What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Yeah I haven’t seen anyone suggest Seaton has been getting beat that badly, just that he’s not yet an elite LT and there will be some growing pains as he adjusts. Proctor was not very good at all for Bama last year until around mid season. Also, this isn’t the SEC and I think Seaton adjusts quicker
Proctor kind of stunk the whole year. Better at seasons end for sure.

Stating the obvious, being able to run when they want to and stop the run when they need to will be key. I have no idea what to expect from the OL but I’d be happy if they were better at run blocking than pass blocking. Using the run to set up the pass wouldn’t be bad at all.

Keeler actually wrote a somewhat positive article about the Buffs' open practice in Denver.
https://www.denverpost.com/2024/08/...OTvMSkkmVS2dd5PswA_aem_H4nhBhPepKliPxcvNGt0yA
Norm Macdonald GIF

Not sure where to put this, but HOW FVCKING STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO HOLD A CONCERT ON YOUR HOME FIELD LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE FIRST GAME??!!

Holy sh!t. It’s not as if the turf isnt always trashed by mid October every season anyway, our “braintrust” needs to speed up the process?

I’m at a loss.

Not sure where to put this, but HOW FVCKING STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO HOLD A CONCERT ON YOUR HOME FIELD LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE FIRST GAME??!!

Holy sh!t. It’s not as if the turf isnt always trashed by mid October every season anyway, our “braintrust” needs to speed up the process?

I’m at a loss.
i heard on DNVR that they're replacing the whole turf after the concert. so, maybe not as bad as you think?

I’m at a loss.
Take it to the pet peeve thread.

Is a week and a half enough time to let new turf settle?
i'm no expert, but it's longer than frequently is provided. should be starting to root, especially with our solid grounds crew.

the concert was scheduled long before they moved the game from saturday to thursday so i'd guess the grounds folks would be happier with 2 weeks but okay with 10 days. payoff of the concert and being the only game on ESPN on a thursday night is worth it (assuming travis or 2 don't get injured)

I’m at a loss.
I was at the concert last night and thought of poor Ryan the turf guy.

Watching so many crappy Soccer field remakes has me worried, but they have already likely stripped it and installed the new field, hopefully with thick turf rolles that can grow together in 10 days.
Not the absolute best plan of attack this close to the game, but gotta trust em

First 7 days for resodding, that’s the most critical period. After that first week, it should be good to go.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Hack journalism is still there and everywhere. I sort of remember that baseball thing with Kiszla, and that was awful. How he is still at DP or in what capacity I don't really know. I don't think Kiz makes the big bucks that he used to. I do know that the media money has dried up across the board with everything going digital, and it is just more competitive than ever. I am amazed that newspapers and tv media, even if online is so very thin these days. Our local Colorado Hometown Weekly is now digital. Less jobs, less money and less stability.
Frankly, less need.

In the past, sports media was the only access point for info on teams, really. I would read any article because there was not that much out there. But it was rarely very good. Now it’s just about getting clicks, so the role of some media is simply looking for problems to magnify for that purpose.

Back