What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Anyone who is a long term Bailer fan (all two of them) is probably a little disconcerted right now. I hope they all get really self righteous and force the administration to self impose some serious restrictions on the team/coaches.

Unfortunately, this will come with a side of martyrdom that will be annoying - and it will be brought out against any school that has athletic success. "We KNOW what it takes to win big, and we decided that the price wasn't worth it," this line will be delivered in such a way as to make it very clear that they are morally superior to everyone else, and that every school that wins achieves success by covering up rape and murder.

The condescension will be palpable: we don't win and that's OK, because we know that winning = rape, and we won't do that, and it makes us sad that you're willing to do that in order to have a good football team.

But suffering through that self righteous martyrdom will be better than another innocent women getting raped by those assholes.

**** Baylor.

This makes me nauseous. Spinning it like he did nothing wrong, he only resigned because the Baylor community needed a new cast of characters for the healing process to be sped up, his last act as AD was to hire a white knight to be the football coach and help the healing, and of course this path only became clear to him after praying about it. :sick:

What's your problem, dude? It's about the rapist-enabling journey, which he prayed on.

I think the majority see it that way. There's a vocal minority on the **** bailer message boards who defend everything and blame anyone from outside the program they can think of. But even within that superfan crowd, most seem to be decent folks who get it. At least if we're talking about the fans who have actually been fans since before 2013 (which is actually a small minority of **** bailer fans).

The Normalization of Deviance. Those inside an organization that go along with rather than oppose a problem pattern. In this case rapes were not prevented, in the PSU case a pedophile was allowed to harm minors, in other cases people actually died.

But those outside taking a fresh look can see the pattern very quickly.

Bailer is just weird. It's a mix of humble, nerdy, Christians who tend not to really follow sports closely, mixed in with a minority that conform to the worst stereotypes of white, suburban, hypocritical, power hungry, fratty or big haired, Texas Baptists. In fact, I can't think of a single bailer grad I've met that doesn't fit perfectly into one of those circles. Guess which group ends up running the university and its booster clubs?

I still think that place needs to be nuked from orbit, but I do feel sorry for the first group. Their team was miserable for decades, and as soon as they got good, they find out those wins came on the backs of rapists and their co-conspirator coaches.
And then you have the Waco locals, and their meth-fueled fandom. Its the perfect combination for a sleazy program to strive. It also helps to be in the shadow of Austin and DFW, flying below the radar.

The focus at **** Bailer has been on the athletic department, but there seems to be a bigger issue at Bailer. Have any of you guys seen/read the following;

http://musingsofstef.blogspot.com/2016/02/i-was-raped-at-baylor-and-this-is-my_4.html

My sister is married to a **** bailer grad, and I can normally get an opposing view out of him. When I asked him about the situation, he said he thought there needed to be a bigger clean up. Ken Star needs to be fired, and they need to completely revamp their Title IX office to actually function properly.

If the Title IX law suit looks outside of the athletic department, it looks like they might find a campus culture where that is stuck in 1960's thought and actions.

The focus at **** Bailer has been on the athletic department, but there seems to be a bigger issue at Bailer. Have any of you guys seen/read the following;

http://musingsofstef.blogspot.com/2016/02/i-was-raped-at-baylor-and-this-is-my_4.html

My sister is married to a **** bailer grad, and I can normally get an opposing view out of him. When I asked him about the situation, he said he thought there needed to be a bigger clean up. Ken Star needs to be fired, and they need to completely revamp their Title IX office to actually function properly.

If the Title IX law suit looks outside of the athletic department, it looks like they might find a campus culture where that is stuck in 1960's thought and actions.

I think that just might be the case. The vibe I'm getting from **** bailer folks is that if a woman goes out drinking and dancing, she's asking for it at least a little bit. And if she actually goes over to a guy's home, she's asking for it a lot bit.

I think that just might be the case. The vibe I'm getting from **** bailer folks is that if a woman goes out drinking and dancing, she's asking for it at least a little bit. And if she actually goes over to a guy's home, she's asking for it a lot bit.
What if she's asking you to go fishing?

When the Title IX law suit looks outside of the athletic department, they will find a campus culture where that is stuck in 1960's thought and actions - and it will cost them millions.
FIFY.

I hope this continues to blows up and disgusts everyone in the world outside of Waco enough to completely destroy any "brand" value Baylor may have ever had.

What I really hope happens is that the rest of the Big12(10) realizes that:

Value Baylor adds to conference < Value Houston adds to the conference

Nobody deserves that whether they are drunk or not. She was a virgin too it appears, that's ****ed up.

It would be interesting to know under what circumstances a member school would be kicked out of the Big 12. I'm guessing it would take a lot, but bailer has done a lot of stuff.

Regarding the comments that the young ladies actions played some part in this ... we should have seen this coming. You had to know some yahoo would try to place fault somewhere other than their team.

This will be unpopular, but I remember some of the same type comments during the CU non-scandal.

Are the situations different? Oh, ABSOLUTELY (all caps for affect, not yelling).

There are young ladies whose lives are forever changed, they are mentally and emotionally scarred. My heart goes out to them. I hope they find justice and peace.

But you can bet there will be more blame deflecting to come. Media, blogs, you name it. We'll see it from the wackos in Waco.

It would be interesting to know under what circumstances a member school would be kicked out of the Big 12. I'm guessing it would take a lot, but bailer has done a lot of stuff.
It might be legally difficult (in a fulfill the technicalities sort of way), but in practice all it would take is the 9 other schools saying "you're out," and then starting to treat them like the social rejects they are - even if the Big 12 never actually fulfills all of the legal technicalities, they could make Baylor's life in the Big 12 so miserable that they'd end up voluntarily leaving.

