What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

A few observations from viewing a practice:

- Shedeur looked absolutely fantastic. His accuracy was off the charts.
- Travis Hunter is other worldly, especially near the goal line. Caught 3 or 4 passes for TD's inside the 20 yard line, with good coverage! His body control is super human.
- our 2nd best receiver could be another star, whether it's LaJohntay Wester or Will Sheppard
- To me, the OL looks better on the hoof than the DL. Tyler Johnson, the OG transfer from Houston and UT, is healthy and has a real chance to make a move. He and Seaton are the most imposing physically.
- Top 6 OL appear to be Seaton, Mayers, Zilinkas, Johnson, Tyler Brown and Benson
- Kalil Benson has a shoulder injury, but should be back fairly soon and definitely for the NDSU game
- IMO, the most explosive running back was clearly Brandon Hood
- Top 3 ILB's - Woods, Bentley and Jeremiah Brown is apparently making a move
- I am not overwhelmed with our talent on the interior DL, though Cokes looks much bigger and more explosive. Anquin Barnes is going to be crucial to solidifying this position. Tawfiq Thomas and Taurean Carter looked like JAG's to me.
- Edge looks much better, Okunlola has big upside.
- Biggest worry to me remains up the middle of the defense, though I believe we have a much better DC this year
What about Nikhai Hill Green at LB? He has been a presumed starter, but haven’t heard much about him since he got here.

A few observations from viewing a practice:

- Shedeur looked absolutely fantastic. His accuracy was off the charts.
- Travis Hunter is other worldly, especially near the goal line. Caught 3 or 4 passes for TD's inside the 20 yard line, with good coverage! His body control is super human.
- our 2nd best receiver could be another star, whether it's LaJohntay Wester or Will Sheppard
- To me, the OL looks better on the hoof than the DL. Tyler Johnson, the OG transfer from Houston and UT, is healthy and has a real chance to make a move. He and Seaton are the most imposing physically.
- Top 6 OL appear to be Seaton, Mayers, Zilinkas, Johnson, Tyler Brown and Benson
- Kalil Benson has a shoulder injury, but should be back fairly soon and definitely for the NDSU game
- IMO, the most explosive running back was clearly Brandon Hood
- Top 3 ILB's - Woods, Bentley and Jeremiah Brown is apparently making a move
- I am not overwhelmed with our talent on the interior DL, though Cokes looks much bigger and more explosive. Anquin Barnes is going to be crucial to solidifying this position. Tawfiq Thomas and Taurean Carter looked like JAG's to me.
- Edge looks much better, Okunlola has big upside.
- Biggest worry to me remains up the middle of the defense, though I believe we have a much better DC this year
Awesome insight. Thanks, @buffs233

Obviously these are just two highlights, but if Hood is able to strap Travis like this, our CB group is loaded. Prime said yesterday they have 4 guys who can play at CB and taking him at his word, the potential for this pass defense with the edge rushers we have is ridiculously high.

Teams won't have to pass on us. They'll have a field day with the run. Signed, Darth Snow

Obviously these are just two highlights, but if Hood is able to strap Travis like this, our CB group is loaded. Prime said yesterday they have 4 guys who can play at CB and taking him at his word, the potential for this pass defense with the edge rushers we have is ridiculously high.

'Strap', 'loaded', 'high'!?!?!

the HCCP poisonous thug culture of team has officially permeated Allbuffs!

We need a pass rush. Those routes are slow to develop - which is why we hardly saw any from our own offense last season.
Too bad the interior DL is also a weak spot. Runs up the middle and crossing routes. NDSU is gonna kick in our teeth

Umm, the second pass caused the official to make this signal. I assume the P12 refs are in our rear view, so explain how this second pass was broken up?
1723426802027.png

Four words. Interior linebackers. Crossing routes.
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

There's no way NDSU is #2 in the FCS this season. They might not even be #2 in their own conference.

Yep. If you look at NDSU's conference schedule, they host two Dakota schools and then travel to both Illinois schools who are no pushovers. Can't rule out a 0-4 or 1-3 start in MVFC play.

I was told NDSU was ****, and former shell of itself.

Yeah that was my thinking too
The gap between FCS and FBS has never been wider. They lost a lot to the portal, including their best overall player, a WR who transferred to Iowa State.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t still good for an FCS school, it just means their history of upsetting mediocre P5 teams (which last occurred a decade ago, btw) is entirely irrelevant in 2024.

I will say this. Knowing the offense NDSU will be running this year and witnessing what our LBs look like (again), my predicted spread for this game has changed.
Eh. This game isn’t about our defense vs their offense. It’s about whether our offense can put up 24+ in the first half, forcing them to abandon their preferred offensive philosophy and go to the air.

That’s what the entire season is about for CU; the offense scoring at will and allowing our pass rushers and secondary to tee off.

The anxiety about the season I have is whether the offense can consistently do that, because if they can’t against NDSU, they’re in trouble and we are looking at 4-8 again, tbh.

Back