What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would it take for you to be pro-Dorrell?

@Buffalo Brad
And the previous coaches since Gary Barnett.

Dan Hawkins
Jon Embree
Mcintryre
Mel Tucker

have gotten you what exactly? The solution is not the resignation of KD. KD is not even the problem.

1. CU nave to invest more into recruiting, coaches and etc. You get what you pay for.
2. Cu must have patience. It takes time to build a winning prograam.

KD resinging or getting fired wont solve the problems at CU.
"Patience" only makes sense to ask for if the moves the HC is making are making the program better.

Show me the staff management, roster management and recruiting that points to the right program trajectory and I'll give you patience.

"Patience" only makes sense to ask for if the moves the HC is making are making the program better.

Show me the staff management, roster management and recruiting that points to the right program trajectory and I'll give you patience.
He got rid of the OC, DC and OL coach. His first recruiting class had players like Niko Reed playing early. kD might not be the guy. But it is too early to make any conclusions. 2022 is a big year for him. If we don't see progress after year 3 then it will be time to move in another direction.

He got rid of the OC, DC and OL coach. His first recruiting class had players like Niko Reed playing early. kD might not be the guy. But it is too early to make any conclusions. 2022 is a big year for him. If we don't see progress after year 3 then it will be time to move in another direction.
1. He should have stripped that OC of playcalling duties long before he fired him. (After Minnesota, if not aTm).
2. DC firing was great. Internal promotion was very questionable.
3. OL Coach should have never been hired, was obscenely overpaid, and was not held accountable for being lazy, stupid and incompetent until the day he was fired.
4. Last year's class was a transition class, so I'm giving a bit of a pass. But it did not set us up to become more talented than we currently are relative to Pac-12 peers.

“Getting rid of the mistakes he shouldn’t have made in the first place” isn’t the winning argument you think it is.

Tyson Summers and Chev were already at CU before Dorrel arrival. Can't in good faith give up on a coach that is 8-10 going to year 3, having to deal with Covid disrupting recruiting and his development plans for his team. I can't do it. KD had his first home visit last week after 2 years in charge. I do like how the team didnt give up this year. I also like the freshmen that saw the field this year. kD should realize he ia on the hotseat. Got to be aggressive with the transfer portal and Juco ranks. Also need to hire OL and OC coaches that have experience and can recruit. I dont want a coach that has never been a coordinator before. Also need guys that can teach.

I forgot KD was the only new coach hired before the covid season and is the only coach that had to deal with the covid season. If only there was a coach hired right around the same time that we could compare him to and see how far behind he is

I forgot KD was the only new coach hired before the covid season and is the only coach that had to deal with the covid season. If only there was a coach hired right around the same time that we could compare him to and see how far behind he is
With the huge advantage of the previous HC being there past signing day so not having a rough transition class

Tyson Summers and Chev were already at CU before Dorrel arrival. Can't in good faith give up on a coach that is 8-10 going to year 3, having to deal with Covid disrupting recruiting and his development plans for his team. I can't do it. KD had his first home visit last week after 2 years in charge.
And EVERY other program in the world had to deal with the same limitations. Really sick of the excuse making. You make it sound like COVID only happened to Duhrell.

Showing some decisiveness wouldn’t hurt. The offensive play calling, for example, was atrocious all year and nothing changed.

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Only time is be pro dorrell is when he cleans out his office at cu and takes his no personality and s**tbag offense, and disappears into obscurity forever
I'm pro fire Karl dorrels worthless a**
Only to move into the office vacated by Rick George…

Winning trumps everything.

But even without winning, I think KD will have me strongly in his corner if he does the things to build back a real foundation for this program while showing the will to make unapologetic changes & having the flexibility to adapt.

If he hires recruiters and innovative coordinators, holds coaches accountable for poor performance (their unit or their recruiting(), builds up the support organization staff, works the transfer portal successfully, and builds some momentum that gives me hope for sustained success being on the horizon... I'm in for a couple years until I'd expect to see the wins start rolling in.
Sanford as OC isn't innovative. It's awful. This is the definition of insanity. We barely throw the ball last year, didn't use the TE (it's almost as if Chev didn't know what they were), and then he goes out and hires a guy who got fired at Minnesota for doing the same things.

When Dorrell shows he's capable of learning from a season like 2021 or gets fired, I'll start taking CU football seriously again.

Last edited:
Sanford as OC isn't innovative. It's awful. This is the definition of insanity. We barely throw the ball last year, didn't use the TE (it's almost as if Chev didn't know what they were), and then he goes out and hires a guy who got fired at Minnesota for doing the same things.

When he shows he's capable of learning from a season like 2021 or gets fired, I'll start taking CU football seriously again.
Yep.

I've wanted KD to have a chance to show us his vision and get his own guys hired. DJ & Chev were inherited.

First major red flag to me was that he needed an OL Coach and somehow ended up hiring Rod.

Looking for silver lining, I thought maybe this showed he was willing to take outside-the-box risks to gain advantage.

