What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would it take for you to be pro-Dorrell?

assuming that either one of these is true....

and acknowledging that the previous recruiting structure was replaced by essentially nothing...

and (acknowledging their flaws but) assuming that neither KD or RG are outright stupid people...

my conclusion almost has to be that MT's "recruiting structure" was doing something beyond NCAA limits. I don't think they'd dismantle something for no reason that appeared from the outside to be working.
Plausible.

Betsy Hoffman level overreaction, if true.

Plausible.

Betsy Hoffman level overreaction, if true.
It seems to me, and I have absolutely no inside information at all, and merely speculate as an outsider, that CU is acting like dudley doo right and trying to compete with the SEC-style fast and loose interpretation of the rules. Anything creative or in the gray area sends CU admin running for cover.

In chronological order…
1) Close strong on this recruiting class. Top 40 is the floor. Top 30 would be good.
1a) Homerun hire at OC. Homerun hire at OL. Let all the other contracts expire. Hire young, hungry recruiters.
2) Begin locking down the borders on instate talent for 2023 and beyond.
3) 6-7 wins next year minimum.
4) Close on 2023 recruiting class. Top 30 is the floor. Top 25 would be good.
Bonus: Work with RG to come up with a strategy to lobby strongly/build public pressure for better university support. An institutional change has to be made here and these two are in place to best facilitate it on some level. They have to make the case as to the value a strong, fully funded AD brings to the CU brand.

assuming that either one of these is true....

and acknowledging that the previous recruiting structure was replaced by essentially nothing...

and (acknowledging their flaws but) assuming that neither KD or RG are outright stupid people...

my conclusion almost has to be that MT's "recruiting structure" was doing something beyond NCAA limits. I don't think they'd dismantle something for no reason that appeared from the outside to be working.
I don't think it had anything to do with the NCAA limits. I think that the AD and the administration got very queasy about the fact that they were using pretty coeds who were very active on social media to interact with the recruits. That is just a guess but at CU that type of approach is problematic.

I don't think it had anything to do with the NCAA limits. I think that the AD and the administration got very queasy about the fact that they were using pretty coeds who were very active on social media to interact with the recruits. That is just a guess but at CU that type of approach is problematic.
I bet this is 100% spot on.

that makes sense, but jeez, there's a huge amount of space between:
a. not having pretty girls tweet at recruits
b. dismantling the entire recruiting structure

that makes sense, but jeez, there's a huge amount of space between:
a. not having pretty girls tweet at recruits
b. dismantling the entire recruiting structure
When it comes to any type of objectification of women or even the perception of objectification of women I could definitely see the CU administration overcorrect. I'm not saying what they were doing was right or wrong, but that I think that is the clearest explaination of why the structure was dismantled.

Nepotism for unqualified makes me queasy

Winning 7-8 consistently. Everything else doesn’t matter to me, unless it harms someone. He’s a dick, but wins? He hired his wife as DV, but wins? I don’t care how he gets there only that it gets done. If he wins and was a great person that’d be better, but I’m not asking for a choir boy.

I tuned in only to a few games this season. The team never turned it around and I’m tired of any sense of moral victories.

Just win damnit.

Winning 7-8 consistently. Everything else doesn’t matter to me, unless it harms someone. He’s a dick, but wins? He hired his wife as DV, but wins? I don’t care how he gets there only that it gets done. If he wins and was a great person that’d be better, but I’m not asking for a choir boy.

I tuned in only to a few games this season. The team never turned it around and I’m tired of any sense of moral victories.

Just win damnit.
Beautiful.

7-8 wins a season is honestly enough for me. I would like each unit of the team to be at least average, too-- Our offense this year was pitiful and totally unacceptable, and that has to change.

At the end of the day, the main thing that keeps me coming back to CU football is incredible nostalgia, but it's not possible for that nostalgia to feel like a good thing without entertainment; otherwise, it is sad and painful.

This season mostly sucked, but I still had a blast with the games we won. Anything worse than this season and I'm probably tuning out.

Last edited:
Just checked one of the recruiting services for the latest ranking. CU is 40th based on aggregate star value and 52nd based on average star value per recruit. Using the 6pt rating scale, CUs recruits are very tightly bunched with all 16 current commits between 5.4 and 5.7.

Looking like another bottom quadrant finish in the PAC12. Oh, and they’re currently being out-recruited by Arizona. Let that sink in.

Frustrated George Costanza GIF
But we have mountains

Cheating, I mean trying to win.

Ok, in reality, I want to see some care and focus on recruiting I want to be in the top half of the Pac 12 every year. No exceptions. And top 25 after about 2 years. No exceptions.

None of that will happen so I am with @Duff Man and will most definitely be good with him if he resigned

@Buffalo Brad
And the previous coaches since Gary Barnett.

Dan Hawkins
Jon Embree
Mcintryre
Mel Tucker

have gotten you what exactly? The solution is not the resignation of KD. KD is not even the problem.

1. CU nave to invest more into recruiting, coaches and etc. You get what you pay for.
2. Cu must have patience. It takes time to build a winning prograam.

KD resinging or getting fired wont solve the problems at CU.

Back