What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Good lord. She looks like a former Soviet gymnast
Stop It Season 9 GIF

They'll be fine. A stronger front 7 typically means less worry for the safeties. The (very minor) concerns right now are: Sanders getting back 100%, Stoutmire making a smooth transition and Riley picking up the scheme.
Rog. I always just feel like Shilo Sanders is more of a liability than he’s worth. Just my opinion .

Rog. I always just feel like Shilo Sanders is more of a liability than he’s worth. Just my opinion .
Just an fyi he led the team in tackles, defensive TDs, Forced Fumbles and total forced turnovers last year. It was a bad defense, but he was one of the best players.

He definitely needs to become a more consistent sure tackler (without the head hunting) and improve as a cover Safety, but he’s one of the better players on defense

Just an fyi he led the team in tackles, defensive TDs, Forced Fumbles and total forced turnovers last year. It was a bad defense, but he was one of the best players.

He definitely needs to become a more consistent sure tackler (without the head hunting) and improve as a cover Safety, but he’s one of the better players on defense
I agree! Except for the inconsistency, bad tackling and poor coverage, he's a great safety!

Statistically, Shilo is actually ever so slightly below the FBS average for missed tackle percentage. I think his misses are just highlighted because we see him going for the big hit and either whiffing or just not making solid enough contact. Easier to notice that than someone who is making arm tackles.

I agree he needs to be better than the average if he wants to make it to the NFL. But the idea that he misses a ton of tackles is overblown.

Statistically, Shilo is actually ever so slightly below the FBS average for missed tackle percentage. I think his misses are just highlighted because we see him going for the big hit and either whiffing or just not making solid enough contact. Easier to notice that than someone who is making arm tackles.

I agree he needs to be better than the average if he wants to make it to the NFL. But the idea that he misses a ton of tackles is overblown.
I also suspect he's going to tackle differently this season. He has to. Another shoulder injury and his chances of making an NFL roster with damaged shoulders as a SS are basically zero.

Random musing after the first week of practice:
- We could really use another seasoned tackle, Tyler Brown getting reps at RT is interesting
- Zilinkas is mid, but he has no real competition at the position
- To that point, way too many snaps where 4 OL are dominating their man, and one is getting beat and the whole play gets thrown off.
- Livingston is going to bring heat regularly and from everywhere. It's obvious he believes he has the dudes to lockdown receivers
- Staub doing his darndest to play himself out of QB2
- Feels like Mathis is taking reps from others who should be getting them. Maybe because there are some illnesses? I hope.
- Savion Riley's playing himself into the mix at starter
- When Kalil Benson and BJ Green are both selected All Big12 they need to buy each other a nice gift because those two are Iron Sharpens Iron come to life.
- I love Charlie but it's time to get serious and start giving reps to everyone else to see what we really have at RB
- Sam Hart might actually be able to help this team
- Finally, these dudes are having fun and playing nasty. That's a lethal combination for opponents

- We could really use another seasoned tackle, Tyler Brown getting reps at RT is interesting
- To that point, way too many snaps where 4 OL are dominating their man, and one is getting beat and the whole play gets thrown off.
- Livingston is going to bring heat regularly and from everywhere. It's obvious he believes he has the dudes to lockdown receivers
- Feels like Mathis is taking reps from others who should be getting them. Maybe because there are some illnesses? I hope.
- When Kalil Benson and BJ Green are both selected All Big12 they need to buy each other a nice gift because those two are Iron Sharpens Iron come to life.
- I love Charlie but it's time to get serious and start giving reps to everyone else to see what we really have at RB
- Finally, these dudes are having fun and playing nasty. That's a lethal combination for opponents
Are these opinions based on watching well off / reach the people videos?

Pretty spot on from what I've seen from watching well off as well. Only thing I'd add is:

-10 is going to be a problem.

One thing I really thought we lacked offensively last year was a safety valve that could consistently put pressure on defenses over the middle on crossing routes and hook/curls, especially when Shedeur was under pressure. Mikey Harrison became that at times but Wester can be a game changer there. Seems like he's always open and Shedeur is finding him a lot.

