What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Radio guys were talking about him on my drive home. I guess his qb will be a fifth year graduated senior next year and could follow him.

Guy knows offense. Not bad in a division with teams like Wazzu, Oregon, and Cal.

Ugh. I think the guy is a pretty good coach; very competitive and develops players, particularly QBs. But it sounds like Fla is meddling with him already.

Wonder if the AD is going to "suggest" anybody as part of the staff.

If they do start interfering with his staff selection etc. then it is easy to understand how they have fallen on hard times

[/B]Wonder if the AD is going to "suggest" anybody as part of the staff.

If they do start interfering with his staff selection etc. then it is easy to understand how they have fallen on hard times

Not that it's a bad idea, but I think they've told him to retain most of the defensive staff already.

McElwain has done well from where he was 4 years ago - interviewed for but did not get the CU job. Goes back to Bama for another year and part of another NC. Gets a non-P5 job at CSU and does a good job but also has the advantage of weak competition. Now lands in arguably one of the Top 5 jobs in the country in a program loaded with talent and the Gators have one of the Top rated QBs in the country who redshirted this year. With McElwain's knack for developing QBs and the talent pool at Florida he has a real shot to do well. Be interesting who he gets as his DC - would be a good move to keep the defensive staff intact.

His most important hire is the o-line coach. #1 qualification is ability to teach players to block the opponent and not each other.

McElwain has done well from where he was 4 years ago - interviewed for but did not get the CU job. Goes back to Bama for another year and part of another NC. Gets a non-P5 job at CSU and does a good job but also has the advantage of weak competition. Now lands in arguably one of the Top 5 jobs in the country in a program loaded with talent and the Gators have one of the Top rated QBs in the country who redshirted this year. With McElwain's knack for developing QBs and the talent pool at Florida he has a real shot to do well. Be interesting who he gets as his DC - would be a good move to keep the defensive staff intact.
No way!

With Sparkles taking none of his staff sort of underscores the "Sparkles was gong to UF no matter what it took" story line.

[/B]Wonder if the AD is going to "suggest" anybody as part of the staff.

Hopefully this guy suggests that Sparkles hires his son:

Chuck%20Neinasx-large.jpg

lots of twitter folks comparing this hire to Dorrel, Brewster, and a guy named Embree

Brewster comparison seems about right for Beaty. Known as a great recruiter in Texas.

My concern is where Kevin Sumlin will look to replace his WR coach. Can we give Baer's multi-year contract to Walters? Yesterday?

Brewster comparison seems about right for Beaty. Known as a great recruiter in Texas.

My concern is where Kevin Sumlin will look to replace his WR coach. Can we give Baer's multi-year contract to Walters? Yesterday?

Interesting thought. Didn't Sumlin pass on Walters when he was hired?

Interesting thought. Didn't Sumlin pass on Walters when he was hired?

I can't remember whether Walters had left Sherman's staff before that coaching change occurred. Because of his history in College Station (high school when I believe his dad was an assistant) and his age I wondered if he was seen as a rising coaching star by people outside of the CU fanbase. I was certainly nervous last year when Stanford had an offensive coaching vacancy.

Was merely explaining why he got hired. It's not a good one and definitely a reach.

Just an observation, but, certain threads begin to take a certain trajectory your posts most often derail/bring them back to reality. In one ****ing sentence. :lol:

Per footballscoop.com

Tennessee: Jimmy Hyams’ reports that Butch Jones, despite Michigan’s overtures, will sign an extension in the coming days with Tennessee. Per our sources, Michigan requested approval to have formal discussions with Butch. Sources tell us Butch thanked them for their interest but is very happy at Tennessee. We understand that in addition to a raise and extension for Butch that his assistants will be receiving additional compensation as well.

Per footballscoop.com

Tennessee: Jimmy Hyams’ reports that Butch Jones, despite Michigan’s overtures, will sign an extension in the coming days with Tennessee. Per our sources, Michigan requested approval to have formal discussions with Butch. Sources tell us Butch thanked them for their interest but is very happy at Tennessee. We understand that in addition to a raise and extension for Butch that his assistants will be receiving additional compensation as well.

I wouldn't leave either. SEC East is a mess and Tennessee gets full support from their administration.

Back