What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Bubble Watch

Syracuse toying with st johns at home. It won't be a bad loss for st johns who is at 57 in RPI, but a big win a Syracuse would have really helped their resume.

Syracuse toying with st johns at home. It won't be a bad loss for st johns who is at 57 in RPI, but a big win a Syracuse would have really helped their resume.

St. John's needs to pick up a win over a team like Syracuse. Otherwise, one bad loss could burst their bubble. We also want the Orange to win today just to protect our own seeding for the Dance.

Virginia is looking like an NCAA Tournament team. Still a lot of work to be done, but today was HUGE. with the Hoos now 7-3 in the ACC. Even more impressive they did this without their best post player, who is out with mono. Maryland really damaged themselves with that home loss today. All isn't lost for the Terps, but Virginia is in MUCH better shape than them now.

NCSU did that they needed to do. Said it a million times, those not in ACC country just aren't aware how tough it is to win at Clemson.

Virginia is looking like an NCAA Tournament team. Still a lot of work to be done, but today was HUGE. with the Hoos now 7-3 in the ACC. Even more impressive they did this without their best post player, who is out with mono. Maryland really damaged themselves with that home loss today. All isn't lost for the Terps, but Virginia is in MUCH better shape than them now.

NCSU did that they needed to do. Said it a million times, those not in ACC country just aren't aware how tough it is to win at Clemson.

FWIW, Some of the most respected Turd fans I read have all but conceded that Maryland will be NIT bound after today's home loss to UVA. Sitting 5-6 and facing Duke next. Pull the monster upset and they're back in the hunt, but it's unlikely.

Meanwhile, UVA sits at 7-3 with a **** Virginia Tech team visiting Charlottesville next.

Only one bubble/seeding game of interest tomorrow in respects to CU

TCU at Oklahoma. Oklahoma is in great shape for the Dance with a solid RPI of 18th, but they're going to be close to us in seeding, most likely.

Marquette at Georgetown will be a good game, but these are two teams safe for the Dance and should be seeded ahead of us unless one of them really starts to stumble down the stretch.

Georgetown is destroying Marquette.

I like this Marquette team, but I also think we'd match up well with them if we drew them in March.

P.S. TCU shot its nut against KU. Curbstomped by OU tonight. Worst thing for their remaining schedule that teams will actually pay attention to them.

Georgetown is destroying Marquette.

I like this Marquette team, but I also think we'd match up well with them if we drew them in March.

P.S. TCU shot its nut against KU. Curbstomped by OU tonight. Worst thing for their remaining schedule that teams will actually pay attention to them.

Oklahoma visits Stillwater on Saturday, but it's really a very, very light schedule remaining for them with at Texas Tech, Baylor, at Texas, Iowa State, West Virginia, at TCU all they have remaining. They're safe for all intents and purposes.

Okie lite's schedule isn't brutal, either. Games with @ TTech, OU, KU, @ WVU, @TCU. 3 of 5 on the road but the games are against the cellar-dwellers.

Okie lite's schedule isn't brutal, either. Games with @ TTech, OU, KU, @ WVU, @TCU. 3 of 5 on the road but the games are against the cellar-dwellers.

Things are much dicier for Iowa State and especially Baylor. Baylor's RPI is only 53rd now, and they have WVU, at KSU, ISU, at OU, at WVU, KSU, at Texas, KU...Bears are in trouble. ISU's schedule isn't easy either, but they're 37th in the RPI so they're in better shape than Baylor

Tomorrow is a pretty entertaining day for a Tuesday.

Kentucky is at Florida. Go Gators.
VA Tech is at Virginia. UVA can't afford a bad loss in the rivalry game.
Villanova is at Cincinnati. I'm not sure who we want in this one. Nova at 15-9 (6-5) could get back in the conversation here. But Cincy's for seeding and could even drop out.
Indiana State is at Missouri State. ISU should roll, but you never know with conference road games.
Alabama is at Georgia. Dawgs have gotten hot and are at home. Loss by Bama is probably all she wrote for them.
Michigan is at Michigan State. This is an in-state rivalry of #4 vs #8. If you like college basketball, you're watching this (7pm, ESPN).

