What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Bubble Watch

VERY conceivable North Carolina could go 3-4 in their final 7. They better watch out coming off an emotional rivalry against Duke with a Virginia team who hates their guts and is playing very solid basketball coming to visit on Saturday. I'm sure the Carolina Mafia will have the refs like Karl Hess and Jamie Luckie, the two most notorious Carolina knob lickers, out in full force to save the Heels' March Madness hopes though.

Maybe it's just because I despise UNC b-ball ... but I don't see them getting shunned by the committee as long as the latter has any excuse to let them in ... same with Kentucky.

Maybe it's just because I despise UNC b-ball ... but I don't see them getting shunned by the committee as long as the latter has any excuse to let them in ... same with Kentucky.

Their RPI is in decent shape in the mid 30's, but their remaining schedule is a lot more difficult than it appears at first glance. They could easily go 3-4 and be in serious trouble. The Dean Dome is so huge that it isn't a particularly hard place to play in terms of noise, it's the home cooking from the Carolina Mafia and their refs that is the issue.

San Diego State losing at CSU and falling to 6-4 in conference play didn't do their resume any favors. Not a bad loss by any stretch, but also a missed opportunity and another loss.

This is turning into one ridiculously soft bubble. Buffs win tomorrow and we are basically locked in. Worst case scenario and we lose, we are still in good shape to Dance. However, that's not to imply we should put that to risk. We have a golden opportunity to boost our potential seed into a great place tomorrow with a win.

It seems like no one wants to be in the dance. This year is very strange. Soft bubble and soft teams. There's not even a favorite to win the tourney. Michigan just got blown out by MSU. Indiana has lost quite a few recently. Louisville. Is well. Louisville. The only consistent team since January 1st is a team that lost to Florida Gulf Coast?!

It seems like no one wants to be in the dance. This year is very strange. Soft bubble and soft teams. There's not even a favorite to win the tourney. Michigan just got blown out by MSU. Indiana has lost quite a few recently. Louisville. Is well. Louisville. The only consistent team since January 1st is a team that lost to Florida Gulf Coast?!

IIRC, Miami had many injuries at that point. Still no excuse, though. You are right though that this is going to be an absolutely chaotic bubble process, and March Madness. Even in the Round of 32, many of those 1-8/9 and 2-7/10 games won't be looking nearly as lopsided as many years. This could turn to complete and utter mayhem in a hurry. Fantastic year to be in the Dance. With all the parity, and thus upsets, you never know -- it may be our Buffs that catch some breaks and proceed far deeper than conventional wisdom would suggest. There's simply nothing sweeter than advancing to the Round of 32 and seeing that you're playing Akron instead of Michigan. For now, though, let's just lock up our bid and work on boosting our seed.

Last edited:
Their RPI is in decent shape in the mid 30's, but their remaining schedule is a lot more difficult than it appears at first glance. They could easily go 3-4 and be in serious trouble. The Dean Dome is so huge that it isn't a particularly hard place to play in terms of noise, it's the home cooking from the Carolina Mafia and their refs that is the issue.

It's comical listening to sports talk radio today and how they're pretty much calling this a moral victory for UNC. Let me get this straight, they claim to be god's gift to mankind when it comes to college hoops yet they're into claiming moral victories against their biggest rival.

RE: Their home court advantage. That's true, UNC is not one of the tougher places to play. VT should've beat them.

Some other huge bubble games Thursday

UCLA at Cal -- Cal's big win at Arizona has put them in the bubble conversation. Their remaining schedule is relatively favorable. If they beat UCLA tonight, they'd be a contender. RPI is 61st though, so they need this win tonight badly.

USC at Stanford -- Stanford is lurking in the bubble conversation too with their solid play recently. RPI is 57th. They need to finish strong, this is a must-win for them tonight.

Gonzaga at St. Mary's. St. Mary's has a gaudy 21-4, 10-1 record, but some sketchy losses and no eye-catching wins. RPI is 47th. This is their big shot for a marquee win.

