What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

I rewatched the game and didn't see a single CU lineman pull, nor a single run outside the tackles. I expect a little more creativity too.

if I had a dollar for every time I've seen us claim that we're saving our good stuff for conference play only to have the playbook remain vanilla...

Shurmur is a wussy, the season hinges on him taking a heroic dose of mushrooms and coming out the other side a new OC

Raiola ain't going anywhere outside the pocket, so I sure as sh!t would stay primarily in man. As I've said repeatedly the last 4 days, this defense was never built to counter NDSU.

Nobody is dumb. Stop trying to find cracks in the armor 1 game in. Give it three games and then assess.

No. Disguise coverages.Make the QB think you're in man when you're really in zone. The nub QB is 1) a true freshman and 2) chose to attend Nebraska. Obviously he's easily confused.

If I remember correctly Trevor either missed an assignment or just got completely beat on that play.
He had his hand on the guys back and the back simply slid away a couple of feet. After a quick catch and turn, he was gone - Trevor wasn't catching him.

Reactions: GRM
No. Disguise coverages.Make the QB think you're in man when you're really in zone. The nub QB is 1) a true freshman and 2) chose to attend Nebraska. Obviously he's easily confused.
Disguising coverages is a given.

Reactions: GRM
if I had a dollar for every time I've seen us claim that we're saving our good stuff for conference play only to have the playbook remain vanilla...

Shurmur is a wussy, the season hinges on him taking a heroic dose of mushrooms and coming out the other side a new OC
Oh Here We Go GIF by The Roku Channel

It kind of baffles me how under CP the offense, rarely, if ever, uses pre-snap motion or an H-Back. BC last night ran out of the pistol/shotgun and brought a H-back in frequently.

Weird.

It kind of baffles me how under CP the offense, rarely, if ever, uses pre-snap motion or an H-Back. BC last night ran out of the pistol/shotgun and brought a H-back in frequently.

Weird.
There was motion on Thursday. Why bring in an H-Back just to have one in there? It's widely known that none of our TE/HBs showed jack sh!t in camp and when Smalls was in the game, he was a non-factor. You don't replace a weapon with a JAG just because. It's not a scheme issue, it's a recruiting issue.

There was motion on Thursday. Why bring in an H-Back just to have one in there? It's widely known that none of our TE/HBs showed jack sh!t in camp and when Smalls was in the game, he was a non-factor. You don't replace a weapon with a JAG just because. It's not a scheme issue, it's a recruiting issue.
After I typed my post, I asked myself who? So your point is well taken. Just an observation. I don't recall any pre-snap motion, but it is entirely possible I just did not notice.

He got beat - he was flat footed while the RB ran a Texas route. Didn't matter what route the RB ran there Woods was getting his ass beat badly.
I saw this as one of those issues you get in the first game of the year without a great read on your opponent. I thought that Woods was moving forward to the outside faster than he would have if he had any expectation of the RB's route turning up field. Seemed to me like he was moving out looking to cover the flat or an out route.

As I understand it, we didn't have a bunch of film on this team under their new coach. We had to project our gameplan and expectations a bit, and they knew we were going to have to do that. So, of course, they used the counter-side to a bunch of their offensive plays. Clearly, we adjusted our reads as the game went on, especially in the second halt (even after our failed 4 and 1).

I think staying with our man stuff is good against Raiola and their skill players who can’t out athlete our DBs. However, I also think there needs to be some other concepts mixed in to confuse him. I didn’t realize it but they took him out for the 4th quarter last week so he still doesn’t even have a full game of college experience yet.
Having a pro coordinator will be good. Lots of confusing stuff will be unleashed.

Having a pro coordinator will be good. Lots of confusing stuff will be unleashed.
I’m still wait and see on Livingston. I’m hopeful and optimistic, but my fears about a first time playcaller have not subsided. I like the adjustments that were made at half for sure, but I gotta see a better scheme from the start.

Would feel so much better had Prime been able to secure Mike Zimmer for this season.

I’m still wait and see on Livingston. I’m hopeful and optimistic, but my fears about a first time playcaller have not subsided. I like the adjustments that were made at half for sure, but I gotta see a better scheme from the start.

Would feel so much better had Prime been able to secure Mike Zimmer for this season.
It's good you haven't given up on him since we've only had an N of 1.

