What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

CSU, Michigan, and the nubs all coach less. I love life right boe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing a top 5 football program can't pay a $7.5 mil buyout, and I have an even harder time believing a MWC coach like McElwain would ever turn down a top 5 football program to remain at CSU.

I have a hard time believing a top 5 football program can't pay a $7.5 mil buyout, and I have an even harder time believing a MWC coach like McElwain would ever turn down a top 5 football program to remain at CSU.

I don't think it is a question of can they, but will they. $7.5 MM is a ridiculously high buyout. I doubt Foley wants to be known as the P5 AD who grabbed his ankles for CSU.

I don't think it is a question of can they, but will they. $7.5 MM is a ridiculously high buyout. I doubt Foley wants to be known as the P5 AD who grabbed his ankles for CSU.

Props to CSU if they get that full amount. Biggest paid buyout in D1 history..... to get Sparkles :lol:

I honestly think the problem lies with CSU and it's lack of a director of athletics. That's who would normally be dealing with these kinds of negotiations. Without an AD at CSU, UF has to try to strike a deal with people who look at the contract and say "well, it says here that the buyout is $7.5MM, so I guess that's what you have to pay us". The UF people have to be pulling out their hair, thinking that they're dealing with a bunch of total amateurs. And in fact, that's exactly what they're dealing with.

Just to give a little perspective, Bret Bielema's buyout is $2.5MM up to 12/31/14, 1/1/15 it drops to $2 MM. Nobody is going to pay $7.5 MM.

When can we start the Todd Graham to Michigan rumors? Or to Neb.

It's a good question. Some of these coaching dominoes have to fall in the Pac 12 eventually. Rich Rod and Graham are the two most likely candidates.

I don't think NU has much allure. It's gotten harder to recruit there now that there's actually rules that are occassionally enforced. They have no TV in Cali or Texas. They have no recruiting base anywhere close to home. Bo was using his Ohio and Louisiana connections the best he could. THey haven't been relevant in a decade....

Not a job many would want.

I honestly think the problem lies with CSU and it's lack of a director of athletics. That's who would normally be dealing with these kinds of negotiations. Without an AD at CSU, UF has to try to strike a deal with people who look at the contract and say "well, it says here that the buyout is $7.5MM, so I guess that's what you have to pay us". The UF people have to be pulling out their hair, thinking that they're dealing with a bunch of total amateurs. And in fact, that's exactly what they're dealing with.

I am not sure Jack Graham would have handled it any differently if he were still there.

I don't think NU has much allure. It's gotten harder to recruit there now that there's actually rules that are occassionally enforced. They have no TV in Cali or Texas. They have no recruiting base anywhere close to home. Bo was using his Ohio and Louisiana connections the best he could. THey haven't been relevant in a decade....

Not a job many would want.

All this. No more partial qualifiers. Minimum GPAs. Limits of walkons. Less scholarships.

I'd say an insider like Frost is there best hope.

I'm beginning to think that some of the luster has tarnished at um, at least in terms of attracting coaches. The stories of Carr, DickRod, and HJoke have all ended in some amount of turmoil.

How many coaches will think twice before throwing their hats in the ring of Ann Arbor?

I understand why people constantly bring up Todd Graham, but ASU is far and away the best job he has ever had. He will be there for another few years at least.

More news-Looks like Will Muschamp is taking the Auburn DC job, and UNLV is going to hire some high school coach.

Unconfirmed scuttlebutt Dan Mullen has been offered the proverbial ear of corn to lead the Post-Pelini Huskers....

Back