What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I'm starting to feel a twinge of pity for Jim Grobe. I don't think he had any idea the magnitude if the ****storm he was walking in to.

The current problem with **** Baylor is that they desperately want this problem to go away.

They don't want to take the steps necessary to actually solve the problem, they just want it gone.

This was my favorite part from the article.

During a press conference last Friday, Grobe told reporters about his vision for his players: "My main goal right now is to make sure that they do all the good things off the field. They know there's absolute no tolerance policy right now, zero tolerance for misbehavior."

Right now there is a zero tolerance policy!...later when this blows over you can go back to rapin.

b1de8bf3d807263ccbb2788b7674b23b.jpg

This was my favorite part from the article.

During a press conference last Friday, Grobe told reporters about his vision for his players: "My main goal right now is to make sure that they do all the good things off the field. They know there's absolute no tolerance policy right now, zero tolerance for misbehavior."

Right now there is a zero tolerance policy!...later when this blows over you can go back to rapin.

Old swc mentality. Duck for cover when the attention gets hot and heavy. Pop back up and start doing the same crapola when no one is looking.

I'm starting to feel a twinge of pity for Jim Grobe. I don't think he had any idea the magnitude if the ****storm he was walking in to.
I thought he was supposed to be the good guy coming in, but according to his own words, he's as clueless as anyone else on that campus.

Instead, Baylor has decided the perfect solution to calls for transparency is to create more bureaucracy or, in this case, a bunch of committees, the favorite tool of government agencies that want you to know they are thinking hard about something without doing much.

Calls for transparency will go unheeded for obvious reasons. Full transparency would likely lead to lawsuits that would bankrupt the Baptist Church.

rumors that Briles is more suspended than fired are bubbling on Baylor's 247 and the main rivals board. A shag poster lays down terms where big cigars are money whipping the BOR. Talk about hubris!

"I was just told this by a big donor at Baylor that the top 5 big donors (John Eddy Williams, Drake McLane and others) gathered the top 25 donors for Baylor and they all signed a petition saying they will not give Baylor another $1 if Art Briles in fired.

Briles has been suspended but not fired according to this source.

The proposal is Briles is suspended a year w/ pay and his paycheck goes to charities of rape victims none to Briles. Briles must attend complete several Title 9 classes throughout the year.

2017 Briles would return as head coach of the Baylor Bears.

The board voted this week to terminate Briles 18-15. They will re-vote next week."

rumors that Briles is more suspended than fired are bubbling on Baylor's 247 and the main rivals board. A shag poster lays down terms where big cigars are money whipping the BOR. Talk about hubris!

"I was just told this by a big donor at Baylor that the top 5 big donors (John Eddy Williams, Drake McLane and others) gathered the top 25 donors for Baylor and they all signed a petition saying they will not give Baylor another $1 if Art Briles in fired.

The proposal is Briles is suspended a year w/ pay and his paycheck goes to charities of rape victims none to Briles. Briles must attend complete several Title 9 classes throughout the year.

The board voted this week to terminate Briles 18-15. They will re-vote next week."
I just threw up. This is honestly disgusting logic

I think it shows just how desperate bailer fans are. They're in the "negotiating" phase right now.

If bailer doesn't outright Fire Briles, the lawsuits will cripple them. Their Regents, who should be privy to the details of the report, should know this.
He gone.

I don't think it would really matter. I was talking with a friend who has a son that was recruited there and he claims they have a 1.3 billion dollar endowment.

I don't think it would really matter. I was talking with a friend who has a son that was recruited there and he claims they have a 1.3 billion dollar endowment.
I'd be surprised if that was the case. Wasn't Stanford the first to reach a billion just a few years ago?

On the bright side, if true, this should put bailer back in the media spotlight where their dirty texas baptist ways belong.

giphy.gif

**** bailer!!!

If ever there truly was a case for the death penalty....
It was Penn State. If the NCAA can't stand up for minors being raped in th team showers, they certainly aren't going to do it for Co Eds outside of team facilities. We are no better than the Romans sending Christians to the lions.

It was Penn State. If the NCAA can't stand up for minors being raped in th team showers, they certainly aren't going to do it for Co Eds outside of team facilities. We are no better than the Romans sending Christians to the lions.
Maybe... but this so clearly benefits the football team, and it is also clear that there is no remorse or compassion

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Wasn't Stanford the first to reach a billion just a few years ago?

On the bright side, if true, this should put bailer back in the media spotlight where their dirty texas baptist ways belong.
I have no clue. You know how honest Bailer is.

Let's not be so hasty in saying this is a bad development- it puts Baylor in the position of having to serve their big money donors OR look good in the public eye. Let's say they retain Briles- applications plummet, acceptance rate goes up, academic rankings go down, so applications decline, etc.

Alternatively, they fire Briles and their top 25 donors follow through and withhold money- they can't afford perks for the athletes, much less facility upgrades, etc. Could it be bad enough tthat they'd have to default on some of the bonds they issued for the new stadium?

The possibilities are delicious.

Back