What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA MARCH MADNESS GAMES THREAD

Guys, we’re overlooking something important here:

This result made Nebraskans sad.

Who gives a **** about anything else?
Think it was @Buffnik who posted who he wanted to advance. Thought about it for a bit wondering why he didn't want Creighton to win. Then it hit me it was in ****ing Nebraska. :D

How much time was on the clock when the ball hit the ground?
.3. When they went back to see when the clock started from the 1.02 mark, they said the clock started .3 or more late, so the .3 at the end was cancelled out. That's what I heard/saw.

Watch the courtside replay of the call. The referee who made the call had a straight shot view of the play.
And they had their "NY Expert" official review the call - he said it was a clear foul. How much do you have to push the hip in the act of shooting, to cause an effect?
I thought it was a clear foul. And not much protest from the Crieghton coach

And they had their "NY Expert" official review the call - he said it was a clear foul. How much do you have to push the hip in the act of shooting, to cause an effect?
I thought it was a clear foul. And not much protest from the Crieghton coach
That type of contact was let go throughout that game. It was VERY physical. That's why we have pregame meetings. When you think you might have that, you have to pregame how you're going to handle it. Pretty clear watching it that they didn't.

That type of contact was let go throughout that game. It was VERY physical. That's why we have pregame meetings. When you think you might have that, you have to pregame how you're going to handle it. Pretty clear watching it that they didn't.
I didn't pay attention to that type contact during the game, so I won't argue with you.

Based on a 1969 stopwatch :ROFLMAO:
Watching when they replayed that, I thought the clock was started a few 10ths late. I started CU in 1966 and can't understand what could be wrong with a 1969 stopwatch. (In HS track, we had to help out too - I remember being taught to start the watch when you saw the smoke, not when you heard the pistol.)

He altered his shot. He pushed hard enough that the shooter was disrupted in the air. It's not like he grazed him. You can see the pressure and the indentation on the jersey as he pushes. Was it a blatant foul? No. Was it a foul at any point in a game? Yes. Plus, the referee had a straight shot view of it.

Listen, I had absolutely zero dog in that fight plus I probably hate referees as much as anyone on this board. That said, it was foul - no question.

I'd rather see a game under-called than over-called and I didn't initially like the call but after seeing this angle it is hard to argue that it wasn't a foul. Having said all that, I still would have been good with a no-call there.

It was a close call with the score tied and the clock running out. No matter how it was called there would have been people complaining and blaming the officials.

I'm not a SDSU fan. I would have preferred Creighton to win but they didn't. SDSU didn't win and Creighton didn't lose because of the officials. That possession took roughly 13 seconds IIRC. This means that both teams had 39 minutes and 47 seconds of game time to make sure that the game didn't come down to a refs call.

It was a foul and could have been called or could have been ignored. Don't leave yourself in that position.

will smith miami GIF by Romy

And Texas doing the Texas fade again. Typical Texas be it football or basketball, plenty of talent but can't close the big ones.

Jim Larranaga, congrats on becoming a hall of famer. 17 years to the day of the George Mason regional final win.

I didn't realize he was the coach of the that George Mason team that made the final 4 until they mentioned it with a few minutes to play

And Texas doing the Texas fade again. Typical Texas be it football or basketball, plenty of talent but can't close the big ones.
When they had that drought for about 4 and a half minutes or whatever it was, they were in trouble.

Miami went 28-32 from the ft line, 87.5%. I think they hit 15 in a row at one point.
That Miller dude from Miami didn't miss a damn shot, pretty sure it was him anyway. 7-7 from the floor and 13-13 from the line, damn. I remember some dude from Duke doing that once, Christian somebody, lol. Doesn't happen often.

I'd rather see a game under-called than over-called and I didn't initially like the call but after seeing this angle it is hard to argue that it wasn't a foul. Having said all that, I still would have been good with a no-call there.

True, but if its not a foul for the first 39:58 of the game it can't be one that late. I'm also making a call that late only if I have a very clear look at a play. If I'm in Cassell's shoes, I'm not calling that. It is what it is......but I'd be floored if Michael Irving (who is awful), Joe Lindsay, and Lee Cassell advance to next week.

I generally like chaos in the tournament, but only knowing the names of 6 players in the Final 4 doesn't feel that good.

Back