What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Eh. This game isn’t about our defense vs their offense. It’s about whether our offense can put up 24+ in the first half, forcing them to abandon their preferred offensive philosophy and go to the air.

That’s what the entire season is about for CU; the offense scoring at will and allowing our pass rushers and secondary to tee off.
Agree 100%. Our offense should be very good. Specific to this game though, I think NDSU is capable of ripping off some big runs because our LBs will get swallowed up in the mix, hesitate to fill gaps and/or run into wrong gaps.

Agree 100%. Our offense should be very good. Specific to this game though, I think NDSU is capable of ripping off some big runs because our LBs will get swallowed up in the mix, hesitate to fill gaps and/or run into wrong gaps.
They are obviously going to pick up some first downs, have some sustained drives and score some points, but that shouldn’t materially affect the spread, as long as they aren’t ripping off 3-4 play TD drives because they are gashing us for 20-30 yard runs every time.

Look, this is year two and entirely Prime’s team. If we can’t comfortably beat NDSU at home with a full arsenal, he probably isn’t the guy to lead a P4 program.

Drelon Miller stock up. One of the new Buffs fans said when we got him that they were going to find a way to get him some snaps this year because he can line up in so many spots including in the backfield. Sounds like he’s earning his reps.

Anyone planning on attending the open practice on Friday?
Outside the great catches and level of physicality he plays with already as a freshman, the kid is always smiling, attentive, respectful, and chopping it up with teammates. I think he has what it takes to be one of those all timers here with his combination of ability and likeability.

Drelon Miller stock up. One of the new Buffs fans said when we got him that they were going to find a way to get him some snaps this year because he can line up in so many spots including in the backfield. Sounds like he’s earning his reps.

Anyone planning on attending the open practice on Friday?
Don't want to see a duplication of what was done with Laviska.

i think we have enough depth and optionality around 2 to have a pretty nice offensive season. fingers crossed and hold your breath in the middle of the defense, our corners are good enough to maybe take some of the heat off sometimes.

if we struggle with ndsu defending the run then that would be a big flashing warning sign. we should more than enough guys to work them over. assignments and knowing what to do when are the open questions on defense.

i love how much hate that dp columnist is tossing at CP. there are going to be so so many bent out of shape pundits if this is a good year... i am going to enjoy the ride.

Eh. This game isn’t about our defense vs their offense. It’s about whether our offense can put up 24+ in the first half, forcing them to abandon their preferred offensive philosophy and go to the air.

That’s what the entire season is about for CU; the offense scoring at will and allowing our pass rushers and secondary to tee off.

The anxiety about the season I have is whether the offense can consistently do that, because if they can’t against NDSU, they’re in trouble and we are looking at 4-8 again, tbh.

If we get off to a fast start, NDSU won't be able to play their usual bruising running game & take time off the clock. That might force them to pass the ball more and against that CU secondary which should be a mismatch leading to turnovers and potentially a blow out win over NDSU.

Don't want to see a duplication of what was done with Laviska.
Viska was overused in the first 5/5.5 games of 2018, and was never really the same dominating player afterwards. Glimpses happen every so often, but defenses locked into him and it seemed that he was preserving himself for the draft in 2019….thanks Chev.

Luckily the Buffs have way more offensive weapons than Miller at this point. If he is a gamer, then I hope to see plenty of Drelon Miller this year, and not just in garbage time!

If we get off to a fast start, NDSU won't be able to play their usual bruising running game & take time off the clock. That might force them to pass the ball more and against that CU secondary which should be a mismatch leading to turnovers and potentially a blow out win over NDSU.
Based on the limited time I’ve seen highlights I don’t think change up much to try to throw when behind. Kinda like back when hagan would maybe attempt 6 throws a game.

Based on the limited time I’ve seen highlights I don’t think change up much to try to throw when behind. Kinda like back when hagan would maybe attempt 6 throws a game.

Looked at some of their game stats...I'd say 20-25 passes per game for the Bison but in their losses, they threw at least one pick.

Above in gold is spot on. With the exception of Nwankwo, the interior DL group has hit a bit of a wall lately. It might be that the OL is progressing. FWIW, I really like how Loadholt is handling these guys.

Also (and for the cheap seats) OUR LBs ARE NOT GOOD. Same issues as last season, to the T. We're gonna have some real problems again with that group.
It was the one position we didn’t recruit very hard or well, it seemed.

Keeler is such a thug.
Prison Sean incoming.
the office bandana GIF

Is Keeler trying to look "street" all of a sudden? That was a fantastic interview full of wonderful quotes, insight and facts. I'm sure Keeler will spin it negatively,

Thanks for posting that video. The observation I came away with is that Keeler is totally FROZEN OUT. Not necessarily by Sapp, who gave a class A interview, but by the other media asking the good questions and getting responses. He was not in the middle, not on the inside left, not on the inside right, rather he was FROZEN OUT on the far outside right side. I would say his producers or higher-ups see that and his days at the DP are numbered. You only get so many teams and opportunities to report or write-on and you have to be in the mix with the other media people. Rather, he was not taking notes, not really listening, basically he was an outside bystander just trying to get a question in--on what I have no idea.

Looking at that, I don't think it is a CU thing, a Prime thing, a Sapp thing or anything else--it is Keeler himself frozen out and he cannot take it. I don't think he just burnt bridges with CU/Prime, rather he is that bad and more frozen out by the competing media more than anything else. He appears ENTITLED by the DP badge, brood's when he has no attention and has no charisma whatsoever. Why would they give him any carte blanche when he cannot compete with the media around him.

Last edited:
Back