What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

Shaw is like Lindgren and using the TE, only more so. Spends 7 years building up tendencies of not throwing to RB's only to bust it out in the Alamo bowl.

A RB who can’t also be a pass catcher in today’s NFL is worthless. McCaffrey is already the best pass catching RB in the NFL, save for maybe Le’Veon Bell. He can also be relied upon to safely return punts/kicks if needed.
He’s barely top 5 for RBs...

PAC 12 not so good at the bowl game thing.
TCU knows how to make adjustments.
Wazzu overmatched but playing their backup QB and their best defender suspended for first half.

I don’t really see how Stanford losing by 2 to TCU is some terrible result for the conference. WSU wasn’t a good sign but the conference of quarterbacks playing without two of their best and probably the number one pick in the draft is going to change things.

People using that against Mayfield too smh. He plays behind a great OL, probably the best OL in college football, but he lost 2 NFL RBs and an award winning WR and still broke his own efficiency records this year.

Pay da man.
No doubt but I also think there is a difference because mayfield could probably handle pressure a little better because he is mobile and used to moving the pocket while Rudolph is more of a pocket guy even though he has great pocket presence.

i don't think the pac is all that. this was a bad year for the conference but even still.....just because it's our conference doesn't mean we have to defend it nonsensically.

i also don't think bowl games are the total arbiter. lot of things can happen in a month with 20 year olds and film study.

Utah put it on west virgina. wvu has no bad losses....except for a loss to Texas in Morgantown.....the rest are TCU, OU, Ok State, Va Tech. all of those games are close minus OU.

Darth SNyder with a month to prepare against a mediocre UCLA team that fired it's coach and has one star player who has rarely elevated his "team" in big games.......is classic team football concept vs. a mediocre team that fired it's coach with a player looking to the NFL....matchup. that and Boise against UO were the locks of the bowl betting season.

i like Mason Rudolph.

I was getting laughs from Joey Galloway and David Pollack bickering back and forth...then you barely heard Galloway after halftime. Didn't sound like they get along that great? wsu game was boring as heck, tcu vs the furd was entertaining.

Last edited:
my stanford buddy thinks shaw has a little too much cut off your nose to spite your face do it this way to him.....as in others saying doesn't make adjustment. I like Paterson a lot as a coach and pretty happy he isn't coaching in Austin or College Station.

Take nothing from the Silly Bowl season. Mismatched motives usually equates to zilch.
The games that matter start in a few days.

Everyone else is playing for all kinds of reasons.

PAC12 went 6-2 vs P5 conferences this year.
USC **** the bed vs Notre Dame.
Stanford handled Notre Dame with ease.
USC then did same vs Stanford.

Those games mattered.

Last edited:
Take nothing from the Silly Bowl season. Mismatched motives usually equates to zilch.

Those games mattered.

That USC-ND game is typical of how the PAC screws itself. Had USC not played a pathetic game against WSU or shown up against ND they would be in the playoffs this year. Instead we have two SEC teams that handle conference games and for the most part don't leave SEC country or play anyone decent in OOC. (though to their credit this years Georgia team did play and beat ND.)

USC should be in the playoff instead of Bama but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Thoughts on Herman making fun of and mocking an opposing player? On one hand, the Missouri QB’s celebration was really douchey and deserved to be mocked, and I like a coach having his players back. OTOH, the HC of one of the handful of blue blood programs and the Texas flagship bumbling down the sideline, mocking a college kid, is so amateur and douchey itself that I can’t bring myself to be OK with it.

I have no problem with it. Hilarious.

If the kid didn’t want to be mocked, he shouldn’t have acted like an idiot in the first place.

That USC-ND game is typical of how the PAC screws itself. Had USC not played a pathetic game against WSU or shown up against ND they would be in the playoffs this year. Instead we have two SEC teams that handle conference games and for the most part don't leave SEC country or play anyone decent in OOC. (though to their credit this years Georgia team did play and beat ND.)

USC should be in the playoff instead of Bama but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Your continued insistence on calling out USC for a close road loss to Washington State on a short week with several OL injuries is really strange to me.

Those games mattered.

When a conference is struggling for exposure on the national stage, all of the bowl games matter.

Your continued insistence on calling out USC for a close road loss to Washington State on a short week with several OL injuries is really strange to me.

Certainly there are excuses for losing that game, but they are still just that, excuses. Fact is they lost the game by 3 points to a good but not great opponent.

Had they made one more big play they win the game. Championship teams do that, the rest go home.

WSU is an out of division opponent, in an SEC type schedule there is a good chance that opponent isn't even on the schedule, replaced by an FCS opponent or other home game against a G5 team.

If the PAC is going to continue to schedule like it does then one way or another they need a team to win those games, otherwise more often than not the PAC champ will be sitting home while someone else goes to the playoff.

Short of a massive realignment and the forming of a consistent governing body for the P5 teams, the SEC isn’t going to 9 game conference schedules. So, if that’s the case, why do the Pac, BIG and B12 insist on making things harder on themselves. Go to 8 game schedules and add a November cupcake.

Back