What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Comparing training camp from last year to this year:

Last year:

• Prime was limited in mobility. He was limited to his golf cart and called out to players/coaches. He had to spend a decent amount of time and energy on his own health.
  • There were a lot of high profile visitors who came, and where featured in a lot of the Well Off videos.
  • The continued statements were around ‘We coming’.
  • Coaches were having to become familiar with all the new players while implementing their playbook. Significant turnover after spring, with only a small percent getting both spring and fall camp.
  • As a fan base I think we were happy to see some resemblance of talent, what looked like a game plan, and some positive feelings about the program. We were at least being talked about rather than disregarded.
This led to a significantly better team in 2023 vs 2022 (although it really couldn’t have been worse). We went from being competitive in 2 games (1 win and 1 loss by 12 pts) in 2022 to being competitive in 10 games in 2023 (4 wins, 5 losses by 1 score, and 1 loss by 12 pts).

This year:

• Prime is moving around, coaching players, huddling the team together to motivate and coordinate. It is good to see him focused on the team.
  • Fewer high profile visitors. I think it was good last year to help inspire the team, and this year it isn’t needed as much.
  • Less turnover and a greater % of players participated in both fall and spring camp.
  • It seems the fan base is a bit quieter, and in a bit of a ‘show me’ position

Saw this from the other day. Not a ton of enthusiasm from Shedeur 😂😂

images

Ray Lewis is an awesome motivational speaker. I've heard him a couple of times and he's great at it.

And then I remember: Ray Lewis killed two guys.
FIFY. Not directed at you but it's strange how many people remember it as killing one person when it was actually two.

Granted I might be an outlier - I haven't been on DraftKings in years but here's the email I got from them this weekend.

1723746008440.png

I can’t remember who it was but one of the national guys was talking about the Big 12 and how there are legitimately 10-12 programs that have the potential for 8+ wins.

It’s going to be a wild season in this conference but also might only produce one CFP bid.

I've seen projections of Oklahoma State, Arizona, Kansas State, Utah of course, ISU, and even WV to contend for the conference title. And on his latest podcast Rece Davis picked KU to win the conference.

Wasn't it his friends that killed the two guys? I never remember anyone claiming that Lewis was actually the killer, and there was scandal around whether he was involved in the fight or not.

Wasn't it his friends that killed the two guys? I never remember anyone claiming that Lewis was actually the killer, and there was scandal around whether he was involved in the fight or not.
Yes but he was charged with murder initially. IIRC they got into a fight in the club parking lot and his two friends did the actual stabbing with knives they had bought while with RL during an autograph session at sports authority. Believe they found blood in RL’s hotel room but could never find his rumored blood spattered white suit. He testified against the friends in exchange for his charges being reduced from murder.

Back