What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019-20 Pac-12 MBB Thread

Yeah-but I think our game @Stanford's pretty big. The NET loves them, sure, but that game looks nowhere near as tough as @Oregon

I think we have to sweep one of the coming road series to have a chance to win the conference regular season. NorCal seems more likely, but you never know.

I think we have to sweep one of the coming road series to have a chance to win the conference regular season. NorCal seems more likely, but you never know.
If we get the home sweep this week, we'll either be tied (with tiebreaker in hand) or a game up on Oregon -- depending on how they do in their 1 game at OSU this week.

Let's just take care of business to set up that UO game with all the hype it deserves.

The LA schools play in AZ this week, so that should also have a significant impact on the standings.

Conventional wisdom would predict that this time next week we'll see CU & UO tied for 1st with UA alone in 3rd at a half game back.

I would say CU has to sweep at home and win 3 of 5 on the road. Neither is an easy task and I don't see it happening.

I think the conference finishes as follows:
Oregon 13-5 24-7
Arizona 13-5 23-8
Colorado 12-6 23-8
USC 11-7 22-9
ASU 11-7 20-11
Stanford 10-8 21-10

Top 3 are tournament teams. None of the others make it unless they win at least 2 in the PAC12 tournament.

I would say CU has to sweep at home and win 3 of 5 on the road. Neither is an easy task and I don't see it happening.

Oregon 13-5 24-7
Arizona 13-5 23-8
Colorado 12-6 23-8
USC 11-7 22-9
ASU 11-7 20-11
Stanford 10-8 21-10

Top 3 are tournament teams. None of the others make it unless they win at least 2 in the PAC12 tournament.
A 22 win USC and 20 win ASU make it unless they lose their first game of the Pac12 Tourney. I don't have data but 20+ wins in a major conference feels like a key separating point for bubble teams.

Oregon 13-5 24-7
Arizona 13-5 23-8
Colorado 12-6 23-8
USC 11-7 22-9
ASU 11-7 20-11
Stanford 10-8 21-10

The Pac will absolutely get 4 teams in and likely 5.

Tiebreaker #2 is head to head against the highest available conference opponent-Not sure how that works if Oregon played somebody once (USC) that we get twice or vice versa (Arizona). If Stanford or USC winds up third, that may help us a lot if we lose in Eugene.

The Pac will absolutely get 4 teams in and likely 5.
Based on overall records and NET, I’d be surprised if UA, CU, UO & Stan weren’t solidly in.

Then, we’ve got a handful of teams (USC, ASU, UW) that are right on the bubble and will play their ways in or out over the last half of the Pac-12 schedule. Even OSU & Utah still have realistic paths to the Dance without having to win the conference tourney.

Based on overall records and NET, I’d be surprised if UA, CU, UO & Stan weren’t solidly in.

Then, we’ve got a handful of teams (USC, ASU, UW) that are right on the bubble and will play their ways in or out over the last half of the Pac-12 schedule. Even OSU & Utah still have realistic paths to the Dance without having to win the conference tourney.

How is UW on the bubble?

How is UW on the bubble?
#53 NET

Beating Baylor to open the season certainly helps. Losing to Gonzaga probably helps more than it hurts, too (just like our Kansas game).

There's enough there that they could jump up quickly if they can get to 18ish wins.

#53 NET

Beating Baylor to open the season certainly helps. Losing to Gonzaga probably helps more than it hurts, too (just like our Kansas game).

There's enough there that they could jump up quickly if they can get to 18ish wins.

I don't know. 18 wins put them at 8-10 in conference. I don't see a team with that conference record making the dance. Plus they don't play us or Oregon again so not many chances for statement wins.

I don't know. 18 wins put them at 8-10 in conference. I don't see a team with that conference record making the dance. Plus they don't play us or Oregon again so not many chances for statement wins.
Math would be there for them and they have shown they're capable of beating anyone in the field. Plus, on the eyeball test they've got talent that better than just about anyone else who would be on the bubble. There are going to be a lot of flawed resumes and teams on selection Sunday. I mean, compare them to a Georgetown or Purdue. Those are going to be the types of teams that make up the last 8 selections to the field.

For everyone else Washington is 12th in conference by record and 6th in conference NET ratings right now. Truly an interesting resume.

Screenshot_20200203-214132.png

Did I hear correctly that Arizona just got the first road sweep of the season in Pac-12 play?

They're one of those teams that could win it all or get upset in the 1st round of the Dance. Three freshmen who will get drafted in the Top 20... but they're still freshmen.

I will say this, I think Zona got an absolutely perfect Pac-12 draw this year. They got the Washington schools on their road swing, which is ideal, cuz with Washington down, that’s by far the most sweepable roadtrip. And then they got us and Utah on their home swing; which is really ideal, as even though Utah is no bueno, it’s still tough at altitude for any team. Plus, to get one of the top teams (Mighty Buffs) only at home, is of course ideal.

Overall, I’m bummed we don’t get the Washington road trip this year.

I will say this, I think Zona got an absolutely perfect Pac-12 draw this year. They got the Washington schools on their road swing, which is ideal, cuz with Washington down, that’s by far the most sweepable roadtrip. And then they got us and Utah on their home swing; which is really ideal, as even though Utah is no bueno, it’s still tough at altitude for any team. Plus, to get one of the top teams (Mighty Buffs) only at home, is of course ideal.

That’s never been a great trip for us.

Despite my hate of all things Duck related, the women dismantling UConn in UConn’s house is impressive

Speak for yourself-any season where we don't have to make that trip is a good one.

Speak for yourself-any season where we don't have to make that trip is a good one.

✊ Never Forget. Mayor Down. 1/24/2014

But all hijinks aside, I would take every advantage we can get on the quest for a Pac-12 title. A sweepable road trip to Washington would have been great, why let Zona have all the fun?

In other news, it’s pretty hilarious that Wazou has been the toughest leg of that road trip this year.

USC made it close and hung in better than I thought they would at Arizona. Zona now a half game back of 1st with the tiebreaker over us.

Stanford and Utah just went to OT. This is very good for us. Stanford's going to be short-handed for us already. Wills looked like he sprained his ankle pretty badly.

And Stanford's legs looked dead in the OT.
Wish all this happened but that Stanford snaked a win. Which I can assure you is what USC was thinking watching the UCLA game that we lost. Soon as that UCLA game ended SC knew they were getting the full wrath of the Basket Buffs. And then we stomped them. Glad Ferd got wore ouu but I expect some rabid desperation type energy from the generally stoic trees as they looks to achieve a sweep they desperately need. Got to be the better team and use the crowd on Saturday! Pack the Keg!!

What a crazy day. Chards tried to replicate our cal game. Mannion and green had awful shooting nights

Next game is pretty big. I am probably going to vomit watching that heinous court graphic for an entire game.

Right? I hate watching Oregon home games to the point where I rarely can watch the whole thing. It's not much better than Boise's blue football field, to me.

Back