What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

??? They can easily compete if they want to. There’s no doubt that they could spend as much as they want on the football program and NIL.
They are definitely not set up to compete in a transfer world and their AD or Pres (can’t remember which one) said they won’t be going big in the NIL space

Virtually impossible for them to bring in transfers due to their academic standards while losing a dozen plus transferring out each year

Left with too young a team with no depth/experience at Jnr/Snr level
When Harbaugh turned the program around, it was preceded by a significant adjustment to their admissions standards for athletes, much like what just happened at CU

Thanks for taking the time to write that - I really like Taylor. They've actually won it three times in a row now, and now they've won a playoff game which has never happened. I don't even think they had done so while DII.

I think part of my hesitancy is that my dad and grandpa before him have had Sac State tickets since the '70s and I think when he goes, the mediocrity or worse will return. He's a local guy and there's no replacing him, I don't think.

A quick scan of Sac State's roster shows very few non-transfer folks from out of California. Stanford's recruiting is just a different beast. If he's gonna leave, I hope its for Stanford, and if he stays, I'll be very happy. I really have no idea who Stanford should hire.
Frankly, he'd be a much better fit at Cal than Stanford.

When Cal's humming, it's been when they have dominated Oakland & other NoCal area recruiting. That's his strength.

When Stanford's humming, they recruit nationally and is the offer everyone fears going out to that blue chip in their backyard who has a 4.0 GPA.

The I have been asleep at the switch, thinking did that just really happen update.

Open Jobs:

University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes: It's PrimeTime, enough said.

PAC 12-

ASU-
Our friends in Tempe have tossed Herm aside. (h/t Jens) It's Dillingham (h/t serenity)

Stanford-
Surprisingly Shaw steps down. He had a lot of success there. (h/t serenity). A combo list of names comes from (h/t nik and sinkratz) Petersen, O'Brien, Bronco, Clawson, Aranda, Chryst, Mason, Troy Taylor, et al. your guess is as good as mine. UPDATE- Jason Garrett (h/t yak), Troy Taylor (h/t Sheldon are names, but no so fast, just above, Jason Garret says peace, out (h/t ZKobalt)

B1G-

kNU-
The big one. Our favorite corn cob, Scott Frost, had his job drug out the door and down the stairs like Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend. (h/t Jens) Mickey Joseph is interim (h/t White Rabbit). Matt Rhule (h/t slider, Serenity and Carolina Buff in no particular order) UPDATE- 5.5 MM to 12.5 MM/yr over 8 years (h/t nik)

Wiscy-
Paul Chryst out (h/t Jens) Jim Leonhard interim. Luke Fickell gets the gig (h/t patebuff) UPDATE- 7.9 MM/yr.

CUSA-

UAB-
Bill Clark out. UPDATE- Trent Dilfer? (h/t Yak)

ACC-

GT-
Geoff Collins is out (h/t nik and SewallBeach). UPDATE- After a whirlwind courtship of Willie Fita, Interim Brent Key gets the full time HC label. (h/t Serenity)

SEC-

Auburn-
Harsin is out. (h/t Yak), so are Kiesau and the OL coach former Buff Brad Bedell (h/t slider). Freeze and/or Kiffin, or could be Kiffin and/or Freeze (h/t Carolina and Sewall), but (h/t Jeric) says Freeze. UPDATE- It's Freeze, in an embarrassing, we don't need no stinkin' morals sort of way. (h/t Yak).

Ole Miss-
Kiffin gets huge extension, mixed rumors on whether he signs, or goes to Auburn (h/t Sewall)

Other Conferences I don't care to Discriminate Between-

Charlotte-
Will Healy is out (h/t DeNiro) Michigan's Bill Poggi is in (h/t nik)

USF-
Jeff Scott is out (h/t Sewall) Former CU AC Dan DePrato the interim (h/t nik) UPDATE- UT OC Alex Golesh is in (h/t Spiff)

Tejas St.-
Spavital out (h/t nik) UPDATE- GJ Kinne is the new HC, whoever that is (h/t Yak)

FAU-
Taggart out (h/t serenity) UPDATE- Tom Herman finds a home (h/t Serenity)

UNT- Littrell out (h/t CUAviator)

UNLV- Arroyo out (h/t Serenity) Rolls the dice on Barry Odom, fmr. Mizzou HC and Arky DC (h/t BuffBronco)

WMU- Tim Lester out. (h/t nik)

Tulsa- Time runs out on Phillip Montgomery (h/t nik)

Secondary Market-

Liberty- Looking for Mr. Goodbar, I mean, Hugh Freeze replacement, possibly Jamey Chadwell (h/t BuffBronco)

Cincy
- Fickell to Madison. UPDATE- Soctt Satterfield leaves Louisville to take the HC job at Cincy (h/t cmgoods)

Louisville- Brohm attempts to prove Thomas Wolfe wrong, returning home to coach at the Ville.

Purdue- Brohm leaves West Lafayette, job open.

Possibles-

aTm-
Jimbo Fisher looks good beating an SEC in the conference finale (h/t CU Aviator)

West Va- UPDATE- Neal Brown safe. (h/t Serenity)

Other news-

Cal-
Wilcox sacrifices a couple of AC's Musgrave, the OC and the hilariously named OL coach, Angus McClure.

UW- De Boer extended (h/t Sinkratz)

KU- Leipold extended (h/t Yak)

UNC-
Mustard Mac out.

Stay tuned.

If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice
jack thoughts GIF

Troy Taylor is a homerun hire for Stanford in todays college football. They need a coach that can just flat out coach other teams because with limited NIL and limited transfers, that is almost the only way they can compete. I am not sure an elite recruiter works well at Stanford.

One thing I've been wondering. Did some booster decide to give CU full use of a PJ every time Prime needs it? Usually we've had the PJ for the initial coach pickup but that's about it. Watching all these videos his son posts on youtube, seems like they are taking one everywhere.

One thing I've been wondering. Did some booster decide to give CU full use of a PJ every time Prime needs it? Usually we've had the PJ for the initial coach pickup but that's about it. Watching all these videos his son posts on youtube, seems like they are taking one everywhere.
Either that or CU decided to get him a NetJets account.

Either that or CU decided to get him a NetJets account.
It isn't NetJets or any other fractional operator based on the registrations of the airplanes. They are either using individual charters or donor/corporate sponsor aircraft.

The cost of the airplane use is pretty small compared to his time value, especially when you yote around an entourage.

Back