What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

I had it in my head that they were doing this at Jeffco. All City Stadium is directly across the street from the University of Denver. Without a football program, I wonder if this is an attempt to get some kids who wish they had a football program to support interested in CU football.

Or maybe I’m reading way too much into this.

I had it in my head that they were doing this at Jeffco. All City Stadium is directly across the street from the University of Denver. Without a football program, I wonder if this is an attempt to get some kids who wish they had a football program to support interested in CU football.

It's right off I25, centrally located, etc. I might be able to make it. Hell it's even easy to bike to

You're reading way too much into this. He's doing it to bring in some Denver kids/players/fans that may not get exposure to the program.

You're reading way too much into this. He's doing it to bring in some Denver kids/players/fans that may not get exposure to the program.
IIRC, CU had a scrimmage at Denver South in the late 80s. Not sure what the reason was and it might have been in the spring. For some reason Marc Walters name comes up for me thinking about it.

Observation - Tyler Brown looks nothing like the prototypical OT, but man his footwork is stellar and he is just so damn strong. Hard not to give him reps at the position. I like Loadholt playing around with a 7-man rotation right now. It will pay huge dividends.

Observation - Tyler Brown looks nothing like the prototypical OT, but man his footwork is stellar and he is just so damn strong. Hard not to give him reps at the position. I like Loadholt playing around with a 7-man rotation right now. It will pay huge dividends.
Also not prototypical, he’s a giant teddy bear playing a position that requires some nasty. I’m sure he has it when it’s pads on, but it’s just funny.

Oh man, he went after the Denver Post reporter at 18:30'ish (Sean Keeler).

About time people called out this **** paper for how they treat the program.

and then does the 2nd Denver Post writer (Troy Renck) refer to one of the Sanders brothers as Travis? I'm sure he did.

Last edited:
It’s very possible he could be the starting RT

It's right off I25, centrally located, etc. I might be able to make it. Hell it's even easy to bike to

Not sure why they are doing it, but it should be absolutely packed - and maybe that's why they are doing it.

Not sure why they are doing it, but it should be absolutely packed - and maybe that's why they are doing it.
back in the day, both the Buffs and the Broncs would do like mini-barn storming swings throughout the state. i played in a charity basketball game against a handful of broncs and got charged and trampled by an o lineman.

these were like little goodwill tours to garner support in the more remote portions of the state. Coach Mac signed an 8 man football qb and at the time we were recruiting lights out. he lived in my dorm and after a week of practice he decided to try punting instead and played in the nfl.

outreach is good. now with the population so concentrated on the front range they probably really don't need to go anywhere else.... it is a good move. shake some hands, invite some high school coaches, etc.

I’m more iffy on the CBS thing. Nobody seems to know what that was about and Eric Christensen is a pretty respected reporter locally and CU proponent, iirc. Prime obviously said it was nothing personal against EC, but hopefully they had a one on one conversation about whatever his beef is with cbs
I’d imagine the issue the local media has is Dieon’s lack of accessibility to them. He doesn’t do interviews with the local media unless he’s paid or it’s mandated.

Given that his Coach’s show last season was with News 4, I wonder if they were not able to agree on a deal this season.

One thing I notice about Denver’s local media is that the sports guys and ladies are pretty cliquish. I could see them getting a bit put out with the lack of media access.

paraphrasing the quote: capacity is five thousand, we should have ten thousand. LOL, it's great for the brand and for fans in denver, especially youngsters, like matt mccheese, who might want to get autographs from their favorite players

It could be Dodd writing that Prime is an entertainer but not much of a football coach.

Could be a long history of Dodd & CBS stuff disparaging the program and Prime. Or maybe it's something else specifically which could be unrelated to Prime CU but he was highly offended by so he's refusing to help them make money by engaging with that company.
pretty sure it was the article on CBS sports dredging up Shilo stuff from 2015? i won't link to it but you can google shilo/cbssports and it comes up

Back