What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

If they bring AB back, it will be like a bullet through the head after botching the open heart surgery. Nobody will want their daughters going there. Most everyone, except the bailer FB uber alles crowd, will see them as a rogue institution a al Miami of the mid eighties to mid nineties....we know how that ended.

I think it shows just how desperate bailer fans are. They're in the "negotiating" phase right now.

If bailer doesn't outright Fire Briles, the lawsuits will cripple them. Their Regents, who should be privy to the details of the report, should know this.
He gone.
But at least they'll have donors to pay the settlements!

I don't think it would really matter. I was talking with a friend who has a son that was recruited there and he claims they have a 1.3 billion dollar endowment.
Lots of leases have been willed to bailer over the years. I bet they're filthy rich.

**** bailer

Chipper is reporting this morning that the regents will decide today if Art is fired or if they will let him off with a 1 yr suspension. If the NCAA had any stones at all they would allow them to reinstate him, and promptly hand down the death penalty. "your not going to fire him ? well he isn't going to be coaching ****, we just shut you down"

Chipper is reporting this morning that the regents will decide today if Art is fired or if they will let him off with a 1 yr suspension. If the NCAA had any stones at all they would allow them to reinstate him, and promptly hand down the death penalty. "your not going to fire him ? well he isn't going to be coaching ****, we just shut you down"
Has the ncaa said anything about this?

Has the ncaa said anything about this?

Seems like the NCAA and the B12 commish are too busy cashing their huge checks to be bothered by what can conveniently be defined as a simple legal matter that is beyond their authority to impact. It's not like this scandal is causing any short term revenue impacts, and therefore couldn't possibly be a priority.

Here we go:
Apparently, Baylor didn't even have a Title IX coordinator from 2011-2014. So now the Regents and others are thinking that it's really Ken Starr's fault and that Briles & staff simply didn't get taught the rules like they were supposed to be. So they're going to vote on bringing him back for 2017.

**** bailer!!!

Emboldened by the lack of legs the story has so far, bailer has slithered back under the same rock. I hope they're held publicly accountable.

BaylorFans!

If BU goes on the offensive, it can be handled. Media is going crazy regardless. Many don't think Briles deserved to take the fall for this. Many don't believe this is more than 1 bad apple who sits in prison right now (Elliott) and a few opportunistic 'victims'. I firmly believe the victims here are Chafin, Oakman, Briles, McCaw, Starr and all the good baylor people who have had their beloved school painted by the media while their admin sat their silently. Baylor silence has created this frenzy...Baylor speaking out and defending themselves is the only way to play this and should have been since the outset.

Seems like the NCAA and the B12 commish are too busy cashing their huge checks to be bothered by what can conveniently be defined as a simple legal matter that is beyond their authority to impact. It's not like this scandal is causing any short term revenue impacts, and therefore couldn't possibly be a priority.

Both the NCAA and the B12 have been amazingly silent on this issue, not a peep. Like Baylor they are just hoping it goes away, in the age of the internet I don't think it is going to go away.

Considering the lack of action on the part of the NCAA with this case, the Pedo State case, and some other cases in which students and/or juveniles were victimized without the NCAA taking significant steps to prevent future occurrences I am waiting for somebody or group of somebodies in the House of Representatives to make "cleaning up college sports" their personal and political crusade.

When this happens, and which politician in their right mind (meaning not from Nebraska or an SEC state) is going to oppose legislation to prevent children and young coeds from being raped, the hammer is going to come down. Federal funds will be tied into a package of regulations and requirements that are going to be very hard for even fairy clean programs to meet.

Baylor may not be the trigger, Texas legislators are not anxious to get themselves on the wrong side of the Baylor and the college football supporters but as soon as we have an incident, even much smaller, in a state that is not as college football mad Baylor and Pedo State become the examples that are legislated against.

Apparently Brock Turner is transferring to Baylor, might have to sit out a year do to transfer rules, but I think they are trying to get a waiver.

So, how do you feel about this if you're Grobe?
If he's a decent coach, he'll win a good amount of games this year with a talented roster, and then parlay it into a HC job at another P5 program in 2017 (assuming Briles is back). I think it's a win-win situation for him, honestly.

It's not a win-win for Grobe, IMO. There are a ton of land mines in front of him and it will be very easy to step on one.

It's not a win-win for Grobe, IMO. There are a ton of land mines in front of him and it will be very easy to step on one.

It gives him a nice payday though.

It also puts his name high on the list of potential coaches for other jobs following this year, I don't think he was there coming in so for a guy who wants another shot at running a major program it may be worth doing.

Elaborate. He has to keep the program and his players clean for one season, in this scenario. I guess if he remains the HC at Baylor for 2017 and beyond, it isn't necessarily a "win" for him, as he'll likely have to deal with years of clean up and bad stigma around the program, but he's still the HC at a current top 3 Big 12 program making a lot of money.

Here we go:
Apparently, Baylor didn't even have a Title IX coordinator from 2011-2014. So now the Regents and others are thinking that it's really Ken Starr's fault and that Briles & staff simply didn't get taught the rules like they were supposed to be. So they're going to vote on bringing him back for 2017.

**** bailer!!!

A complete mockery of anything right and just. The justifications and excuses just keep streaming out of Waco. The transparency of their actions are ridiculous. Shame on the Big12 and NCAA for not figuring out a way to force some accountability on this.

And of course ****bailer!

Elaborate. He has to keep the program and his players clean for one season, in this scenario. I guess if he remains the HC at Baylor for 2017 and beyond, it isn't necessarily a "win" for him, as he'll likely have to deal with years of clean up and bad stigma around the program, but he's still the HC at a current top 3 Big 12 program making a lot of money.
Every kid who asks for a release from his LOI and doesn't get one is going to blame Grobe. He will be interviewed hundreds of times in the next year. One slip of the tongue. One misstep. One quote taken out of context and he's radioactive.

Every kid who asks for a release from his LOI and doesn't get one is going to blame Grobe. He will be interviewed hundreds of times in the next year. One slip of the tongue. One misstep. One quote taken out of context and he's radioactive.
I don't think he cares. He has been retired for two years, is 64 years old, and doesn't sound like he was really looking for a job. This falls in his lap, he pads his bank account with seven figures, and goes back to golf, or wood working or whatever it was he was doing.

I don't think he cares. He has been retired for two years, is 64 years old, and doesn't sound like he was really looking for a job. This falls in his lap, he pads his bank account with seven figures, and goes back to golf, or wood working or whatever it was he was doing.
Exactly. It's like hiring a retired VPOTUS for some PR help. Take the money, nothing is going to stick to Grobe at this point.

It's entirely possible that he doesn't care. And in that sense, I guess it's a No-lose situation. If he wants to do something else, though, there are a lot of risks associated with taking the bailer job now.

So, how do you feel about this if you're Grobe?

Devil's advocate. Betrayed!

He was hired to replace Briles and have a chance to win the job.

Now he knows that the BOR and Baylor think very little of him. His players and assistants will disrespect him as a mere substitute until the time Briles is allowed his triumphant return.

And he has to deal with the fall-out of 43-years from operating without a viable T9 apparatus at a time where the school is under a microscope.

Every fan base on the schedule will be chanting "no-means-no".

Grove's failure to release 2016 NLOIs will dominate the summer.

It's a basic crappy situation only made tolerable by whatever bank he earns. No matter how much it is, it's not enough to swim neck-deep in Baylor's poop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back