What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

I don't think NU has much allure. It's gotten harder to recruit there now that there's actually rules that are occassionally enforced. They have no TV in Cali or Texas. They have no recruiting base anywhere close to home. Bo was using his Ohio and Louisiana connections the best he could. THey haven't been relevant in a decade....

Not a job many would want.

And despite the realities of no recruiting base and no conference title since the 90s, you'll get fired sooner or later for winning 9-10 games per season (did so each and every year). Top 25 finishes each of his last 6 years.

Sounds like CSU Prez is playing hardball after saying he wouldn't. I can understand the negotiation tactic, but he better be careful or he'll end up stuck with a coach who doesn't want to be there.

[tweet]540497244626374658[/tweet]

kinda feeling sorry for kansas, smu and others looking to hire coaches - they are getting no air time

Reset.

SMU-Jones out, Morris in.
KU- Fat Charlie out, haven't heard any names other than Harbaugh (not likely) and Bowen their DC
NU- Pelini out, NU dials up the Mike Riley surprise
Buffalo- hired a DIII guy
Tulsa- Blankenship out, apparently a lot of interest
UNLV- Hauck out, Bishop Gorman HC Sanchez appears to be the man.
UF- Muschamp out and reportedly headed to Auburn as DC, Sparkles is the new head gator.

Secondary market-

CSU- first program to be poached, Orgeron, Matt Lubick, some guy from Ault or another willing to sign monstrous buyout laden contract are interested.
Oregon State- Mike Riley off to greener cornfields, Pitt HC Paul Chryst, BYU HC Bronco Mendenhall, Utah State's Matt Wells are early names

Last edited:
Many names being thrown around on the radio here. The funniest one was Bo Pelini. Somebody also suggested Scott Frost (won't happen). Doug Nussmeier is from Portland and currently out of work. The list lefty has above is pretty good too.

Very screwy situation at Oregon State, however. Their AD, Bob De Carolis, has one year left on his contract and he is not coming back, from what I understand. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2011. So, what does Oregon State do? Find a coach but tell that coach he'll have a new AD in 18 months or find a new AD now and let him hire a coach?

Anybody notice how the Michigan coaching search is pretty much an after thought in the sports world right now? At least it seems that way to me.

Bob Stitt made it. I need to find out who Stitt's PR person is and hire that guy/gal.

I think that's one of his strengths, if someone did hire him, he'd be good with the media. Reporters seem to love him. I mean, his story is kind of old news by now, and Bruce Feldman(Fox) still swung by to do a feature on him last month. I wonder if that's holding him back as far as a HC taking him on as a coordinator, when they know they might be competing with him for quotes.

Anybody notice how the Michigan coaching search is pretty much an after thought in the sports world right now? At least it seems that way to me.

That or they are just doing a very good job of keeping a cap on who they are talking to.

Most of what the public hears prior to the announcement is the rumor mill. A certain amount of the rumor mill is simply that, pure uninformed speculation. A certain amount of it, and the thing that feeds the whole deal are the bits and pieces of information coming out of the process.

Michigan is either doing nothing or doing a very good job of not lettting what they are doing leak out.

You are right though that not to many years ago no news from Michigan would be one of the top news stories. They and the B1G are no longer at the head of college football.

Has Michigan settled yet on an AD?

Because, if not, the only hire they could make would be someone like Harbaugh or Miles who is so big that he's AD-proof.

Has Michigan settled yet on an AD?

Because, if not, the only hire they could make would be someone like Harbaugh or Miles who is so big that he's AD-proof.

Brian Griese was on espn radio today saying that the interim, Jim Hackett, is assumed to be taking over full time. Not sure why they haven't announced that or what the deal was, but when Russillo asked him about it, Griese made it clear it's not an issue but didn't want to get into details. Apparently Griese's has some involvement in the search because he wouldn't get into potential candidates.

Last edited:
Nussmeier to Oregon State would be interesting since he worked with presumed QB successor Luke Del Rio at Bama last year.

DeRuyter is an interesting name because of his experiences in Texas and California as that previously linked article stated. Overall the quality of the Pac-12 North could be falling further behind the South division.

Can't imagine Nussmeier would get it. He was a hot name at UW, but his stint at Bammer ended with him fielding the blame for a non NC season and then he joined the sinking ship in Ann Arbor.

If Lindgren up and ditched us this offseason I'd be down for Nussmeier as our OC.

Back