But, no, that was just a rushed, poorly considered hire that no program at this level would have been incompetent enough to consider to the point of interview, let alone hire.

Wilson and Sanford, like Langsdorf at QB, are completely uninspired hires of professional coaches with good pedigree on their resumes but nothing there that's invigorating or innovative.

We now know KD's vision.

The vision is to get back to fundamentals. Basic football and football concepts taught by professionals and implemented by high character players who know their assignments. Don't beat yourself. Shorten the game with a ball control offense & play bend but don't break defense to avoid giving up big plays.

If KD's vision was a breakfast cereal, it would be unsweetened corn flakes.

So where I think I'm at is to back off for a while. If the vision works, we will get a stable, competent, mediocre team that plays boring football. That could be a nice foundation for the next coach if somehow we can avoid the talent being in the bottom 10% of P5.

Like how I looked at early MacIntyre. Build up a team that could have a breakthrough year with vets and a little luck, then parlay that to ratcheting up to that next level in recruiting. The ratcheting didn't happen, so we became a program of annual 5-7 seasons.

I'm not quite sure why we changed so much and spent money we didn't have to just get the same results as before. Because having forever Buffs in charge somehow makes the same result better?

I'll pay light attention. Be here in case there's a bandwagon season to jump on and enjoy. But I'm done investing myself into caring so deeply. It's not worth it when being a CU football fan has rarely made my life better the past 18 years. Outside of the friends made & it being something to bring us together, there's very little about CU football fandom I could recommend to anyone.

So I'll be casual about it now. No donations. No season tickets. Talk about it some with you guys. Watch most games on tv. Attend some when it works for the fam. Reserve my emotional investment for basketball.

Yep.

I've wanted KD to have a chance to show us his vision and get his own guys hired. DJ & Chev were inherited.

First major red flag to me was that he needed an OL Coach and somehow ended up hiring Rod.

Looking for silver lining, I thought maybe this showed he was willing to take outside-the-box risks to gain advantage.

But, no, that was just a rushed, poorly considered hire that no program at this level would have been incompetent enough to consider to the point of interview, let alone hire.

Wilson and Sanford, like Langsdorf at QB, are completely uninspired hires of professional coaches with good pedigree on their resumes but nothing there that's invigorating or innovative.

We now know KD's vision.

The vision is to get back to fundamentals. Basic football and football concepts taught by professionals and implemented by high character players who know their assignments. Don't beat yourself. Shorten the game with a ball control offense & play bend but don't break defense to avoid giving up big plays.

If KD's vision was a breakfast cereal, it would be unsweetened corn flakes.

So where I think I'm at is to back off for a while. If the vision works, we will get a stable, competent, mediocre team that plays boring football. That could be a nice foundation for the next coach if somehow we can avoid the talent being in the bottom 10% of P5.

Like how I looked at early MacIntyre. Build up a team that could have a breakthrough year with vets and a little luck, then parlay that to ratcheting up to that next level in recruiting. The ratcheting didn't happen, so we became a program of annual 5-7 seasons.

I'm not quite sure why we changed so much and spent money we didn't have to just get the same results as before. Because having forever Buffs in charge somehow makes the same result better?

I'll pay light attention. Be here in case there's a bandwagon season to jump on and enjoy. But I'm done investing myself into caring so deeply. It's not worth it when being a CU football fan has rarely made my life better the past 18 years. Outside of the friends made & it being something to bring us together, there's very little about CU football fandom I could recommend to anyone.

So I'll be casual about it now. No donations. No season tickets. Talk about it some with you guys. Watch most games on tv. Attend some when it works for the fam. Reserve my emotional investment for basketball.
We are in the same place.

We are in the same place.
So we should plan to hang out at some tailgates, go to the game, and stick if it's fun. If it's painful to watch, be prepared to hit a backup plan of Pearl, hiking, Eldora or just hanging out drinking & watching other games.

Yup. Best part of the season was sackygate.
In other words the quality of the CU game experience is directly related the quality and quantity of alcohol consumed?

And some great tailgate food spreads making that drinking easier.

So we should plan to hang out at some tailgates, go to the game, and stick if it's fun. If it's painful to watch, be prepared to hit a backup plan of Pearl, hiking, Eldora or just hanging out drinking & watching other games.
Return to tailgate vehicle. Continue to Drink but heavily. Eat the rest of the food. Cry.

This is basically where our group is at. 8 of us have season tickets together, 4 have already dropped. We’re unsure what our plan is, but no more donations, lunches, whatever lame BS the AD comes up with. Our entire Athletic Department is borderline apathetic with ALL of their programs. Social media presence is non-existent and disconnected. Very little by way of attempts to engage students, etc… my issues are more with the AD than anywhere else.

I do have a hell of a lot of respect for the commitment that student athletes undertake while getting an education, so it’s difficult to decide to stop showing up. My kids are 6 and 8 and love going to all types of games, so that factors into keeping seats as well. I don’t know what next season holds, but the University better step it’s game up, or they run the risk of losing even the die hards to any number of the other options people have to spend money on.

Back