What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

UCF players have been talking trash all week, which seems like a big mistake.

Auburn feels like a top 4 playoff team. I think it was best that UCF stayed humble and didn’t give them any motivation. Will also be interesting to see how they play with their staff managing two different teams this month.

USC killed itself. O state should stop gloating...committee was correct not to select them.

Other than them having probably the best OL in college football and pretty damn good DL, sure.

USC didnt kill itself. Meyer killed USC. He made sure Darnold had pressure on him every time.

Unfortunately, Alabama took UW behind the woodshed in the first CFP Semifinal game last year.

That game felt different than the one last night. USC looked lost for much of the night, Washington seemed better. I know the scores were the same, but two entirely different games IMO.

That game felt different than the one last night. USC looked lost for much of the night, Washington seemed better. I know the scores were the same, but two entirely different games IMO.
I thought SC looked solid on D last night, but OSU's DL and LBs were amazing.

Other than them having probably the best OL in college football and pretty damn good DL, sure.

USC didnt kill itself. Meyer killed USC. He made sure Darnold had pressure on him every time.

Fans love to talk QBs, WRs, RBs, DBs. Much more often than not the game is won or lost by the big guys who aren't supposed to touch the football.

In the Tax Slayer Bowl, Tom Hart (pxp guy) said after Lamar Jackson flipped the ball to the referee after ref blew the whistle... “if this were a Pac 12 crew, Lamar would’ve been ejected.”

Filed in funny because it’s true...

1-7

And we didn't even make a bowl.

Holy crap is that sad.
35a2787e-0580-46c3-a6bf-d90fe31ebc30_text_hi.gif

Huh, pretty ridiculous. Not really sure what that ref was attempting to do, maybe he went to get the ball? But the player clearly grabbed his arm and looks to push him away so he can’t say he didn’t do anything. Can’t touch the refs, it’s a penalty every time. An injection though? That’s absurd, ref got in his personal space.

Man they forced that RB to get an injection after his ejection? Brutal.

The takeaway thus far is the Big Ten is an incredibly deep conference. SEC still looks pretty weak.
It's a bit of cherry picking with the SEC results so far, three of their 7 win teams have played so far. Monday could be anywhere between 0-5 or 5-0 for them, although I'd be shocked it UCF beat Auburn.

It's a bit of cherry picking with the SEC results so far, three of their 7 win teams have played so far. Monday could be anywhere between 0-5 or 5-0 for them, although I'd be shocked it UCF beat Auburn.

I think it reinforces the idea of the SEC being really top heavy.

I think we can say Georgia, Bama, and Auburn are all very good teams. The drop off to the next tier of LSU and South Carolina (maybe Miss State?) is sizable though. The third tier of teams like A&M, Kentucky, and Missouri is the definition of mediocre. There were years where the SEC legitimately went 7-8 deep with Top 25-30 teams. Clearly not the case this season.

Back