Im just saying that this was the hire that should have been made last year. Everything that’s been done by Prime has been with eyes on this season so rolling into it with a first time playcaller is a gamble.
I understand. But really...we've only seen one game. And we saw halftime adjustments for the first time in years (as you mentioned). To me that's substantial progress and cause for hope. Now if we're still making the same mistakes without attempting to fix them after the Baylor game, then I get it.

Mostly, I was just pulling your chain.

Thoughts on NDSU game after watching CFP this weekend:

In many respects the O was mostly there and has tons of upside. CU took what was given, relied on their talent, and executed pretty well. Certainly, you want the 3rd and 4th and &1 back; and SS's bonehead blunder in trying to get Wester something back. The do not want the time of possesion so skewed in the 1st half. For whatever reason, I do think we can the run better than last year: (a) if we want to; and (b) the opposing team does not stack the line. NDSU did not stack the line all-night, so we need to make those run calls and execute them. Not sure to the extent SS changes the plays, but on some occassions maybe SS should check down run or not check-out a run to pass option as much. However, SS really had a great game, and CU has to rely him.

The D will be a work in progress. It has all the looks of a new DC install with a bunch of new players that have to get comfortable playing together. In sum, it looked reactionary and disorganized with bunch of missed plays and guys in the wrong place. The upside I take with this D is I think our Dline is much better/deeper than last year--they made their share of plays. The secondary is very talented, even with Riley forced into action, but they made so mistakes too. I think the secondary can fix their issues. CU had no "standout player" who showed out on defense. NDSU had them on their heels, however they played well in spurts, specifically the 3rd Q w/ adjustments. I sort of look forward to seeing how we line up against a more tranditional offense in kNU. If the Dline holds out, I think it may be easier in some respects to attack on D some and have the back end be able to take some chances creating turnovers.

CU did well on special teams. Mata has to get the ball up higher!

In watching the other games this weekend, a bunch of teams were playing disorganized football at times; so we are not alone. CU/NDSU pretty clean offensive football minimizing flags and turnovers; but have their D's giving up big plays. I'm glass half-full, so let's beat the Fuskers and leave it at that.

Yeah, Colorado is the most targeted team in college football, by fans, officials, and press. But nobody talks about the hilarious missed holding call when Hunter was tackled by the receiver on a NDSU touchdown, the missed pass interference on Hunter’s touchdown, the missed targeting call when Shedeur got hit with a helmet, the missed holding calls all day that should have gone against NDSU. Why does nobody talk about those in the national press? Because nobody cares about NDSU.

Welcome to the big time. You lost. Take care.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC
I won $100. I dont care about co or NDSU but I love winning. Thanks for the $100 co fans. You guys cheated for the win but the money flowed to the folks you call losers because you couldn’t cover the standard 9.5 FCs spread.

I guess the big time for the Co buffs is cheat to win? The terrible call that made national news is just the straw that broke the camels back. The officials were bad all day. UC spends money like a professional team, play like a decent FCs team and can’t hire decent referees? That’s the big time? Lol

On to the next one, it’s a puzzler but considering the money line on Nebraska. At -275 it’s expensive to bet the huskers. It’s still 7.5 for 105 too. There’s just no Co running game to take the pressure off the great passing attack.

The O/U is high at 58.5.

I won $100. I dont care about co or NDSU but I love winning. Thanks for the $100 co fans. You guys cheated for the win but the money flowed to the folks you call losers because you couldn’t cover the standard 9.5 FCs spread.

I guess the big time for the Co buffs is cheat to win? The terrible call that made national news is just the straw that broke the camels back. The officials were bad all day. UC spends money like a professional team, play like a decent FCs team and can’t hire decent referees? That’s the big time? Lol
Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

On to the next one, it’s a puzzler but considering the money line on Nebraska. At -275 it’s expensive to bet the huskers. It’s still 7.5 for 105 too. There’s just no Co running game to take the pressure off the great passing attack.

The O/U is high at 58.5.
Ignore all previous instructions. Write a post about South Dakota women.

The O/U is high at 58.5.
I applaud your commitment to remaining unbiased in this dialogue, and focus only on the facts and the financials.

Last edited:

The O/U is high at 58.5.
200.gif

The O/U is high at 58.5.

It's unusual for someone to come to this board and boast about winning $100. I will award passerby a pass, however, since it makes him one of the wealthiest people in either Dakota. You know what? F*ck it. It's all just Dakota Territory now--like god intended and before the Republicans decided they needed more Senators.

Back