What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019-20 Pac-12 MBB Thread

I’m thinking 23 or 24 wins to win regular season.
Split Oregon trip, sweep LA schools at home, split Bay Area trip, beat Utah
That puts us at 24-7 which I think is doable.

Crazy thing, there is some possibility that 11th place OSU has a chance at being 1st place at the end of the season. I am not sure how that would work out as it is <1% chance, but the fact there is a chance this late in the season is crazy.

Crazy thing, there is some possibility that 11th place OSU has a chance at being 1st place at the end of the season. I am not sure how that would work out as it is <1% chance, but the fact there is a chance this late in the season is crazy.
95% chance of getting that top 4 seed bye in the P12T. Nice.

Zona winning last night was huge. Now on track for 13-5. 4 games out of their last 6 at home. They are favored in all of them. Have to consider them the favorite right now.
I have considered them the favorite for a while. The fact that they're capable of giving games in the standings like that recent UCLA home game gives us a shot, though.

What's the tiebreaker for seeding purposes?

Seeding: The seedings and pairings shall be determined upon completion of regular season play. The won-lost percentage record of the teams in regular season Conference play will determine tournament seedings. The team with the best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #1, the next best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #2, and so forth through all the seeds.
Tie-Breakers: Tie-breaking procedures for determining all tournament seeding will be:
1. Two-team tie
a. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
b. Each team’s record (won-lost percentage) vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record (won-lost percentage) against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
c. Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents.
d. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

Zona winning last night was huge. Now on track for 13-5. 4 games out of their last 6 at home. They are favored in all of them. Have to consider them the favorite right now.

I guess. They are young and I would expect at least one instance of dick-stepping from them over the next few games, including in Vegas. I think if we go 4-1 to close out the regular season, we win it.

Seeding: The seedings and pairings shall be determined upon completion of regular season play. The won-lost percentage record of the teams in regular season Conference play will determine tournament seedings. The team with the best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #1, the next best won-lost percentage in Conference play will be seeded #2, and so forth through all the seeds.
Tie-Breakers: Tie-breaking procedures for determining all tournament seeding will be:
1. Two-team tie
a. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
b. Each team’s record (won-lost percentage) vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record (won-lost percentage) against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
c. Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents.
d. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.
Got to win outright unless ASU stays in the scenario.

The bracket posted earlier indicates we currently win the tiebreaker against Oregon.
After yesterday, we're alone on top of the standings so we'd get the #1. But CU, UO, UA and ASU are all tied in the loss column. It's just that we've got 9 wins vs, respectively, 8, 8 and 7 as of this morning. ASU plays at Cal and Oregon hosts Utah today.

After yesterday, we're alone on top of the standings so we'd get the #1. But CU, UO, UA and ASU are all tied in the loss column. It's just that we've got 9 wins vs, respectively, 8, 8 and 7 as of this morning. ASU plays at Cal and Oregon hosts Utah today.
Oregon traveling to Arizona next week will clarify some things.

Also, us taking care of business at home against the LA schools (both 1 game back in the loss column) would be a very nice touch.

Remy Martin just hero balled Cal. Gross offense that killed um. So ASU is holding steady as well. That Oregon trip to the desert is going to be wild.
Yep. ASU winning was better for CU in every way and I even tried watching. Couldn't bring myself to root for them, so I flipped to NC State/BC to watch BC soften up the bubble a bit more.

No one helps CU more on computer metrics and conference standings/tiebreakers than ASU. So they're allowed even if I can't quite bring myself to celebrate their successes.

Jerry Palm (best bracketologist in the biz, imo) is loving the Pac-12 tonight.

Oregon (4)
Colorado (5)
Arizona (6)
USC (7)
ASU (10)
Stanford (12)

I know it’s just guess work but I don’t love the idea of seeing WV or TT any where near this team.

We definitely have a great opportunity in front of us. None of those games should be too difficult but just feels like we are going to drop one of those last 3 road games. Prove us wrong boys!

Can someone tell me who to root for in this week's big games down in the Desert? I'm thinking Oregon needs to fall to ASU but then beat the Wildcats...

This is the most un-athletic Utah team I've seen since K's first couple years when he took over a dumpster fire.

This is the most un-athletic Utah team I've seen since K's first couple years when he took over a dumpster fire.
I'm excited that UCLA is shooting extremely well. I hope they have a great game tonight and close it out hot as hell. We need them overconfident coming in. Cronin scares the **** out of me going forward

I'm excited that UCLA is shooting extremely well. I hope they have a great game tonight and close it out hot as hell. We need them overconfident coming in. Cronin scares the **** out of me going forward
UCLA is going to be UCLA again. It's a good thing for the conference, but I think the title will start going through them again.

Back