What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

bu-suicide-cfp2.0.gif

Just a reminder: this is not just a football issue. This is an institutional issue at Baylor. Just a few years ago, the basketball program (less than 10 years after trying to cover up a murder by a player) had Lacedarius Dunn break his girlfriend's jaw and it resulted in only a 3 game suspension. Yep. Even Roger Goodell allegedly thought that was a shockingly light punishment for domestic violence. This was back in 2010.

Baylor has been willing to tolerate anything in the pursuit of winning.

**** bailer!

REP if we had it.

Baylor at some point made a decision that sports success was more important than what others would consider to be minimum standards of protecting others. So far they have not only cheated at high SWC levels but have also not only tolerated but tried to cover up and enabled drug dealing, theft, violent robbery, murder, and now multiple individuals committing multiple rapes.

They attempted a PR move in firing the head coach but have kept the assistants that had knowledge and were likely involved and have so far kept the AD and only re-assigned to another administrative position the president despite solid evidence that they at least knew what was going on.

The basketball situation was similar. They only had to fire the coach when the public pressure got to intense and tried their best to avoid holding the administrators above him responsible in that case as well.

The public deserves for the entire report to be made available. What all is in there?
baylor-rape-football-player.png

Just a reminder: this is not just a football issue. This is an institutional issue at Baylor. Just a few years ago, the basketball program (less than 10 years after trying to cover up a murder by a player) had Lacedarius Dunn break his girlfriend's jaw and it resulted in only a 3 game suspension. Yep. Even Roger Goodell allegedly thought that was a shockingly light punishment for domestic violence. This was back in 2010.

Baylor has been willing to tolerate anything in the pursuit of winning.

**** bailer!

Don't forget cruelty to animals at Baylor, too. It's no surprise that animal abuse is a gateway to crimes against humans.

- Live bears used as Baylor mascots hit in the testicles with nunchucks.

- Bear cubs left to die in inadequate habitats

- Dog thrown out of a 3rd floor window by Fmr Baylor president.

- Baseball player shoot, beheads and skins Queso the cat.

Seriously. **** Baylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
At what point did I say that your moral code is lower.

Sounds like someone is reading things in that aren't there.
You know that "higher" necessitates a lower.

So if Christians are held to a higher standard, than everybody else is held to a lower one.

Which is insulting.

All about money to me, winning football just brings more of it. Basketball too. These type of people will do this kind of **** and not miss their tee time.

So if Christians are held to a higher standard, than everybody else is held to a lower one.

Which is insulting.
I can't speak for anybody but me but I just try to be my best everyday. Other people are responsible for themselves. Ill help if asked but you can't live their lives for them.

Which is insulting.

Are you sponsoring a university and associating it with your name and moral values?

If you were, and if your university were to promote a certain value system publicly then yes I would hold you to a higher standard regardless of if that value system had a Christian or some other religious value attached to it.

In our society each person has a right to their own belief system (within the limits of not violating others legal rights of course) and while I hold certain beliefs to be of value I don't consider you to be any less if you don't share those.

If on the other hand you go out and start pushing and promoting a set of moral values then by making them a public issue I have a right to hold you to that which you claim to promote and represent.

A good example of this is the current issue with Bill Cosby. Cosby doesn't hold himself up to be religious. What he has done though is be outspoken about a certain type of morality (sex outside of marriage, divorce, etc.) What he has done is certainly bad enough but in light of his very public statements and the image he has tried to portray the extra ridicule he receives is entirely appropriate.

Are you sponsoring a university and associating it with your name and moral values?

If you were, and if your university were to promote a certain value system publicly then yes I would hold you to a higher standard regardless of if that value system had a Christian or some other religious value attached to it.

In our society each person has a right to their own belief system (within the limits of not violating others legal rights of course) and while I hold certain beliefs to be of value I don't consider you to be any less if you don't share those.

If on the other hand you go out and start pushing and promoting a set of moral values then by making them a public issue I have a right to hold you to that which you claim to promote and represent.

A good example of this is the current issue with Bill Cosby. Cosby doesn't hold himself up to be religious. What he has done though is be outspoken about a certain type of morality (sex outside of marriage, divorce, etc.) What he has done is certainly bad enough but in light of his very public statements and the image he has tried to portray the extra ridicule he receives is entirely appropriate.
I don't think you're getting it. That's okay.

If you profess to be a Christian school with Christian values, you are rightly, in my opinion, held to a higher standard. You are accountable to God. Baylor leadership must reassess their values and mission. One thing that disturbs me is that they've ignored the warning signs for years and now judgement is at hand, I suppose. What's the saying? "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Or something.

I agree. There are those that have a calling to god and its hard to say that anyone in a position of authority at Baylor took that calling seriously enough to put it ahead of the females at the school.

A higher standard? Whatever. Seriously, I'm calling this the stupidest thing you've ever posted.

I disagree.

Waco Tribune publishing garbage. While we're not excusing rape per se, let's take a look at the behavior of these women and acknowledge that they are also at fault here. Are you ****ing kidding me? WTF?

Whoah.

