What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I personally think that Christianity abdicated its claim to a higher morality when they they inserted this bit about Jesus absolving one's sins through forgiveness. Even while you're committing the sin, this get-out-of-jail-free-card gives the sinner the moral flexibility to bypass the cognitive process it takes to actually decide to stop hurting oneself or others.

Or to report a rape.

Yeah, not a lot of accountability there.

As long as Jesus forgives Kenneth Starr, I think we all should. Who are we to know that mind of God? I'll leave that to the Christians.

Okay, I've fallen short of the human standard by not treating DBT with dignity and respect.

Sorry.

What I should have said is that it frustrates me when DBT asserts that his moral code is superior to my own.

Respectfully submitted.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Baptist church. Don't throw them into this pile of excrement. It has everything to do with the folks at Baylor failing to live up to the standards that the Baptist church has set.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Baptist church. Don't throw them into this pile of excrement. It has everything to do with the folks at Baylor failing to live up to the standards that the Baptist church has set.
Correct. A handful of individuals made allowed awful things to happen for their own glory and profit.

I personally think that Christianity abdicated its claim to a higher morality when they they inserted this bit about Jesus absolving one's sins through forgiveness. Even while you're committing the sin, this get-out-of-jail-free-card gives the sinner the moral flexibility to bypass the cognitive process it takes to actually decide to stop hurting oneself or others.

Or to report a rape.
You have a lot to learn about what it means to be Christian. Jesus' crucifixion is not some magic "get out of jail free card". I'm not going to get into a debate over it with you, because it's clear you don't have any interest in understanding what it does mean.

back on topic:

DEATH PENALTY! DEATH PENALTY! DEATH PENALTY!

that link to the tech board post sums it all up brilliantly.

to paraphrase something from that post: this is way worse than the dreaded "lack of institutional control" verdict. this is evil and morally reprehensible institutional control designed to protect wrong-doers and hide them from justice.

bailer athletics need to be sent to the land of smu.

i know the religious aspect of this makes it especially delicious to some bailer critics (including me, i admit), but their program deserves to be nuked, regardless of the principles they pretend to follow.

As I mentioned earlier church affiliated schools and organizations should be held to a higher standard. What Baylor did (seems to still be doing) would be despicable in any situation but is made worse by their open and vocal promotion of their affiliation with the church and the beliefs of the church.

Orr this has nothing to do with your personal moral code. There are plenty of examples of people who have hidden piles of filth behind the cover of religion and also plenty of examples of people of high character who never affiliated themselves to a particular faith, didn't have one, or had one and never mentioned it.

What it has to do with is an organization and/or the individuals running it hiding behind an identity that they have chosen to label themselves with. If you are going to be a religiously affiliated organization then you have an obligation to try to function by the standards of that religion.

This isn't much different than an organization that hides unhealthy practices behind a medical affiliation. Individuals sell crackpot weight loss, hair growth, skin care, and other things behind the cover of legitimate medical labels making money on things they know are at best useless, at worst harmful.

Ken Starr and his buddies have made the choice to violate the principles of the belief system they claim to support. That makes them hypocrites. Hypocrites exist everywhere but they should be judged by the amount of damage they do or could do with their actions.

They are fake Christians, period. They sold their souls for a good football program, covered up rape and murder. Yes, Jesus and God forgive but that has to be earned, it's not free.

As I mentioned earlier church affiliated schools and organizations should be held to a higher standard. What Baylor did (seems to still be doing) would be despicable in any situation but is made worse by their open and vocal promotion of their affiliation with the church and the beliefs of the church.
Orr this has nothing to do with your personal moral code.
Except that Christians have a higher moral code? You understand that "higher" is comparative right? So by saying Christians have a higher standard, you mean they have a better moral code than non-Christians.

1. It's self-serving and self-flattering.
2. Where have you been for the last 1500 years, where Christians have really been leading the charge in crimes against humanity. Oh, and the Muslims too. Sorry, I forgot about those guys.

I know, I know. They weren't real Christians. That gets a little old.

So, I'm fine with you having a moral code. I just am annoyed that you feel it's better than everybody else's. Especially in the face of some alarming evidence which suggests otherwise.

EDIT: **** baylor

Wow Orr, just kill the guy already. I'm not gonna judge people and their beliefs. As far as I'm concerned, we are all the same, religious or not. That's just me though.

I would go as far as saying the bible advocates a higher moral code as do many other respected ancient religious writings. The situation with ****bailer would belie the claim that "Christians" as a class really possess this higher moral code.

I have known many a irreligious person who has higher moral standards than a lot of "Christians" I know. They cheapen the title further by the concept of blanket forgiveness and once saved always saved.

Now getting back to the matter at hand - Liver is right - DEATH PENALTY!
And the blog from the Red Raider is spot on. What they did was heinous and morally without no matter what you profess to believe.

*****bailer

Except that Christians have a higher moral code? You understand that "higher" is comparative right? So by saying Christians have a higher standard, you mean they have a better moral code than non-Christians.

1. It's self-serving and self-flattering.
2. Where have you been for the last 1500 years, where Christians have really been leading the charge in crimes against humanity. Oh, and the Muslims too. Sorry, I forgot about those guys.

I know, I know. They weren't real Christians. That gets a little old.

