What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

I’m fine with calling that an INT but it’s hilarious that he gets his tippy toe down for .01 seconds before his other foot steps OOB but then we have such silly catch rules everywhere else lol.

Washington about to get boat raced. Hilariously bad Pac-12 football season on all levels.

man, the PAC-12 sucks. PAC 12 offensive/defensive lines are getting demolished by both OSU/PSU. These teams have good players, how can the gap be this large?

McSorley slides and gets hit in the head by a defender helmet after he’s down... not a roughing call.
Browning is in the grasp as he throws and gets tackled on follow through... roughing call.

Uh oh, Washington is losing. Who in here is slitting their wrists?
Not sure what your agenda is with all the mocking. It’s not the end of the world, but as fans of a Pac 12 team, it’s embarrassing that most of our bowl teams got beat by 2 or even 3 scores, including one to a G5 program. Not only beat, but most are getting destroyed in the trenches, which makes it even worse. We’re part of the least competitive P5 conference, with a multitude of other issues that aren’t making things better anytime soon.

Washington probably was but they've had quite a few key injuries. That OL is a mess without Trey Adams.

Washington getting dominated in the trenches.

We are so far away from Top 15 type teams.
I agree. And I don’t get it. The talent is there.

It’s gotta be something like the culture surrounding football in the west, is all I can conclude. They just care more in the southern and eastern parts of the country. And it’s from pee-wee on up.

There’s little heart or drive. At the college level, the west has to start getting serious about its coaches if they want to keep up. Chip at UCLA might be a start but, we will have to see on that. Hell, he is from the west anyway.

I may be off base here but, there’s something systemically wrong here in the west when it comes to competing nationally, IMO.

Not sure what your agenda is with all the mocking. It’s not the end of the world, but as fans of a Pac 12 team, it’s embarrassing that most of our bowl teams got beat by 2 or even 3 scores, including one to a G5 program. Not only beat, but most are getting destroyed in the trenches, which makes it even worse. We’re part of the least competitive P5 conference, with a multitude of other issues that aren’t making things better anytime soon.

It more pisses me off CU seems content to wallow in mediocrity when upward mobility in this conference seems quite possible.

My agenda? I guess the nearsightedness of sports fans. But that's not all that hard to point out.

I agree. And I don’t get it. The talent is there.

It’s gotta be something like the culture surrounding football in the west, is all I can conclude. They just care more in the southern and eastern parts of the country. And it’s from pee-wee on up.

There’s little heart or drive. At the college level, the west has to start getting serious about its coaches if they want to keep up. Chip at UCLA might be a start but, we will have to see on that. Hell, he is from the west anyway.

I may be off base here but, there’s something systemically wrong here in the west when it comes to competing nationally, IMO.

Sure that is part of it. Need to commit a ****load of money to coaches and assistants.

CU just recruited a decidedly average at best class in the Pac-12 and some fans are giving that a B+ or better grade. Really?

It more pisses me off CU seems content to wallow in mediocrity when upward mobility in this conference seems quite possible.

And it's not like CU hasn't been willing to commit to football in the past going back to the mid-late 80's which wasn't an easy road since we had to catch up to Nebraska and OU who were both perennial national title contenders at the time until OU got hit with their probation in '89. This may be an over-simplification but the school seemed to get gun shy after the whole alleged scandal mess.

And it's not like CU hasn't been willing to commit to football in the past going back to the mid-late 80's which wasn't an easy road since we had to catch up to Nebraska and OU who were both perennial national title contenders at the time until OU got hit with their probation in '89. This may be an over-simplification but the school seemed to get gun shy after the whole alleged scandal mess.
I don’t see an issue with the administration right now. To me, it looks like MacIntyre has everything he could possibly want/need to succeed at a high level in a weak conference. His assistant coach hiring process and recruiting strategies seem to be holding them back, and that’s all self inflicted.

Sure that is part of it. Need to commit a ****load of money to coaches and assistants.

CU just recruited a decidedly average at best class in the Pac-12 and some fans are giving that a B+ or better grade. Really?
Yeah, I gave it a B on a stretch of hopefulness just because I’m a stupid fan and want to be optimistic. Just the way I roll.

However, I have to wonder, is California or Texas our real path to players who want to play the game and dominate?

There’s no debate about talent in California. But, you put the football heart up against a kid from Texas, Florida, Georgia.... ? Gut tells me California loses about 75% of the time. Too soft.

Washington getting dominated in the trenches.

We are so far away from Top 15 type teams.
Real treat watching some of these front fours and OLs of the elite teams. Big, fast, agile, fundamentally sound assignment football.

Back