What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when someone enters the portal, does that automatically open up a scholarship or does the player have to commit somewhere else first before the spot opens up?
iirc, entering the portal voids the scholarship agreement with the current school. Player becomes a free agent upon doing so. Current school could still sign him back, but can also immediately move in a different direction.

kD rarely plays a freshman QB. I think McCown may need a redshirt year.
What history or statements are you basing this on?

In general, yeah, the freshman QB is less likely to win the job everywhere. What makes you think KD is different?

Which one can throw best running for their life because that’s a lot of what they’ll be doing.
My thoughts always go back to that Pats-Giants Super Bowl when the NYG played a DL of 4 DEs, the Pats OL couldn't block it, and Brady looked like ass because he couldn't set his feet or step into a throw. No QB is good if the OL is regularly allowing that.

No one, except you went there. No one. There is no one who would challenge what you are saying, but only YOU went there.
Another hilarious reply. Maybe I went there because, as a black person, I notice when other black people get targeted by racist shyt.

BTW, I think it’s odd that neither of your replies ever denies the possibility or probability that the athletes who left Colorado have received racist messages from butthurt fans. It’s just about me.

My thoughts always go back to that Pats-Giants Super Bowl when the NYG played a DL of 4 DEs, the Pats OL couldn't block it, and Brady looked like ass because he couldn't set his feet or step into a throw. No QB is good if the OL is regularly allowing that.
Exactly. A million times this.

Dude, you need a redshirt year. All this is moving too fast for you and I think a year in the system where you sit quietly and watch and learn would do you some good.
On that old school approach, Joe Paterno was a great example on usage of freshmen. He'd always had a policy of "better to put a guy on the field 2 weeks too late than 1 play too early." It worked great for decades. Then, it started killing recruiting and he had to change by giving his talented true freshmen snaps over trusted vets. Him adapting on this was what got PSU back to being a top program (prior to the Sandusky mess).

A lot of this is a culture shift within our society that started with the Boomers.

Well-described in "Father & Son" by Cat Stevens - "From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen."

Progressively different attitude every generation. As an Xer, I thought I was open-minded and disrespectful of authority, but I'm continually surprised and put off by how people who are totally green and in entry level positions believe their opinion should be heard and given equal weight. They don't seem to get the concept of paying dues, earning a title, and then being in a position to drive decisions & culture.

A lot of this is a culture shift within our society that started with the Boomers.

Well-described in "Father & Son" by Cat Stevens - "From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen."

Progressively different attitude every generation. As an Xer, I thought I was open-minded and disrespectful of authority, but I'm continually surprised and put off by how people who are totally green and in entry level positions believe their opinion should be heard and given equal weight. They don't seem to get the concept of paying dues, earning a title, and then being in a position to drive decisions & culture.
I worked with and mentored a lot of younger Millennial engineers, and I was always surprised when this popped up. Their first months on the job and they were complaining they weren't working on the tougher, more glamorous projects. The concept that they had to prove themselves on $500,000 shallow wells in Kansas before they were given a $100,000,000 deepwater Gulf of Mexico well was just foreign to them. To be fair this wasn't all of them. Maybe 40-50% of them fit this trend. In hindsight, there seemed to be a strong, negative correlation between entitlement and engineer quality.

Everybody, get off nik's lawn.

If they’re good enough to hire, shouldn’t their opinion be worth listening to on decisions and culture?

iirc, entering the portal voids the scholarship agreement with the current school. Player becomes a free agent upon doing so. Current school could still sign him back, but can also immediately move in a different direction.
Thanks, wasn't sure about that.
Assuming that Howell knows this, how in the hell were we that far over the scholarship limit this year with us having over 20 in the portal and now are only 3 under the limit?
(I guess only 1 now with the Main and Oliver commits)

Thanks, wasn't sure about that.
Assuming that Howell knows this, how in the hell were we that far over the scholarship limit this year with us having over 20 in the portal and now are only 3 under the limit?
(I guess only 1 now with the Main and Oliver commits)
I think with the Covid+1 eligibility and guys having 6 years on the clock, it was tough to fit all those classes within the 85 limit. Particularly since CU chose to sign a large class instead of going with a focused class which left more room for portal additions.

Brenden Rice still hasn't committed to USC. And USC just added Mario Williamos. The door is still open to come back. He can still withdraw his name from the portal.

Sneed is a great pick up. Not sure why we are using spots for 22 on HS players (C and CB). We still need a portal S, G, 2 T and a RB. Would love to have all those guys in for spring but not sure how that’s gonna happen with numbers and classes.

Sneed is a great pick up. Not sure why we are using spots for 22 on HS players (C and CB). We still need a portal S, G, 2 T and a RB. Would love to have all those guys in for spring but not sure how that’s gonna happen with numbers and classes.
It's simple, we need guys who probably won't contribute like Carter to be encouraged to move on as we have a replacement lined up.

It's simple, we need guys who probably won't contribute like Carter to be encouraged to move on as we have a replacement lined up.
Asking a project freshman QB to transfer after 1 season seems bizarre. If you are recruiting a kid to develop and then give up after a season. Yikes…not a good look.

Asking a project freshman QB to transfer after 1 season seems bizarre. If you are recruiting a kid to develop and then give up after a season. Yikes…not a good look.
Not a good look for Carter. The staff burned his red shirt on purpose. If honest conversations are being had, he should know where he stands. Players have to leave from somewhere for more transfers, who would you like to see move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back