What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Glass is half full approach that the Defense is dominating. It can also be a sign that Shurmur is a bust and the offense will struggle with his scheme and play calling.
Keep It Real No Way GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

If it makes you feel better, what I'm seeing doesn't look like a "Shurmur offense."

I'd be concerned if the offense was ahead of the defense. Repetition of plays/ play trees to get offensive timing and execution down always means the defense pretty much knows what is coming. So defenders get to cheat a bit.

I'd be concerned if the offense was ahead of the defense. Repetition of plays/ play trees to get offensive timing and execution down always means the defense pretty much knows what is coming. So defenders get to cheat a bit.
Except when Travis is playing offense, he's telling the rest of the squad what defensive calls are coming in from the sideline :LOL:

Probably vice versa, too, when playing defense.

Last edited:
Fun fact and opinion. Fact: The top 4 Colorado receivers (Wester, Sheppard, Hunter, Horn), are collectively top 5 in the nation for receiving yards production returning from 2023. Opinion: Just by looking at them, the OL and DL folks absolutely pass the "getting off the bus" test regarding size.

There is a quiet confidence that this defense is going to be legit, the pass rushers and DL in particular
I'm feeling pretty confident that the secondary and edge will be pretty dominate this season. That middle of the defense is a concern. The best we can hope for at ILB is average to slightly below average. There seems to be enough depth at interior dline that they can rotate bodies in to plug the interior better than last year.

If they could get a slightly above average ILB and interior dline, this would be a top 3 defense in the Big 12

I'm feeling pretty confident that the secondary and edge will be pretty dominate this season. That middle of the defense is a concern. The best we can hope for at ILB is average to slightly below average. There seems to be enough depth at interior dline that they can rotate bodies in to plug the interior better than last year.

If they could get a slightly above average ILB and interior dline, this would be a top 3 defense in the Big 12
I think the middle of the DL has a chance to be very good. They are running 2-3 deep of veteran guys who can play. Agree on ILB. Feels like an average position group

i love that y'all are saying that the ILB group will be below average. Bentley and NHG seem average but are vets who have grown. Trevor is a leader who knows ball and has done everything to fortify his body for the position and seems to be in the right place over and over. Jaylen Wester is an undersized solid athlete with the desire to do more. With solid to solid plus DL play and a plus secondary behind them this group will be PFF monsters. There's a chance the zealous coaching blows it all up, but I dont see this defense giving up 25 ppg. we are going to lose some games but this team is so much more talented and focused than last year. if the ball bounces wrong we win 8

i love that y'all are saying that the ILB group will be below average. Bentley and NHG seem average but are vets who have grown. Trevor is a leader who knows ball and has done everything to fortify his body for the position and seems to be in the right place over and over. Jaylen Wester is an undersized solid athlete with the desire to do more. With solid to solid plus DL play and a plus secondary behind them this group will be PFF monsters. There's a chance the zealous coaching blows it all up, but I dont see this defense giving up 25 ppg. we are going to lose some games but this team is so much more talented and focused than last year. if the ball bounces wrong we win 8
So they are average at best but might be held up by better play around them.

Average linebackers with D tier coaching become below average linebackers. Best hope is that the D-Line makes enough plays before it gets to the second level at a rate that makes the defense formidable.

Happy to be wrong. Expecting to be right.

I hope you are right

I'm pretty sure the offense was far ahead of the Defense throughout camp, last year.
Which is why we went into last season knowing we needed to score a boatload of points in order to win a game. I am very encouraged by the fact that we know the offense has upgraded from last season but that they're struggling to get over on our defense.

Back