St. John's at Louisville -- St. John's is the typical bubble team at 15-9, 7-5. RPI 54th. Golden chance for them tonight against a Louisville team that may be caught napping, literally, coming off their 5OT loss at Notre Dame.

Wisconsin at Minnesota -- Wisconsin has essentially reached safety. Minnesota is still in great shape with their RPI, but they've lost 6/8 to fall to 17-7, 5-6. They badly need this win.

Duquesne at Temple -- Temple has quietly put themselves in play at 16-7, 5-4 and RPI 40th. Needless to say, losing to the worst team in the A-10 is a way to knock yourself right out.

Oh, they'll let them in. But they are in serious jeopardy of being forced to play more than 30 miles from home in the tourney.

Oh, they'll let them in. But they are in serious jeopardy of being forced to play more than 30 miles from home in the tourney.

You mean their route to the Final 4 may not be through Greensboro and Charlotte? The horror!

You've never seen home cooking until you witness an ACC Tournament in Greensboro or Charlotte in person. It is simply unbelievable.

What are the odds of 4 teams from CO making it to the Dance this year? Buffs look like a lock, CSU is bubblicious, AFA is coming on and DU is in contention for the WAC title.

U$C trying very hard to throw the game away in the final minute. Up 65-64 over Furd with 21 seconds to go...

That ends Stanford's hopes.

Cal the last remaining hope for a 5th Pac team. They need to win 5/6 down the stretch, IMO, which would get them to 20 wins. Very conceivable given how favorable their remaining schedule is.

Great win by USC. Stanford's hard to figure out.

They are. But one thing that isn't hard to figure out is that this killed any realistic hopes of theirs to make the Dance. 15-10, 6-6 and still have UCLA, at Oregon, Colorado, at Cal. Opportunities for big wins are there, but this loss tonight was the dagger as their RPI will now slip back into the mid 60s.

St. Mary's missed its chance against Gonzaga tonight. I'm not sure about them. Kind of fed on cupcakes this year. Pretty good team on a soft bubble, though.

DU with a great win at Utah State in OT. Now 16-8 (12-2). There's a chance that the state of Colorado could send 4 teams to the Dance this year (CU, CSU, DU, AFA). That would be incredible.

A three from the corner falling out of bounds is the best option at the end? Yikes.

Yeah, after I posted that, Stanfurd had a seriously head up their ass final possession...

For such a great academic school, they didn't look all that smart at the end of this one...

St. Mary's missed its chance against Gonzaga tonight. I'm not sure about them. Kind of fed on cupcakes this year. Pretty good team on a soft bubble, though.

DU with a great win at Utah State in OT. Now 16-8 (12-2). There's a chance that the state of Colorado could send 4 teams to the Dance this year (CU, CSU, DU, AFA). That would be incredible.

St. Mary's has the gaudy record, but take a look at their few losses aside from Gonzaga. They are extremely weak. They also lack any impressive wins at all. This is the type of team I hate to see get in. If they can't beat an NCAA Tournament team their entire season, then **** them.

Yeah, after I posted that, Stanfurd had a seriously head up their ass final possession...

For such a great academic school, they didn't look all that smart at the end of this one...

Were they out of timeouts?

Regardless, USC avoided the choke job of all choke jobs.

There's a chance that the state of Colorado could send 4 teams to the Dance this year (CU, CSU, DU, AFA). That would be incredible.

That would be wonderful. Maybe the east coast media might actually have to start paying attention to this region's basketball props.

Not holding my breath though.

Really time for the Pac to step it up this postseason. I just spent a half hour arguing with ACC morons. They can't fathom how the Pac could get 5 teams in. Would love to have that happen and shove it up their arrogant asses.

Would LOVE some Pac-12/ACC match ups in the Dance. It's time to teach these ****ers a lesson.

Last edited:
Back