What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

I always thought it was better to start Seaton on the inside but too late now
He is Kadyn Proctor 2.0, which means he may struggle in the first few weeks, but we cannot let Nebraska hit SS while he figures it out.
Benson is the better LT, and is a big time leader and will not let that blindside be unprotected.
Seaton has the goods, but he is a freshman playing against all our fantastic rushers and they slip right around him

I always thought it was better to start Seaton on the inside but too late now
Nah, he profiles as a three year starter and first round pick. Whether he gets there is up to him but he’s a LT through and through. He’ll take some time getting adjusted to the college game, but like Proctor at Bama, he’ll settle in and become one of the best.

What Is Wrong With You Edward Burns GIF by MGM Studios
I just don’t like seeing players steal reps from
Other players.

He is Kadyn Proctor 2.0, which means he may struggle in the first few weeks, but we cannot let Nebraska hit SS while he figures it out.
Benson is the better LT, and is a big time leader and will not let that blindside be unprotected.
Seaton has the goods, but he is a freshman playing against all our fantastic rushers and they slip right around him
I think that's why Loadholt is toying with some things in practice lately - Brown at RT, Benson at LT and Johnson/Harden sliding in at G.

I think that's why Loadholt is toying with some things in practice lately - Brown at RT, Benson at LT and Johnson/Harden sliding in at G.
Tyler Brown actually looks pretty good at RT, even though his arms are a little short, he does have good footwork and so much strength in his punch
This is all about the best on the field and winning, not guaranteeing playing time without the results.

Projecting as an NFL star or not, if Seaton comes in and struggles early, staff will have to make adjustments somewhere.
Well, big props to Loadholt for setting up a contingency plan now. BO'B would wait 6 games and 30 sacks in before even recognizing the damn situation.

That said, I'd bet on Seaton having a few bumps early but killing it this year. Look who he's having to block every practice. He'll be fine.

Last edited:
Starting with NDSU is a blessing, but Nebraska does have pretty good DL talent as shown last year, so I would bet on Seaton, because he has it in him and has a lot to prove, and it is hard to compare his reps against our DL, but they look quicker and smarter than him so far, and Benson is and wants to be an NFL LT or at worst RT, so he will be ready, and having Tyler Brown able to bounce to RT is a big help, since we have more interior guys anyway.

I bet he is working his ass off to make sure he is ready

Seaton just got interviewed and kinda stepped in some doo doo about how he thought Colorado would be bad and called it an "underdog school", but pulled out a pretty good interview

Does who we were back in the late 80's, 90's, 00's mean anything anymore?

We had some of the best players and teams, but throwing that all away for 20 years sure kills it for the new generation

Seaton just got interviewed and kinda stepped in some doo doo about how he thought Colorado would be bad and called it an "underdog school", but pulled out a pretty good interview

Does who we were back in the late 80's, 90's, 00's mean anything anymore?

We had some of the best players and teams, but throwing that all away for 20 years sure kills it for the new generation

Man I love this kid!

That doesn’t include a position change is my point. You don’t just put a guy at Guard because “he’s not ready for Tackle”. Guard is entirely different and not just interchangeable
It was more in the realm of starting him out at Guard but that was never going to happen. You obviously can't change his position almost mid way through camp

Looks like practice this morning was lively. For all those who have indicated doubt about Shurmur at OC, everything I see is that he is going to attack every area of the field. That's the sign of a good OC. Let's hope he doesn't clench up when it counts. But so far, so good.

Also, that touch pass over the LB and between the safeties that SS2 threw to Hunter is a throw only about 10-12 QBs in the league can make.

Looks like practice this morning was lively. For all those who have indicated doubt about Shurmur at OC, everything I see is that he is going to attack every area of the field. That's the sign of a good OC. Let's hope he doesn't clench up when it counts. But so far, so good.

Also, that touch pass over the LB and between the safeties that SS2 threw to Hunter is throw only about 10-12 QBs in the league can make.
Shurmur hopefully spent or spends a lot of time talking to Andy Reid and taking as much of the Chefs playbook as possible

I keep reading about how the D will be based on what fits the player instead of a system and based on what Da Lama said about the O, it seems like the O is the same way. I loved what Sean Lewis brought to Boulder last season but it wasn't a great fit as I hoped and I hope he succeeds at SDSU.

I was looking for the perfect response to pile on. Couldn't really find it. So you can just pick your favorite.

View attachment 74375
posted before, but I favor "I don't understand why <this topic> is an emotional issue".

phrasing keeps the negative part (ie. the lack of understanding) on me, not on her and avoids historically charged terms (e.g. "calm down")

YMMV

Also, that touch pass over the LB and between the safeties that SS2 threw to Hunter is a throw only about 10-12 QBs in the league can make.
Shurmur has had enough success as an OC with competent QB play that I'm not too worried there. Everything revolves around that oline and how it can hold up throughout the season, or if they are even average at best. There are weapons on offense that this program hasn't seen in a very long time, including QB.

Neely said that Saturday's scrimmage was more of a 50/50 balanced give and take between the O and the D after the D mostly dominating up to this point in camp.

That's a relief.
From limited information on social media it sounds like the OL was really struggling the first week. Loadholdt made some changes and has been mixing guys in at other spots and apparently things have been getting a lot better. Tyler Brown been getting time at RT and has looked pretty decent I guess.

I think they are trying out a lot of different combinations across the line to both cross train for depth, but also see which guys are going to step up and take certain jobs.

Back