What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

This 100%. Not trying to defend our linebacker play last year, it was bad, but it's tough to get downhill into your gap responsibility as a linebacker when you have a d-lineman getting pushed into your lap every down.
Absolutely. @FlaBuff would appreciate this, I'd think. Those big boys up front allow you to do your damn job. That's both sides of the ball.

This 100%. Not trying to defend our linebacker play last year, it was bad, but it's tough to get downhill into your gap responsibility as a linebacker when you have a d-lineman getting pushed into your lap every down.
You are right on, as are many of the posters. I had something similar written yesterday... just did not post.

If the Dline holds the L/O/S (not blown 5 yard back at the snap) also closing some extra gaps, life will be much easier for the ILB's, and even an extra OLB that they may implement on running downs. When giving more thought to the TW experiment last year, certainly there were issues large factors were him being swallowed up (Dline bulled over), having to fight off an Oline downfield block, and then so many gaps--sometimes ILB's pick the wrong gap. TW's seems to have transformed his body. Also, we have more ILB options than last year. It will be the Dline permitting the LB's to play downhill more.

In my 7-8 glass half-full win prediction, I'm really just going all in on the better Dline!!! This renders the defense much better. IMO, this group could be the difference maker. Dline is where we added the highest rated transfer talent. We did great with rebuiling the Oline, but that will take some games to gel. If the D keeps us in our homes games and we throttle CSU, we can more than hold-serve at home thus bag overall wins.

Also, great defense puts teams in a position to win on the road.

@DBT, I have no clue whether they can defend the crossing routes. I hope the CR's are underneath completed when it is 3rd and 16th, and our solid talking in the secondary keeps them short of the 3rd down stick. If the Dline is very special, TW's may be able to ball hawk some along with the safeties.

Last edited:

LOL....that was a great exchange... reminds me of Bob Knight's stick of grading the reporter's questions . . . "I'll give you a C" . . . "what a stupid question?" I think it is safe to say, Keeler gets little or no inside information on the Buffs. There are other local reporters in that situation too. Also, I find it funny that the reporter at the FOCO Coloradan gets more information than our local guys.

I think that was fair. If a media person does not like a person he is covering and has come from that place in his reporting and comments, I believe it is absolutely appropriate for the target of this to say he's not going to engage unless and until they have talked about it. I love the open honesty of saying that directly and publicly and wanting it public because it says he's not hiding from anything and also that he knows how this works - if it's a private conversation then Keeler can 100% control what gets reported from it.

I think that was fair. If a media person does not like a person he is covering and has come from that place in his reporting and comments, I believe it is absolutely appropriate for the target of this to say he's not going to engage unless and until they have talked about it. I love the open honesty of saying that directly and publicly and wanting it public because it says he's not hiding from anything and also that he knows how this works - if it's a private conversation then Keeler can 100% control what gets reported from it.
I’m more iffy on the CBS thing. Nobody seems to know what that was about and Eric Christensen is a pretty respected reporter locally and CU proponent, iirc. Prime obviously said it was nothing personal against EC, but hopefully they had a one on one conversation about whatever his beef is with cbs

I’m more iffy on the CBS thing. Nobody seems to know what that was about and Eric Christensen is a pretty respected reporter locally and CU proponent, iirc. Prime obviously said it was nothing personal against EC, but hopefully they had a one on one conversation about whatever his beef is with cbs
It could be Dodd writing that Prime is an entertainer but not much of a football coach.

Could be a long history of Dodd & CBS stuff disparaging the program and Prime. Or maybe it's something else specifically which could be unrelated to Prime CU but he was highly offended by so he's refusing to help them make money by engaging with that company.

It could be Dodd writing that Prime is an entertainer but not much of a football coach.

Could be a long history of Dodd & CBS stuff disparaging the program and Prime. Or maybe it's something else specifically which could be unrelated to Prime CU but he was highly offended by so he's refusing to help them make money by engaging with that company.
Everybody is going to be watching Prime closely. Another 4-8 year and the naysayers will be out in force. Personally, I think CU is 7-8 win team. Could get 9 W's if things break their way.

Obviously Coach Prime wanted to get some things off his chest today, but I wonder if some of this was intentional with him trying to get the hate directed at him directly instead of the kids. Those hit pieces suggested PLAYERS had guns, mentioned Seaton having a bloody fight, etc. In his video with Adam, Neeley alluded to Prime being able to shrug off most hit pieces directed at him, but he had an issue with them directing them at the players.

Whether that was intentional or not, that's going to dominate the stories and posts all week, how Prime treated the media and away from the specific slander from the hit piece.

Also, Shilo did an expert job of diffusing the situation with trolling "let's get a question from this side of the room" and proceeding to ask him about his birthday. Everyone else in the room was frozen in that awkward standoff and he was the only one who knew and/or had the balls to diffuse the tension. Which is ironic, because he's almost always the boundary pusher and loves making people uncomfortable lol.

Back