What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

Certainly there are excuses for losing that game, but they are still just that, excuses. Fact is they lost the game by 3 points to a good but not great opponent.

Had they made one more big play they win the game. Championship teams do that, the rest go home.

WSU is an out of division opponent, in an SEC type schedule there is a good chance that opponent isn't even on the schedule, replaced by an FCS opponent or other home game against a G5 team.

If the PAC is going to continue to schedule like it does then one way or another they need a team to win those games, otherwise more often than not the PAC champ will be sitting home while someone else goes to the playoff.

A close road loss to a decent conference opponent is not playing "pathetic" like you originally said.

Just because USC did not make the playoff does not mean they have severely underperformed.

Word is Baker Mayfield is sick. They didn't say what, just an illness. They'll get boat raced if he doesn't play. I'd think he'll play though.

When a conference is struggling for exposure on the national stage, all of the bowl games matter.
As a conference, yes. But try to convince the players that they are playing for their conferences' honor! Football is won and lost at the LOS. You can quickly figure out when one team is playing for something or not.

Last edited:
The CFP has its good points, but the P12 champ and the Big10 champ playing in the Cotton Bowl is not one of them.
I'm a firm believer if you are a conference champ, you get in over a non-conference champ in ANY circumstance. I don't care if a 7-5 Arizona team backs their way in to the championship thru a 3 way tie within the division and then knocks off a 12-0 UW from the North in the CCG because of a few fluky turnovers. You are still the conference champ (besides - there are 5 conference champs and the chances of this happening in 2 conferences are almost zero).

That’s cool and all, but this isn’t the 1990s or even early 2000s. Adapt or die, and the Pac is moving toward the latter
Oh, I hear ya. Hell, if it would help things, I'd be fine with it. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind a change at the top of the Pac12. I wouldn't have said that even a few years back but we are behind other conferences imho.

I had mono after college and missed work for three weeks. It was the worst illness I ever had.
same here. I had mono when I was 19, sukd. I could not breathe and not a chance of swallowing food for like three weeks. Finally got a shot of antibiotics, was healed in about three days then. Couldn't imagine playing football that sick.

same here. I had mono when I was 19, sukd. I could not breathe and not a chance of swallowing food for like three weeks. Finally got a shot of antibiotics, was healed in about three days then. Couldn't imagine playing football that sick.

I had it in 9th grade. It is actually a virus so antibiotics don't help (but can help with other bacterial diseases that attack a weakened immune system.)

Part of the illness is that the spleen swells up and becomes susceptible to rupturing on impact. Had me flat on my back for 3 weeks, lost a bunch of weight, took a while after to get my strength back. They also wouldn't let me play sports all that time because of the spleen.

Shaky start for Wake against Aggie ... two blocked punts resulting in two TDs. But they've now recovered nicely and lead 17-14 early in the 2nd.

EDIT: Make that 24-14.

After it was 14-0 A&M, I turned it off thinking it was going to be a blowout. It's starting to look that way with Wake up 31-14

Wake special teams riding the rollercoaster:

Blocked punt returned for TD
Blocked punt returned for TD
Punt return for TD
Blocked FG

Wake up 38-28 at half. Did not seem that high scoring just watching it.

O/U was 65.5:confused:

Yeah, they are playing a bunch of young guys but expected more athleticism in their defensive backfield. It’s not like wake is a good judge either.

Their lines look like you would expect them to, but the LBs and secondary do not look the part.

Back