What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA Tourn. Thread-6 seed//20 ranked WOMEN'S Bball (Sweet 16 game in Seattle vs. 2 seed/ 3 ranked Iowa; Friday, Mar. 24th, 5:30 PM MT; ESPN)

I'm really proud of this team. Iowa can win the whole thing this year. JR is an absolute gem; we are fortunate to have such an authentic, positive, supportive, and caring coach leading this program. CU women's hoops has a bright future with her here. Hopefully we can get some asses in the stands next season for these amazing athletes! Go Buffs, we are proud of you!!

Refs gotta warn or technical those whiners

Even my Iowa fan dad admitted that when Jaylyn got ran over, the ref called the obvious foul on Iowa, and Clark yelled 'What?' in the ref's face, it should have been a technical.

I don't how good they are, or how valuable they are to their team, or what the game situation is, that's stuff that can't be tolerated.

Very proud of what this team accomplished this season. We might have beaten Iowa if it had not been 8 against 5.

JR Payne and her staff have brought this team from the bottom to a team that made it to the Sweet Sixteen. No, it wasn't easy and she brought in some kids who didn't work out. She quickly figured out the Juco route was not working. After this season, we might be able to get higher caliber transfers and recruits because Colorado women's basketball is for real!!!!

I do hope Sherrod and Miller return. This loss may make them feel they have unfinished business and they do. I also want each of them to make the right decision for them and what they want to do with their lives.

If I was a parent, I can't think of a better staff where I would want to send my daughter. You can see the love and respect between players and coaches.

Former DOBO and now police officer Jill Mahoney was going nuts on twitter last night about playing 8 on 5.

It's also time for Rick George to pay JR Payne what she is worth. She should not be one of the lowest paid coaches in the Pac.

That one 3 Clark hit was a ridiculous dagger. Props to her.

I hadn't watched much women's basketball in the past but watching the buff's run was pretty eye-opening. It was a fun form of the game to watch with lots of movement, good passing, and much much better shooting than I expected.

I'm really proud of this team. Iowa can win the whole thing this year. JR is an absolute gem; we are fortunate to have such an authentic, positive, supportive, and caring coach leading this program. CU women's hoops has a bright future with her here. Hopefully we can get some asses in the stands next season for these amazing athletes! Go Buffs, we are proud of you!!
Very well said and they deserve the support, earned it.(y)

I think not only Brian Howell enjoyed this season and he got to travel with the Buffs on this run, but Cory Lopes and Carol Callan enjoyed the season.

I really love what Carol Callan adds to the color analysis. With all of her years with USA basketball, she is not afraid to call it as she sees it. She criticizes officials and coaches and sometimes players.

At one time in the 4th quarter last night, she said we didn't have any scorers on the floor and she was right.

All three Pac 12 schools have now been eliminated at the Sweet 16 round.

Personally, if it comes down to it, I don't see Iowa being able to beat South Carolina.

Great year and a hard fought game against a great Iowa team. Congratulations to the team. Looking forward to next year.

All three Pac 12 schools have now been eliminated at the Sweet 16 round.

Personally, if it comes down to it, I don't see Iowa being able to beat South Carolina.

South Carolina is stout, but I'm not so sure. As much a PITA as Clark is personally, she's on another planet as a basketball player. It will be a great game and I'll be pulling for the Hawkeyes all the way, partly because I'm hoping against another Eastern Time Zone dynasty ala UConn. Not the biggest fan of Dawn Staley.

BTW, no hate on UConn/Geno. I'd just like to see things get spread out somewhat geographically. Starting in Boulder, Colorado.

South Carolina is stout, but I'm not so sure. As much a PITA as Clark is personally, she's on another planet as a basketball player. It will be a great game and I'll be pulling for the Hawkeyes all the way, partly because I'm hoping against another Eastern Time Zone dynasty ala UConn. Not the biggest fan of Dawn Staley.
Clark was terrible in this game :rolleyes:, just a 40 point triple double, that's all.

Some crazy stat I saw about Clark last night. It was along the lines of any three she shot from 25 feet for the year I guess, she was hitting them at damn near 59%. That's insane.

She shoots from the logo many times a game. That's why you have to pick her up in the back court to guard her. As soon as she is in the front court, she is a threat from anywhere on the court.

What a great season for the Buffs! Honestly, I didn't think this team would have the success it did - third in a very tough conference and winning their way to the Sweet 16. Without Maya Hollingshed and not having a lot of faith in the freshmen class I thought an 8th place finish as predicted prior to the season seemed possible.

As for the Iowa game, there were a couple of factors that hurt the Buffs. One was the foul trouble to Sherrod, Formann, Vonleh and Jones all of whom were starters. Combined with the foul issues, Quay Miller again struggled with her shot in particular from the perimeter. So with Formann in foul trouble and Miller struggling to make baskets the Buffs were lacking fire power from the perimeter. Additionally, free throw shooting wasn't exactly good. It was at the free throw line where the real difference in the score becomes Iowa made more of them (19) than CU shot (12) and CU only made 5. All this added up to make it really hard to keep up with Hawkeyes offensively.

Interestingly, CU put up 21 more shots than Iowa, but only made one more field goal. CU shot 41% from the field while Iowa was at 55%.

Formann scored most of her points early in the game. By the end of the second period she was struggling to get shots as Iowa figured out how to contain her and of course she was in foul trouble as well.

CU did a heck of a job getting the deficit down to 4 points with 1:49 left in the fourth. But then things went south from there.

VT went on a run to close the half and take the lead. After VT went to a zone LSU didn't score for ~the last 4 minutes of the half. Alot of LSU fans in Dallas

Mulkey isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but she’s had huge success wherever she’s been. How in the world was a Kim Mulkey team from the SEC with a 29-2 record seeded as a 3?

Back