It might be legally difficult (in a fulfill the technicalities sort of way), but in practice all it would take is the 9 other schools saying "you're out," and then starting to treat them like the social rejects they are - even if the Big 12 never actually fulfills all of the legal technicalities, they could make Baylor's life in the Big 12 so miserable that they'd end up voluntarily leaving.

As long as they can keep collecting the checks from the B12 they aren't leaving no matter how bad it might get. They have put up with Texas this long, what could the league do that would cause them to give up 10s of millions of $$$ a year. No other league that pays close to that much is going to take them and at the core this comes down to money.

Also we are talking about the core of the old SWC, the cheatin' est conference in the history of college football, yes even above the SEC. How would they justify throwing somebody out.

They would be a lot better off if they just admitted to what they did, cleaned house, and made a show of starting fresh.

while it maybe the right move, it makes it a lot hard to defend a lawsuit when you take this approach.

As long as they can keep collecting the checks from the B12 they aren't leaving no matter how bad it might get. They have put up with Texas this long, what could the league do that would cause them to give up 10s of millions of $$$ a year. No other league that pays close to that much is going to take them and at the core this comes down to money.

Also we are talking about the core of the old SWC, the cheatin' est conference in the history of college football, yes even above the SEC. How would they justify throwing somebody out.
The justification for throwing them out is easy:
The $$$ Baylor adds to the conference < The $$$ Houston adds to the conference.

I think you're not being creative with how ****ty they could start treating Baylor (including in ways that cost BU money). Really ****ty scheduling (not just for football, but all sports), can cost BU a lot of extra travel money.

"Oh geez, we're so sorry, but the only way to make the schedule work was to have the team play in Lubbock on Friday and Martinsburg on Sunday."

"Oh shoot, we're sorry but in order to make our TV commitments, you're going to have to play all your home games on Thursday and Friday night, but it's ok, the PAC 12 has agreed to take the early night slots half the time, so you'll get to kick off at 10pm 3 times this year!"

"Did we really schedule the conference tournament in every sport to correspond with your mid-term or final exam schedule? Wow, what are the odds of that happening?"

"It really is strange that every time any of your teams visits another school, the local town has some sort of event going that drives up hotel prices - man, that just sucks."

"Oh, ooops, we forgot to include this weekend night in our negotiations with the hotel this year - we're so sorry, but it appears they are almost out of rooms, and they're charging triple their usual rate for them."

"Oh, we're sorry, we accidentally sold tickets to the normal visitors' section, but we've got a bunch of single seats spread around the upper deck that we can arrange for you."

"There were students partying outside your teams' rooms last night? We'll look into that for you. Oh, and the band started practicing right outside at 6:00 am, hmm, I can't imagine how that happened."

"What's this little paragraph we added to the TV distribution agreement? Oh, you don't need to worry about that, it just says that every time an athlete rapes someone, that school's distribution is lowered by $1 million, and if the AD tries to cover up the crime, it's lowered by an additional $2 million. You can't really complain about that can you?"

"Well, maybe you can complain, because those distribution reductions happen in the year following conference discovery of the crimes - we're instituting them immediately, with the first reductions to be taken out of 2017 distributions."

It will be interesting to see how the long term ****bailer brand suffers. Right now, it is getting killed from the 16 commits leaving and the 17 class dropping. I sure as hell would not sign my kids letter of intent to go there and explain to them that the program is going to be under a microscope going forward. You make one mistake and it could ruin your life at this institution. Go somewhere else where you can grow, be successful and not have every move or mistake you make as young adult be hashed out in the press. The caliber of athlete we are talking about will have many other options and not sure why any would take the risk of going to ****bailer.

Ped state still packs a stadium after young boys were raped in their showers. The ability of us fans to obfuscate the actions of "our respective team" never ceases to amaze me. I want to yell at someone every time I see Nitany Lion shirt or cap.

Ped state still packs a stadium after young boys were raped in their showers. The ability of us fans to obfuscate the actions of "our respective team" never ceases to amaze me. I want to yell at someone every time I see Nitany Lion shirt or cap.
I can't "like" this post, but will give symbolic rep. How anyone supports Pedo State is beyond me. The same now goes fro Baylor.

What I believe @Liver is trying to say is **** bailer. Because **** bailer. It's important for CU fans to stay on **** bailer topic. This has been one of the greatest **** bailer things to ever happen in the history of **** bailer and we should be enjoying this **** bailer moment. Why? Because **** bailer.
I think you missed a **** Bailer in there somewhere

I can't "like" this post, but will give symbolic rep. How anyone supports Pedo State is beyond me. The same now goes fro Baylor.
I have a good friend who is a Perv St. alum. Great guy. I listened with my jaw hanging down when he went off on how Joe Pa was so unfairly treated and there was no way anybody knew what was going on and how they should restore the wins and remove the sanctions, etc. It was a weird conversation.

And symbolic rep to both of these.

Pedo State didn't even seem to get a serious downward bump among their fans, and somehow they think they are the victims.
:puke::bang:

while it maybe the right move, it makes it a lot hard to defend a lawsuit when you take this approach.

Agree, gives the plaintiffs attorneys a lot to work with.

I think/hope that their dragging feet on this will in the long run end up costing them a lot more money.

If they would simply admit it and clean house they could claim that they made poor choices in leadership but are now changing things. If they keep dragging their feet the attorneys in arguing for punitive damages can argue that not only did it go on with the knowledge of the university leadership but that they have not taken the needed steps to change it and thus must be forced to pay the price financially.

Then the next case or wave of cases (and on a college campus unfortunately some will always happen) the plaintiff argues that had substantial action been taken their rape may not have happened. This becomes open the checkbook time.

Back