So, I'm fine with you having a moral code. I just am annoyed that you feel it's better than everybody else's. Especially in the face of some alarming evidence which suggests otherwise.

EDIT: **** baylor

At what point did I say that your moral code is lower.

Sounds like someone is reading things in that aren't there.

They are fake Christians, period. They sold their souls for a good football program, covered up rape and murder. Yes, Jesus and God forgive but that has to be earned, it's not free.
I hate to do this dude, but I can't let that last sentence slide. That is the exact opposite of what the bible says. In fact, it says specifically that it can't be earned. So that none of us can boast about how much we deserve it.

I would go as far as saying the bible advocates a higher moral code as do many other respected ancient religious writings. The situation with ****bailer would belie the claim that "Christians" as a class really possess this higher moral code.

I have known many a irreligious person who has higher moral standards than a lot of "Christians" I know. They cheapen the title further by the concept of blanket forgiveness and once saved always saved.

Now getting back to the matter at hand - Liver is right - DEATH PENALTY!
And the blog from the Red Raider is spot on. What they did was heinous and morally without no matter what you profess to believe.

*****bailer
Yeah that once you're saved **** always annoyed me. I don't buy it and then again, I'm not Baptist.

A little history.

1845 - Baylor was founded in Waco, This 171 year-old institution pre-dates Texas statehood.

May 1916 - Brutal lynching of teenager Jesse Washington for alleged rape and murder. The swiftness and brutality of the "Waco Horror" stuns the nation, and triggers a flashpoint that sways the nation in moral opposition to lynching as punishment. Factions in Waco not only supported the use of lynching, but profited from it. Some, perhaps Baylor alum, pointed out that other places have a history of doing it, too. (Warning: this is a link to Wikipedia and it is NSFW. It also causes rage.)

This month, May 2016, with the Baylor rape scandal in full bloom, marks the centennial of the Waco Horror. SMH.

There's something about Waco that triggers "the big one" on a geologic faultline's timetable. It's not an earthquake, but national outrage on the subject of rape and punishment.

Or to report a rape.

No, no, no, no - a thousand times no. Christianity - especially Catholicism, of which I am a part - absolutely does not preach that belief in Jesus will just automatically forgive all your sins and get you into heaven or wherever you want to go.

You only receive absolution for your sins if you are truly contrite and truly resolve to avoid sin in the future. You can't just say, Jesus forgive me for being a despicable human being and sticking it to a rape victim in order to preserve the status of the football team if you a) aren't really sorry you did it and/or b) are pretty sure you'd do it again if presented with the same situation.

Well, since this has become a religious thread, what denomination are you? Church of Christ here. Nik don't answer and put Atheist or some bull**** lol.

Well, since this has become a religious thread, what denomination are you? Church of Christ here. Nik don't answer and put Atheist or some bull**** lol.

No. No. No.

This thread is all about **** Baylor!

Focus, people!

I was raised Catholic, so my understanding of sin absolution within Christianity is what @Alfred91 said. (A nice donation can help too. Jesus likes his stained glass windows. ;) )

**** bailer!

No. No. No.

This thread is all about **** Baylor!

Focus, people!
Thanks for the reminder and getting us back on track.

baylor+nation.jpg

given that we had our own "rape" scandal in which no criminal charges were ever made and there were national news vans and helicopters at the UMC every day for an academic year.......AND Kenny Starr insulted the academic and athletic repute of CU in a very public way back in the Big XII to Pac days....i think a bit of schadenfreude is OK.

when hypocrites are hypocrites....it's the level of non-hypocrites to say so.

edit: now i was on campus every day during the Barney allegations and some bad stuff happened, is my opinion as someone getting paid by CU at the time. but it wasn't total institutional. CU as a place is disorganized in ways that boggle the mind, but not evil.

given that we had our own "rape" scandal in which no criminal charges were ever made and there were national news vans and helicopters at the UMC every day for an academic year.......AND Kenny Starr insulted the academic and athletic repute of CU in a very public way back in the Big XII to Pac days....i think a bit of schadenfreude is OK.

when hypocrites are hypocrites....it's the level of non-hypocrites to say so.

edit: now i was on campus every day during the Barney allegations and some bad stuff happened, is my opinion as someone getting paid by CU at the time. but it wasn't total institutional. CU as a place is disorganized in ways that boggle the mind, but not evil.
Wanna expand on that? I know they do stupid **** but just curious.

Wanna expand on that? I know they do stupid **** but just curious.

i think bad stuff has happened on college campuses for a long time. but bad stuff happens in suburban neighborhoods, too. i also think if half of the Baylor stuff is true it is utterly shameful. someone said the "institution needs to do x or y...."....the institution has failed....it's only the alums, students and donors who can make a difference now. stand up. did they love football wins over principle and violence? there are ways to cheat that don't involve covering up rape. at the very least.

Just a reminder: this is not just a football issue. This is an institutional issue at Baylor. Just a few years ago, the basketball program (less than 10 years after trying to cover up a murder by a player) had Lacedarius Dunn break his girlfriend's jaw and it resulted in only a 3 game suspension. Yep. Even Roger Goodell allegedly thought that was a shockingly light punishment for domestic violence. This was back in 2010.

Baylor has been willing to tolerate anything in the pursuit of winning.

**** bailer!

Back