What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

jeff brohm to ville
Have fun Purdue, it always sucks to be the school at the end of the domino when the carousel stops spinning. Not nearly as bas a February but this screws you a bit for the portal signings and the early signing period. If their AD isn't an idiot he better have been exploring the market since the Brohm rumors started.

Have fun Purdue, it always sucks to be the school at the end of the domino when the carousel stops spinning. Not nearly as bas a February but this screws you a bit for the portal signings and the early signing period. If their AD isn't an idiot he better have been exploring the market since the Brohm rumors started.
Purdue has B1G money. They will be able to go and poach somebody up and coming or a solid coordinator.

Prime to Purdue?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Garrett is an Ivy League graduate who has a decade as an NFL HC. That sounds like a Stanford hire.
The last two to three years have seen a serious upgrade in coaching talent across the board in the P12 at almost every school. Curious to see how Dillingham works out at ASU since he looks like the weakest link so far, at least until he coaches a few games.

Nobody is doing good at the tree, they are heading down the 1-11 Northwestern route, strict academic schools can't compete in this new environment

Nobody is doing good at the tree, they are heading down the 1-11 Northwestern route, strict academic schools can't compete in this new environment

I'm generally in this camp, I think the free rein of transfers is extremely hard on Stanford, at least in the medium short term.

That said, I remember in 2006 when there were serious discussions at LSJU that they simply couldn't compete in football any more, after losing to UC Davis the year prior, going 1-11 and firing Walt Harris.... then they hired Harbaugh (who is way more Stanford-ish than Taylor, IMO).

So they have been written off before. My wife's grandfather, who played there, has told me they had similar discussions right before Ralston arrived, they were likewise terrible. Ralston, like Taylor, had gone to Cal.

Ultimately, Stanford seems to try to excel in everything they do and if they keep trying to play football at a high level, I think they will sort things out and get competitive. But it won't be easy.

Honest question - why do you think that?

My wife went to Stanford and both parents went to CSUS... there's hardly two schools more different in my opinion... I do like Taylor. But I would be leery.
I know some highly respected FB people that have gotten to know him since before he was at Sac St., and they spoke extremely high of him when he was being considered for the CU job (this was before any bigger names were on the list). I very much trust their opinion. Staying out of a lot of the nuance that they referenced, they point to the fact that he is a relentless recruiter, and has a great relationship with HS coaches across the state. They say the dude is just a flat out winner, period, and will do well with whatever opportunity he gets next. He has accomplished things at Sac St. that the school never saw coming, especially the back to back league championships for the first time in their history. It would be a BIG jump, for sure... But I think he has the attributes to be successful there more-so then JG from what I've heard..

The change that killed them was the early signing period in December. They don't confirm a scholarship offer until after transcripts are in for a 1st semester senior year academic review.

I know some highly respected FB people that have gotten to know him since before he was at Sac St., and they spoke extremely high of him when he was being considered for the CU job (this was before any bigger names were on the list). I very much trust their opinion. Staying out of a lot of the nuance that they referenced, they point to the fact that he is a relentless recruiter, and has a great relationship with HS coaches across the state. They say the dude is just a flat out winner, period, and will do well with whatever opportunity he gets next. He has accomplished things at Sac St. that the school never saw coming, especially the back to back league championships for the first time in their history. It would be a BIG jump, for sure... But I think he has the attributes to be successful there more-so then JG from what I've heard..

Thanks for taking the time to write that - I really like Taylor. They've actually won it three times in a row now, and now they've won a playoff game which has never happened. I don't even think they had done so while DII.

I think part of my hesitancy is that my dad and grandpa before him have had Sac State tickets since the '70s and I think when he goes, the mediocrity or worse will return. He's a local guy and there's no replacing him, I don't think.

A quick scan of Sac State's roster shows very few non-transfer folks from out of California. Stanford's recruiting is just a different beast. If he's gonna leave, I hope its for Stanford, and if he stays, I'll be very happy. I really have no idea who Stanford should hire.

Virtually impossible for them to bring in transfers due to their academic standards while losing a dozen plus transferring out each year

Left with too young a team with no depth/experience at Jnr/Snr level

Back