In other words: those whores should have known better than associating with our rapist athletes.

Inexcusable how these women were treated. I hope one them becomes a Senator, Congressman, and cuts Baylor off from Fed money of any kind. At the least I bet there is a damn good Title IX case to be had.

Good to know that CU is not the bench mark on this issue anymore.

Waco Tribune publishing garbage. While we're not excusing rape per se, let's take a look at the behavior of these women and acknowledge that they are also at fault here. Are you ****ing kidding me? WTF?

"Never prouder to be a Bear"
-Raymond McLeod Jr
Are you ****ing kidding me, Ray?

Whoah.

In other words: those whores should have known better than associating with our rapist athletes.

Yup, if you have no other answer blame the victims.

I agree that at times college age young women may sometimes make poor decisions that put them in dangerous situations but the thing that is supposed to separate us from the animals is our ability to reason and control our behavior.

The moment you start saying that a woman doesn't have an absolute right to say no at any point in the process is when we start down a nasty slope into a place I don't want us to go.

I wonder if these clowns would think the same way if it were their sister, wife/girlfriend/daughter getting raped by someone who isn't an athlete.

Is there any behavior a woman could engage in, any place she could be, any thing she could wear, any degree of drunk or drugged she could be at, any level of turned on by her you might be... which would cause you to rape her? As a man, would you think you were partly to blame if you went out drinking & dancing with the result being that a guy (or several guys) raped you?

And that's the bottom line. All of that stuff is irrelevant because a reasonable person doesn't rape... period. Victim blaming and shaming is disgusting.

gawd, these people are awful, awful. hurting someone, letting it happen, covering it up, making excuses for it.

**** bailer to hell forever. infinity.

Frankly I was thinking the same about you, and that's okay as well.
Perfect. We'll agree to not understand each other. Your Bill Cosby example was completely misaligned, in my opinion.

You seem to believe that Baylor SHOULD have a higher standard, because they're Christian institution. Why? I would expect any academic institution to protect its students from violent predators, regardless of affiliation.

Do you also believe that Bill Cosby SHOULD have a higher standard because, because...actually, I don't know what the **** you were talking about there.

I get that Bill Cosby is a hypocrite because he pretended to be one thing, and behaved another. And I get that Baylor's leadership was hypocritical because they claimed one thing and behaved another way.

I simply reject the notion that because you claim to be a Christian you SHOULD be expected to behave better than non-Christians. Saying that suggests that Christians have a higher moral code. I'm not sure why you can't see that.

Shouldn't all people treat other people respectfully? Not just Christians? We all have the same responsibility in my opinion.

I would accept this if we were talking about abortion, pre-marital sex, drinking, or dancing with a member of the opposite sex. But this is rape and sexual assault. There is no higher standard to hold than not to **** someone against their will. Christian, Babtist, Pastafarian or otherwise, you don't do it and you don't let someone else do it and cover it up.

Those that claim to "hold themselves to a higher standard" just hold themselves out for higher ridicule as hypocrites and self-righteousness.

Orr, this isn't that hard. Baylor wants the world to think that they have some kind of moral superiority. This has nothing to do with Christian vs non Christian. Baylor likes to put ITSELF on a moral pedestal. If they're going to put themselves there, then damn right, they'll be held to a higher moral standard than, say, CU, who never claimed any kind of high moral ground to begin with.

We aren't holding Baylor to any standard that they haven't already established for themselves.

Orr, this isn't that hard. Baylor wants the world to think that they have some kind of moral superiority. This has nothing to do with Christian vs non Christian. Baylor likes to put ITSELF on a moral pedestal. If they're going to put themselves there, then damn right, they'll be held to a higher moral standard than, say, CU, who never claimed any kind of high moral ground to begin with.

We aren't holding Baylor to any standard that they haven't already established for themselves.
Sackman, this isn't that hard--that isn't what DBT said at all. DBT said this:

If you profess to be a Christian school with Christian values, you are rightly, in my opinion, held to a higher standard.

This statement clearly correlates "Christian values" with a "higher standard".

Let me try this. If you attend a secular school, I believe you should be held to a higher moral standard than if you attend a Christian school. Would that not be an offensive statement to you?

It's the standard that Baylor is establishing for themselves, though. To DBT's point - " if you profess to be a Christian school with Christian values" is the salient point, here. It's the set of standards that they set for themselves that's the issue. Christians have, by definition, a set of moral standards that they are supposed to live by. If they're going to establish that criteria, then yeah, absolutely they're held to a higher standard. CU doesn't tell anybody it operates under any kind of ethical code other than what law dictates. And that's fine.

The real issue, and maybe this is hidden somewhere in this discussion and I'm not seeing it, is that under no set of moral standards is what happened at Baylor acceptable. I might hold Baylor to a higher standard than CU, but I wouldn't accept that kind of behavior anywhere, regardless. Basically, I could claim that the standard for Baylor students is to not drink alcohol, based on the standard they set for themselves. I'd never make that claim about CU students. What happened at Baylor goes way, way beyond any acceptable set of standards. Maybe that's your point, I don't know.

Back