What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CFB Predictions/Gambling Thread

Lot of threads to roast each other in. Unless it’s a bad beat there is NO reason to do that here.

Losing one’s money is bad enough, no need for salt in the wounds.

Not a lot of lines I'm liking for Week 2. Tenn under -7 would be tempting but it's 7.5 at the moment.

Duke +3 at NW is intriguing but I don't know enough about either team. Thought Duke QB Murphy could take that game over.

Texas at -5 seems solid, but it's already jumped up to 6.5 now. I just can't see the Michigan offense keeping momentum. Not sold on either of their QBs.

Iowa -2 also is tempting, but one week of their new offense isn't enough to give me confidence. The over is 35 on that game, and for years it's always gone under. Thinking this could be the year for a 21-17 type game.

Don't have a pick but UTSA-Texas State should be a fun shootout.

Kansas -5.5 (@ Illinois) and Air Force -6.5 (vs. SJSU) are two others ill keep an eye on.

I'll probably make some small bets for entertainment value only, but right now only Texas is one I have any confidence in (so take Michigan ML 😅)

Took Castellanos over 160 passing yards to add some intrigue to the game. BC play calling has been good so far.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for those of us who are heading to Lincoln.....but online betting is not legal in that dump.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for those of us who are heading to Lincoln.....but online betting is not legal in that dump.
Could you imagine how broke that state would be if sports gambling was legal? The mouth breathers would be laying all the points every week with the corn and not be able to figure out why their accounts keep going down to zero.

Could you imagine how broke that state would be if sports gambling was legal? The mouth breathers would be laying all the points every week with the corn and not be able to figure out why their accounts keep going down to zero.
When online sports gambling becomes legal in Nebraska, you bet your ass I'm buying DraftKings stock.

Anyone have initial thoughts on the Week 2 lines? I'm intrigued with Kansas, Duke, Tennessee and Air Force, but don't have any strong leans like I did Week 1.

Anyone have initial thoughts on the Week 2 lines? I'm intrigued with Kansas, Duke, Tennessee and Air Force, but don't have any strong leans like I did Week 1.
CU +7.5
Oklahoma -29.5

Not sure what else. I'll look at the spreads on the car on the way to Nubland.

Listed in order of how much confidence I have.

Utah -15 vs Baylor
Tennessee -10 vs NC State
Colorado +7.5 vs Nubs
Mississippi State +5.5 vs ASU
Ole Miss -43 vs Middle Tennessee
Penn St. -35 vs Bowling Green
Louisville -28.5 vs Jacksonville State
Air Force -5 vs San Jose State
USC -28.5 vs Utah State

Listed in order of how much confidence I have.

Utah -15 vs Baylor
Tennessee -10 vs NC State
Colorado +7.5 vs Nubs
Mississippi State +5.5 vs ASU
Ole Miss -43 vs Middle Tennessee
Penn St. -35 vs Bowling Green
Louisville -28.5 vs Jacksonville State
Air Force -5 vs San Jose State
USC -28.5 vs Utah State
AFA wasn't great against Merrimack offensively and they've got a ton of new pieces.

Good luck.

My play tonight. Parlay: Indiana -37.5, Duke +7.5, SMU/BYU Under 65.5. Wheeeee!!!

Ended up with these for week two:
Iowa -2.5
Michigan -7
Teaser: Duke +8, KSU -2.5
Teaser: Texas -1, Tenn -3
Teaser: Texas -1, Tenn -3, Auburn -6, Utah -8.5
😅

Probably some more small plays to keep things interesting tomorrow

My play tonight. Parlay: Indiana -37.5, Duke +7.5, SMU/BYU Under 65.5. Wheeeee!!!
Big win last night allows me to have some fun today and tomorrow and still leave the weekend up. So...
Parlay: UM +14.5, Okie St -2.5, Rutgers -13.5
Parlay: Utah -6.5, Auburn -2.5, UNC -12.5, Rutgers -13.5

Go Scarlet Knights, I guess?

Back