What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Some general thoughts:

1. We might win some games because of this D. Pretty nasty Dline in general. I almost forgot Arden and I thought he did great today. ILB looks average, not too bad, and being average might be enough.
2. OL needs work. Both sides.
3. Still feels like we don't run the ball enough when 2 is the QB.

My observations for the time I was there (@50 minutes of scrimmage).

• Receivers are very good. Sheppard seems to be a favorite target. Even the 3rd string guys are playmakers.
  • O. Miller had a great catch for a TD but it was called out
  • Didn't see WR Cordelle Russell playing but I could have missed it
  • DE's are phenomenal with BJ Green being the best of the group. The rotation will be scary
  • Not as worried about the middle DL as I was before
  • 1st team DBs are very good but it was difficult to really assess because the QB wasn't getting much time to throw
  • OL is way, way behind the DL. Lots of 'touch' sacks. Tough to say if SS was getting more time to throw than last year
  • Seaton, at this point, is getting beaten rather easily by our DE's. He is better than other true frosh OLs that I've seen but, simply put, he needs a year get stronger and get used to the speed
  • Pray Shedeur doesn't get hurt because the alternative is scary.
  • Offerdahl started with the first team but I thought Hayden, Hood, and Augustave looked better. Didn't see Welch but I might have missed them
  • Our Kicker still can't reach the endzone
  • Hard to say if the Offensive scheme is any good. Few runs up the middle but I think that was due to the format of the practice. Lots of off tackle
Overall, the team looks the part but it was really hard to know who I was looking at because the names on the backs of the jersey's are twitter 'handles' that may or may not be the guy's actual name. I spent a lot of time at the beginning flipping through the roster on my phone so I missed quite a few plays. If SS can get protection, the team will be very good. Regardless of the subpar OL play tonight, I still think they are better than last year. Seaton will need to grow up fast and I think/hope by midyear he could be there. I like Charlie O. but I really hope we start another RB earns the job.

My observations for the time I was there (@50 minutes of scrimmage).

• Receivers are very good. Sheppard seems to be a favorite target. Even the 3rd string guys are playmakers.
  • O. Miller had a great catch for a TD but it was called out
  • Didn't see WR Cordelle Russell playing but I could have missed it
  • DE's are phenomenal with BJ Green being the best of the group. The rotation will be scary
  • Not as worried about the middle DL as I was before
  • 1st team DBs are very good but it was difficult to really assess because the QB wasn't getting much time to throw
  • OL is way, way behind the DL. Lots of 'touch' sacks. Tough to say if SS was getting more time to throw than last year
  • Seaton, at this point, is getting beaten rather easily by our DE's. He is better than other true frosh OLs that I've seen but, simply put, he needs a year get stronger and get used to the speed
  • Pray Shedeur doesn't get hurt because the alternative is scary.
  • Offerdahl started with the first team but I thought Hayden, Hood, and Augustave looked better. Didn't see Welch but I might have missed them
  • Our Kicker still can't reach the endzone
  • Hard to say if the Offensive scheme is any good. Few runs up the middle but I think that was due to the format of the practice. Lots of off tackle
Overall, the team looks the part but it was really hard to know who I was looking at because the names on the backs of the jersey's are twitter 'handles' that may or may not be the guy's actual name. I spent a lot of time at the beginning flipping through the roster on my phone so I missed quite a few plays. If SS can get protection, the team will be very good. Regardless of the subpar OL play tonight, I still think they are better than last year. Seaton will need to grow up fast and I think/hope by midyear he could be there. I like Charlie O. but I really hope we start another RB earns the job.
Can you comment on the sparse crowd? Was everyone in line for the bathroom because All City doesn’t have proper troughs?

I forgot to mention Stoyanovich. Kid has the strongest leg of tthe kickers. He was attempting 70yd fgs in warmups and got it to the crossbar. No idea why he wasn't doing kickoffs in the scrimmage.

Other tidbits. Goldberg was on the sidelines (Looks like WWF took me a toll on him). The crowd was sparse on the east side in the beginning but it filled up when the sun went down. Shilo was wearing yellow jersey but played with the 1s. Not sure if he's ready to tackle but he can't be far off

I forgot to mention Stoyanovich. Kid has the strongest leg of tthe kickers. He was attempting 70yd fgs in warmups and got it to the crossbar. No idea why he wasn't doing kickoffs in the scrimmage.

Other tidbits. Goldberg was on the sidelines (Looks like WWF took me a toll on him). The crowd was sparse on the east side in the beginning but it filled up when the sun went down. Shilo was wearing yellow jersey but played with the 1s. Not sure if he's ready to tackle but he can't be far off
Mata is tenured in with Prime. Someday he'll graduate and hopefully we put a little effort into recruiting.

Back