What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Cincinnati’s updated candidate list (12/1)​

Jason Candle, Toledo HC
Sean Lewis, Kent State HC
Mo Linguist, Buffalo HC
Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin defensive coordinator
Brian Hartline, Ohio State wide receivers coach/passing game coordinator
Alex Golesh, Tennessee offensive coordinator
Al Golden, Notre Dame defensive coordinator
Kerry Coombs, Cincinnati special teams coordinator/cornerbacks coach
Gino Guidugli, Cincinnati offensive coordinator

One name not on that list
College Football GIF by Aflac Duck

And while on USF

Tom Allen is the name now being linked to USF via Tampa Bay Times USF reporter

His Indiana buyout was reduced by 50% as of today and is on the "hot seat" at IU with another losing season in 2023 and he is toast

Is he slimey enough for that job. Have never heard anything about him hiring hookers, banging donors wives, misuse of school funds/credit cards, falsifying academic records, etc.

I know that Liberty has deep pockets but he has done well at Coastal, I would think with a little patience he could do better.

You can tell he is still a complete smartass at heart, but he is definitely more mature as well.

His career trajectory has been wild.
I have always believed he was done wrong at USC. They got screwed on that NCAA penalty, Lane kept them above water while recruiting great and creatively (1st time I'd heard of a "Green Shirt"). USC arrogance deluded them into thinking they were bulletproof and the NCAA penalties didn't matter. Lane was still a petulant manchild who couldn't handle criticism. If they'd realized the truth of what they had & the situation, they would have only been mediocre for a blip.

Last edited:
I have always believed he was done wrong at USC. They got screwed on that NCAA penalty, Lane kept them above water while recruiting great and creatively (1st time I'd heard of a "Green Shirt"). USC arrogance deluded them into thinking they were bulletproof and the NCAA penalties didn't matter. Lane was still a petulant manchild who couldn't handle criticism. If they'd realized the truth of what they had & the situation, they would have only mediocre for a blip.
The tarmac firing was some petty bull****. Pad Haden was an atrocious AD.

I have always believed he was done wrong at USC. They got screwed on that NCAA penalty, Lane kept them above water while recruiting great and creatively (1st time I'd heard of a "Green Shirt"). USC arrogance deluded them into thinking they were bulletproof and the NCAA penalties didn't matter. Lane was still a petulant manchild who couldn't handle criticism. If they'd realized the truth of what they had & the situation, they would have only mediocre for a blip.

He was done wrong with the tarmac firing, BUT he really created a lot of chaos with three different HC jobs in four years. That type of job hopping rarely works out.

He's making $1.5M in a job & place he loves. Why take a pay cut and move your family somewhere you wouldn't like as much?
Because he’s one of the top DCs in the country would probably warrant the same $$ at a bigger program and advance his career. Of course this all assumes he wants to be a HC at a program not named Wisconsin.

Same kind of thing people have discussed about Walters needing to go to a blue blood before programs being comfortable with him as HC

Back