What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

That Colburn kid is good. I love that he had the smarts to take it outside instead of just going straight up the middle into nothingness.

This is the worst ejection that I've ever seen. It's also shocking that he's a Pac-12 ref.

Saw that when it happened live. Horrible decision by that ref. Only thing I can come up with is that the RB must have said something to the ref, after the RB got hit well after the whistle. Regardless, it seems to be a bad call by the ref.

This is the worst ejection that I've ever seen. It's also shocking that he's a Pac-12 ref.

Huh, pretty ridiculous. Not really sure what that ref was attempting to do, maybe he went to get the ball? But the player clearly grabbed his arm and looks to push him away so he can’t say he didn’t do anything. Can’t touch the refs, it’s a penalty every time. An injection though? That’s absurd, ref got in his personal space.

Well, the rest of the nation is getting to see what the P12 has to deal with. The worst ejection followed by the second worst ejection in one game.

No way on Gods green earth that was targeting

Worst call I have ever seen. Will await ref’s postgame explanation. But, on the surface, horrendous call.

What I’ve seen on Twitter is that they’re Big 12 refs, not Pac 12
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Twitter is wrong

I really don’t understand everyone losing their mind over the referee, he grabbed the referees arm and it was lightly. Its in the rule book, you CANNOT forcibly touch the referee, penalty is an automatic disqualification. The ref is a douche for getting in his way and then throwing the flag but he should have just said no and got up on his own. I don’t see it as egregious as everyone else.

Thank god for this thread reminding me that it's bowl season. I'm going to order some pizza and plant my ass on the couch.

I still can't get over how weird it is that there is a month off between conference championships and national championship.

I really don’t understand everyone losing their mind over the referee, he grabbed the referees arm and it was lightly. Its in the rule book, you CANNOT forcibly touch the referee, penalty is an automatic disqualification. The ref is a douche for getting in his way and then throwing the flag but he should have just said no and got up on his own. I don’t see it as egregious as everyone else.
The ref extended his arms towards the kid as he was getting up, kid was pissed the ref didn't throw the flag for late hit. Not like the kid pushed or punched the ref

The ref extended his arms towards the kid as he was getting up, kid was pissed the ref didn't throw the flag for late hit. Not like the kid pushed or punched the ref

I look at it like this. The ref is the boss, you don’t **** with the boss. If you do, you pay the consequences. He touched the ref by grabbing his wrist. I think it’s ridiculous too but it’s in the rules and if your going to be stupid and touch the ref you better know he has the power to discipline you. He has no one to blame but himself on this one.

I look at it like this. The ref is the boss, you don’t **** with the boss. If you do, you pay the consequences. He touched the ref by grabbing his wrist. I think it’s ridiculous too but it’s in the rules and if your going to be stupid and touch the ref you better know he has the power to discipline you. He has no one to blame but himself on this one.
I would agree if the ref didn't put his arms out

I mostly agree with Buffaholic that bowl games are a grab bag of desire and teams that don’t care, but the Pac 12 current trajectory makes me feel even worse about the Buffs 2-7 conference record. At some point, the law of averages does take over. We were seriously bad this year - WTF.

I would agree if the ref didn't put his arms out

That’s what bothers me about that replay, it’s so weird. Just throwing out the fact that he grabbed the ref so while stupid, he should have kept his hands to himself. He put himself at the mercy of a douche.

The ref made the correct call in both the Snell ejection and the targeting call. In the Snell case, the official didn't initiate the contact. Snell very clearly crabbed his wrists. Even if the ref was extending his hand to help him up the player is the one that created the confrontation.

The targeting call was clearly a crown of helmet rule and anyone who disagrees with the call doesn't understand the rule or its purpose.

I keep wondering how many brain cells I would be required to lose in order to become a football commentator / writer, because based on the hot takes it would seem to be all of them.

Is this the dumbest playcall? NW up 7 with 2:30 left on your own 39 and you go for it?

BTW, good chance Michigan State is well inside the preseason Top 10. That team is loaded for a run next year.
LJ Scott coming back is huge news. Bachie a beast too.

And Lewerke finally changed that douchey haircut and went full blue-collar and balled out. Looks like a 10 win schedule for them too.

Back