What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Thanks for posting that video. The observation I came away with is that Keeler is totally FROZEN OUT. Not necessarily by Sapp, who gave a class A interview, but by the other media asking the good questions and getting responses. He was not in the middle, not on the inside left, not on the inside right, rather he was FROZEN OUT on the far outside right side. I would say his producers or higher-ups see that and his days at the DP are numbered. You only get so many teams and opportunities to report or write-on and you have to be in the mix with the other media people. Rather, he was not taking notes, not really listening, rather he was an outside bystander just trying to get a question in--on what I have no idea.

Looking at that, I don't think it is a CU thing, a Prime thing, a Sapp thing or anything else--it is Keeler himself frozen out and he cannot take it. I don't think he just burnt bridges with CU/Prime, rather he is that bad and more frozen out by the competing media more than anything else. He appears ENTITLED by the DP badge, brood's when he has not attention and has no charisma whatsoever. Why would they give him any carte blanche when he cannot compete with the media around him.
The same DP that still employs Mark Kiszla who, in 1998, was covering the Rockies for the DP and did an illegal search of Dante Bichette's locker to see if he could find PEDs and lost his credentials from the Baseball Writers of America as a result?

Hack journalism to create controversy is encouraged, not frowned upon, by that rag.

Just practice clips and stuff but love how much he’s looking for the ball in coverage. His position coach at Auburn praised how he attacks the ball in coverage and Colton himself has said his experience on offense makes him feel comfortable making plays on the ball.
Refreshing to see. How many dudes get PI these days because they don't get their head around?

The same DP that still employs Mark Kiszla who, in 1998, was covering the Rockies for the DP and did an illegal search of Dante Bichette's locker to see if he could find PEDs and lost his credentials from the Baseball Writers of America as a result?

Hack journalism to create controversy is encouraged, not frowned upon, by that rag.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Hack journalism is still there and everywhere. I sort of remember that baseball thing with Kiszla, and that was awful. How he is still at DP or in what capacity I don't really know. I don't think Kiz makes the big bucks that he used to. I do know that the media money has dried up across the board with everything going digital, and it is just more competitive than ever. I am amazed that newspapers and tv media, even if online is so very thin these days. Our local Colorado Hometown Weekly is now digital. Less jobs, less money and less stability.

Just practice clips and stuff but love how much he’s looking for the ball in coverage. His position coach at Auburn praised how he attacks the ball in coverage and Colton himself has said his experience on offense makes him feel comfortable making plays on the ball.
Size and length don't really stand out but he's just a baller out there who refuses to lose. Reminds me a bit of Chris Harris. (From the limited tape I've seen)

The DP sports desk also employed John Henderson (oogling young gymnasts), Adrian Dater (Substance abuse, misogyny), Matt Stephens (HUGE anti-CU views coming from Fort Collins) and probably others whose names I've thankfully forgotten

The DP sports desk also employed John Henderson (oogling young gymnasts), Adrian Dater (Substance abuse, misogyny), Matt Stephens (HUGE anti-CU views coming from Fort Collins) and probably others whose names I've thankfully forgotten
I get wanting to support local investigative journalism, but that paper straight sucks now. Houston is lucky to still have a newspaper that hasn’t been stripped to the bones.

Thanks for posting that video. The observation I came away with is that Keeler is totally FROZEN OUT. Not necessarily by Sapp, who gave a class A interview, but by the other media asking the good questions and getting responses. He was not in the middle, not on the inside left, not on the inside right, rather he was FROZEN OUT on the far outside right side. I would say his producers or higher-ups see that and his days at the DP are numbered. You only get so many teams and opportunities to report or write-on and you have to be in the mix with the other media people. Rather, he was not taking notes, not really listening, basically he was an outside bystander just trying to get a question in--on what I have no idea.

Looking at that, I don't think it is a CU thing, a Prime thing, a Sapp thing or anything else--it is Keeler himself frozen out and he cannot take it. I don't think he just burnt bridges with CU/Prime, rather he is that bad and more frozen out by the competing media more than anything else. He appears ENTITLED by the DP badge, brood's when he has no attention and has no charisma whatsoever. Why would they give him any carte blanche when he cannot compete with the media around him.
He stands in the corner almost every time. There was a player interview earlier in camp where he had his back to the player the whole time.

Mark Kizla was laid off from the Denver Post and now writes for the Colorado Gazette. He definitely does not make “big bucks”. Unless one is a syndicated writer, on radio or TV, nobody in beat level journalism is making squat. I have several friends that write for papers larger than the Denver Post and I’m definitely picking up the tab at dinner.

The average daily print circulation of the Denver Post has fallen to 37,000, placing it behind other papers like the Cleveland Plain Dealer and the Arizona Republic, and neck and neck with the Las Vegas Review Journal. And this is inclusive of absorbing the Rocky Mtn News years ago.

The Denver Post is owned by Alden Global Capital, a hedge fund based in New York that is widely considered to be an awful owner that “strip mines” newsrooms to juice returns.

I am confident in writing that employment at the Denver Post generally isn’t a great experience, with low wages, high demands, and ungrateful executives.

Last edited:
Mark Kizla was laid off from the Denver Post and now writes for the Colorado Gazette. He definitely does not make “big bucks”. Unless one is a syndicated writer, on radio or TV, nobody in beat level journalism is making squat. I have several friends that write for papers larger than the Denver Post and I’m definitely picking up the tab at dinner.

The average daily print circulation of the Denver Post has fallen to 37,000, placing it behind other papers like the Cleveland Plain Dealer and the Arizona Republic, and neck and neck with the Las Vegas Review Journal. And this is inclusive of absorbing the Rocky Mtn News years ago.

The Denver Post is owned by Alden Global Capital, a hedge fund based in New York that is widely considered to be an awful owner that “strip mines” newsrooms to juice returns.

I am confident in writing that employment at the Denver Post generally isn’t a great experience, with low wages, high demands, and ungrateful executives.
If by “writes for the Colorado Gazette”, you mean “publishes absurd random hot takes”, then you are spot on. Honestly, the stuff he is putting out there would make great material for message board geniuses.

This is a solid take. National media who don’t have an agenda are catching up

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

We need an age cutoff for the backwards baseball cap.

Our conference schedule this year is pretty interesting. The only team expected to be in the running for the championship game that we miss is ISU. The only projected conference dwellers we miss are ASU and BYU. Then we effectively miss all the middle of the road teams.

Our schedule has been projected as the toughest in the B12. If/when we make the championship game, we will have earned it.

Our conference schedule this year is pretty interesting. The only team expected to be in the running for the championship game that we miss is ISU. The only projected conference dwellers we miss are ASU and BYU. Then we effectively miss all the middle of the road teams.

Our schedule has been projected as the toughest in the B12. If/when we make the championship game, we will have earned it.
I can’t remember who it was but one of the national guys was talking about the Big 12 and how there are legitimately 10-12 programs that have the potential for 8+ wins.

It’s going to be a wild season in this conference but also might only produce one CFP bid.

I can’t remember who it was but one of the national guys was talking about the Big 12 and how there are legitimately 10-12 programs that have the potential for 8+ wins.

It’s going to be a wild season in this conference but also might only produce one CFP bid.
All I know, or think I know, is if CU could somehow, someway get in the playoff, it's fvcking on.

If you’ve been wondering who the player in the blue mesh is in the videos, Hardge has been practicing on both sides of the ball. Looks like they got him a grey jersey finally!

Also possibly unrelated but a buddy of mine is flying in from Boston for the open practice tomorrow and Derrick White is on his flight. Possible he shows up to the practice?

Back