What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

This is entirely due to early PT. OU and CU are very similar in that respect. Please come to CU

He will probably win more games the first two years in Norman. That's the only benefit.

The Sooners run a hybrid offense that is NOT a pro-style offense.
They have had a really good run of QBs, but that's the past. The future is more unknown.
The Off Coord who installed the offense and trained it, is gone. We'll know in 2 years if Stoop's team can maintain it.
It's Norman. Great football tradition and nothing else.

The Buffs run a Pro-style offense that is begging for TE talent.
We've got the next 5 years covered at QB. No one know's this more than Taylor.
CU's Off Coord showed in year 1 that he is good. He's going no where very quickly. We know these things.
It's Boulder. Great football tradition and EVERYTHING else.

We could use this no-brainer commitment right now to get some other 4-stars "off-the-fence". Dillon is doing what he can. Taylor knows Embree and EB can recruit like nobody else. CU will be very good when TM is an upperclassman. No Question.

If it is down to CU and OU, i like our chances even more now. The opportunity to go home or close to home to play teams like Stanford, UCLA, USC, and Cal. Also include Fresno State is too much to pass up for Taylor.

Man I hope we can convince this kid. We REALLY need him next year. Sounds like we're making a last ditch effort, but hopefully Embree can work a miracle.

Taylor would enjoy training in Boulder.
4b2008ca-725f-612c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN Insider interview is up. Very good stuff. http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=1475

I
like what he is saying. He understands what is going on.

Very good news that the parents are on board for CU. McNamara sounds like a really sound, balanced kid in his thinking. It sounds like the decision is his but he respects his parents in a way that means that he will put a lot of weight on their preference in making his decision.

Oklahoma has offered and scheduled an OV with 4* TE Sean Price (current USF commit).

Read the tea leaves as thou wilt.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Sean-Price-96638

I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up here. McNamara and Rippy would have a much bigger impact than typical 4*'s. As EE's, they're "free" this year, counting against the '11 class, they'd have the spring work to get up to speed on the playbook, plus an extra six months in the weightroom, and having 2 4*'s already enrolled would really signal a turnaround to other kids that are currently on the fence, imo. That could be the difference in landing a Crawley, Yuri, Brown, etc. If Taylor (and Rippy) enrolls, I can really see the snowball over the next 5 weeks.

I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up here. McNamara and Rippy would have a much bigger impact than typical 4*'s. As EE's, they're "free" this year, counting against the '11 class, they'd have the spring work to get up to speed on the playbook, plus an extra six months in the weightroom, and having 2 4*'s already enrolled would really signal a turnaround to other kids that are currently on the fence, imo. That could be the difference in landing a Crawley, Yuri, Brown, etc. If Taylor (and Rippy) enrolls, I can really see the snowball over the next 5 weeks.
Rippy could be an EE but sounds like he's going to stick around and enjoy the rest of his sr yr.

Back