What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Harbaugh would be a great hire obviously. Look at Stanford now that his recruits and coaching are gone.

I think they should hire sparkles. Lol.

How about a little bit of completely baseless will speculation.

Coming of a down year Stanford figures out a way to relieve Shaw of his job and Harbaugh goes back to the Tree.

I didn't think so either but it's a thought.

As a Buff fan not a good thought though. I'd rather see Stanford slowly slide back into mediocrity.

Look who made it big time
b84f2966056b5025add35883a34ce356.jpg
[MENTION=7823]skinsfan55[/MENTION]

But would he leave? He now has the $ec recruiting "umbrella", a school where he can probably get in more academic risks, and a whole helluva lot less pressure than coaching in gainsville. Why leave?

Bro, I'll try not to be biased but, UF is possibly the easiest school to recruit to in the nation.

Bro, I'll try not to be biased but, UF is possibly the easiest school to recruit to in the nation.

Nope. That's USC. In addition to recruiting grounds, tradition, prestige, and warm weather location... they're the only one of the elites that has the advantages of not being a public institution while being willing to use those advantages.

Nope. That's USC. They're the only one of the elites that has the advantages of not being a public institution while being willing to use those advantages.

I said possibly. If not #1 they are a top-5 school to recruit to. USC, Texas, Florida, Bama, and.... tOSU?

I said possibly. If not #1 they are a top-5 school to recruit to. USC, Texas, Florida, Bama, and.... tOSU?

Probably pretty close. What you've also got to look at is how good your recruiting is when the program is down.

Florida can get dominated by FSU, Miami and Georgia in its recruiting grounds when they're down. USC, Texas, Bama, OSU and LSU don't have those problems.

Mullen is sure to be near the top of Florida's list
Supposedly there is bad blood between Mullen and UF AD. Stoops is not likely to leave Norman, but given the mediocre results this year he could be tempted by a return to UF. Don't see Shanny or Sparkles happening. Shanny is too old, Sparkles too lacking in big time credentials at HC.

Nope. That's USC. In addition to recruiting grounds, tradition, prestige, and warm weather location... they're the only one of the elites that has the advantages of not being a public institution while being willing to use those advantages.

ncaa-football-california-southern-california1.jpg

Who knew a dumb joke like that would take off? Then again, the only time I got Reddit gold was when I questioned Oliver Queen's decision making abilities on /r/arrow by calling him "the Tony Romo of superheroes" so I guess bad jokes go a long way on reddit.

I dont think Shanahan translates to the college game. Not sure he translates to the pro game without Alex Gibbs.

Who knew a dumb joke like that would take off? Then again, the only time I got Reddit gold was when I questioned Oliver Queen's decision making abilities on /r/arrow by calling him "the Tony Romo of superheroes" so I guess bad jokes go a long way on reddit.

Didn't know you are redditor

What about Todd Graham to Florida? Anyone doubt that his ambition is a big name team with a chance at a national championship every year or two? Won't happen at ASU.

He just blew his shot at a MNC yesterday, but ASU had an opportunity. You can win a MNC at ASU.

I dont think Shanahan translates to the college game. Not sure he translates to the pro game without Alex Gibbs.

We may never know but I have always thought the exact opposite. Shanny is smart, might be to smart to be successful in the pros anymore.

As a college coach he is likely to cut things down to a size his team can handle. He is a guy who likes to control every little detail from coaching and scheme to personel. In the college game that is the norm, in the pros it is to big a job.

My only question is if he is now to old to put the kind of focus into it that it would require, would he burn himself out.

Off topic, but now that we have an actual playoff is it still a "MNC" or can we just call it a "NC" outright?
Until it expands to to at least 16 or only winners of conference championship games are invited, it is stil a 'MNC'.

Back