Last edited:
Had this discussion with a buddy. I really think the only reason he's getting run with the ones right now is because Prime made that statement about him being the starter during the last week of spring ball. So they had to let him be the "starter" for this first week so that statement wasn't completely hollow. But it's frustrating because that's valuable time that Hayden or Welch or Augustave could be getting. Charlie serves a great purpose on this team. That purpose is not RB1. Or 2 or 3.

Had this discussion with a buddy. I really think the only reason he's getting run with the ones right now is because Prime made that statement about him being the starter during the last week of spring ball. So they had to let him be the "starter" for this first week so that statement wasn't completely hollow. But it's frustrating because that's valuable time that Hayden or Welch or Augustave could be getting. Charlie serves a great purpose on this team. That purpose is not RB1. Or 2 or 3.
Relax. Flea said that all the RBs would get a chance to run with the 1’s and develop chemistry with 2. Charlie is not stealing reps from anyone. The RB who performs best in the games will get the bulk of the carries.

Pretty spot on from what I've seen from watching well off as well. Only thing I'd add is:

-10 is going to be a problem.

One thing I really thought we lacked offensively last year was a safety valve that could consistently put pressure on defenses over the middle on crossing routes and hook/curls, especially when Shedeur was under pressure. Mikey Harrison became that at times but Wester can be a game changer there. Seems like he's always open and Shedeur is finding him a lot.
The issue opponents are going to have is how do you match up your coverage against us. Last year it was much easier because 1) almost everyone could get immediate pressure with their front 4, and 2) our WRs weren't half as good a unit as they are this year. Typically, most teams will have one good corner that a coach is willing to put on an island some of the time, one LB who's decent in coverage and maybe another corner/nickel/safety that can hold their own unless the play is extended. Now, say that one good CB gets the task of covering Hunter. Okay. Then that means that other corner has to cover Sheppard. Not looking so good, but not disastrous. Yet. Here's where it gets tricky. You then have a nickel or a safety that has to come down and cover the slots - Horn and Wester - if you're in man coverage. I'll take those matchups any day. If you're in a zone, you're hoping like hell your DLine can get quick pressure, so your OLBs can get into their drops and just maintain underneath (this is something we could not do last year to save our lives.) because covering crossing routes with this group is going to be a nightmare. Now here's where it gets truly fvcked up for our opponents this year. If you give Shadeur even a second more than he got per snap last year and mix in one of the best receiving groups in the country, he's going to find an open receiver every down. And this doesn't even account for the run game/PA putting the defense into further conflict. If Shurmur doesn't go 100% stupid this year we're going to shred some teams.

Last edited:
The issue opponents are going to have is how do you match up your coverage against us. Last year it was much easier because 1) almost everyone could get immediate pressure with their front 4, and 2) our WRs weren't half as good a unit as they are this year. Typically, most teams will have one good corner that a coach is willing to put on an island some of the time, one LB who's decent in coverage and maybe another corner/nickel/safety that can hold their own unless the play is extended. Now, say that one good CB gets the task of covering Hunter. Okay. Then that means that other corner has to cover Sheppard. Not looking so good, but not disastrous. Yet. Here's where it gets tricky. You then have a nickel or a safety that has to come down and cover the slots - Horn and Wester - if you're in man coverage. I'll take those matchups any day. If you're in a zone, you're hoping like hell your DLine can get quick pressure, so your OLBs can get into their drops and just maintain underneath (this is something we could not do last year to save our lives.) because covering crossing routes with this group is going to be a nightmare. Now here's where it gets truly fvcked up for our opponents this year. If you give Shadeur even a second more than he got per snap last year and mix in one of the best receiving groups in the country, he's going to find an open receiver every down. And this doesn't even account for the run game/PA putting the defense into further conflict. If Shurmur doesn't go 100% stupid this year we're going to shred some teams.
1722816307338.jpeg

Relax. Flea said that all the RBs would get a chance to run with the 1’s and develop chemistry with 2. Charlie is not stealing reps from anyone. The RB who performs best in the games will get the bulk of the carries.
I wouldn’t say I’m fired up about it lol. I didn’t think I was giving that impression. But I really do think it would be more beneficial to let the other three get more reps.

Yeah, because Flea has certainly shown the best and/or most appropriate back for the situation will get the carries.

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

Riley and Hart will be big helps and are real ballers

Seaton is struggling, gonna be the most important 3 weeks of his life

This sounds more Wonder Bread than Telera.

Back