A few bubble teams in action tomorrow

Kentucky at Florida -- Kentucky has been rolling up the wins in the SEC to get to 17-6, 8-2. Florida is a very legitimate national championship contender, though. A Kentucky loss won't crush their hopes or anything, but with UK's RPI sitting 44th, they'll need to make sure they keep taking care of business down the stretch. Kentucky getting Mizzou and Florida at home provides them with the chances for decent, or in UF's case excellent, wins to cement them for the Big Dance.

Virginia hosts Virginia Tech -- Virginia kept their Dance hopes alive in a with their dominating win at Maryland to improve to 17-6, 7-3 and sitting alone in 3rd in the ACC. Virginia Tech has completely fallen apart after a hot start to the season. They should have never fired Greenberg. Virginia will come out looking for blood, few people outside of the Commonwealth understand how vehemently these two hate each other. A Wahoo victory would set the stage for a HUGE game between Virginia and North Carolina in Chapel Hill on Saturday.

Cincinnati hosts Louisville -- Cincinnati is in good shape at 18-6, 6-5 and an RPI of 34th. However, they've lost 2 straight and have a rough stretch to finish. A home loss to Villanova would put them in some trouble with Georgetown, at UConn, at Notre Dame, UConn, at Louisville remaining. Villanova isn't on the bubble anymore, but **** it, they're 15-9, 6-5. If they won something like 6 of their final 7, they'd have a shot. RPI is 62nd.

Alabama at Georgia -- Tide are 15-8, 7-3. They were in good shape until they lost at Auburn last week, which was an absolute killer. They are in big trouble now with an RPI of 63. I think Georgia sticks the dagger in them tonight. Georgia has a poor record, but they've been playing good basketball lately and sit at 6-4 in the SEC. With this one being played in Athens and Alabama being shaky, I think this might prove the end of Bama's hopes to Dance.

Oklahoma lost Buddy Hield for the rest of the season. That's a decent blow for the team and could keep them out.

Lunadri's latest bracket has Arizona State and Stanford in his First Four Out, Cal in his Next Four Out.

Virginia is Lunardi's Last Team In.

Oklahoma lost Buddy Hield for the rest of the season. That's a decent blow for the team and could keep them out.

I think the boomers can survive it Goose. The rest of their season schedule is kinda light -- they might only lose 1 or 2 more games (okie lite and isu).

But the loss of Hield could realty impact their results in the conference tourney and the post-season. He's one of the recruits from last year that I wish the Buffs had landed.

Hield is a huge loss. He does so many different things that I think he's been the catalyst for Oklahoma this year.

Lunadri's latest bracket has Arizona State and Stanford in his First Four Out, Cal in his Next Four Out.

Virginia is Lunardi's Last Team In.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

ON THE BUBBLE

Last Four In

First Four Out

Next Four Out

Lunardi also has us on the cut line to avoid the play-in games they call the 1st round now, with an 80% likelihood of getting the bye.

Last four byes
These teams are not on the immediate cut line for making the NCAA field, but they are on the bubble for a first-round bye and avoiding the First Four round in Dayton.

• Colorado (80 percent)
  • Baylor (70 percent)
  • Illinois (60 percent)
  • North Carolina (60 percent)

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8939222/bracketology-duke-miami-indiana-mix-top-overall-seed-college-basketball

Virginia takes care of Virginia Tech, Hoos improve to 18-6, 8-3. HUGE game for them next at North Carolina, who they've already beaten once this season

Kentucky falls at Florida. Wildcats drop to 17-7, 8-3. They need to keep picking up wins, especially when Missouri visits Rupp on Feb. 23

Indiana State lost at Missouri State. That's got to end it for them.

Cincinnati took out Villanova. That's what we wanted to happen. Now we can root for Cincy to go on a losing streak.

Big win by Alabama at Georgia. It's going to be such crap if the SEC gets more than 2 bids. And I think they'll end up with 5.

Big win by Alabama at Georgia. It's going to be such crap if the SEC gets more than 2 bids. And I think they'll end up with 5.

Still highly doubt Bama gets in. They'll lose at LSU which will be the dagger, and then also lose at Ole Miss and at Florida. Not out of the question Georgia could get revenge on them in Tuscaloosa, either.

Sparty looked like a 1-seed tonight. 75-52 over Michigan. Impressive.

Back