What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

9 wins ever year is just above mediocre?

Solich got fired for 9 wins a year.

After Callahan they are a little more accepting of 9 wins a year, still not happy.

That 9 wins should only count as 6-7 wins though because they always have 2-3 paid losers on the OOC schedule each year.

This should guarantee that Pelini is back. I like that. He should keep them just above mediocre while providing a lot of entertaining meltdowns.
Pelini was coming back win or not today. He coached a team with mostly Fr. and Sophs. on defense, and with an offense as beat up as any around. They used 2nd and 3rd string Qbs, the front line was taped together with no one knowing for sure who the starting front 5 were going to be until minutes before the games started. It would take exceptional coaching by anyone to get 9 wins out of this team. Pelini and his staff did it in spite of some dumb ass Husker naysayers. Like him or not his seat just got a whole lot cooler today. Maybe in 2018 Nebraska and Colorado can play a hard fought game. Can't wait to see some of you 'efers in Lincoln. Well those that aren't to old by then.

Pelini was coming back win or not today. He coached a team with mostly Fr. and Sophs. on defense, and with an offense as beat up as any around. They used 2nd and 3rd string Qbs, the front line was taped together with no one knowing for sure who the starting front 5 were going to be until minutes before the games started. It would take exceptional coaching by anyone to get 9 wins out of this team. Pelini and his staff did it in spite of some dumb ass Husker naysayers. Like him or not his seat just got a whole lot cooler today. Maybe in 2018 Nebraska and Colorado can play a hard fought game. Can't wait to see some of you 'efers in Lincoln. Well those that aren't to old by then.

We're forever 35 around these parts.

Whew... those "artists" destroyed the national anthem. If they actually have talent they certainly left it on the sideline today. Rosie O'donnel might have been slightly better.

Do the organizers of sporting events ever actually listen to the people they choose to sing the anthem of our nation?

Now, I have to go chase down the dogs and get them back in the house. They couldn't stand it either.

Rose Bowl is always special. Too bad this year's game featured one of the worst performances of the national anthem ever.

Whew... those "artists" destroyed the national anthem. If they actually have talent they certainly left it on the sideline today. Rosie O'donnel might have been slightly better.

Do the organizers of sporting events ever actually listen to the people they choose to sing the anthem of our nation?

Now, I have to go chase down the dogs and get them back in the house. They couldn't stand it either.

Somebody probably paid to have them sing the anthem as a promotion for the movie they are in. From the sounds of their singing that's a movie I will ignore even when it shows up on cable, which probably won't be long.

Stanford OL is kicking ass. MSU's DL is one of the best, if not the best, in the nation.

Be interesting to see how MSU and OSU do in the B1G's major bowls. If they both lose, as expected, it's going to look bad for that conference. Not mentioned much in the talk about the B1G's poor performance is that both Rutgers and Maryland also lost.

I don't like using bowl games as a measure of a conference. But in this case, I think we're looking at a conference that was bad early and after so much talk of it being awful, the B1G actually became underrated. Then, as a bunch of its teams got bowl eligible by beating one another and a couple rose to the top, the B1G actually became overrated at the end of the season.

Realistically:

1. SEC
2. Pac-12
3. Big 12/B1G/ACC - take your pick. ACC had the best teams at the top, the Big 12 the best top half, and the B1G was the best bottom half.

The one thing that rings thru my mind watching these comercials is that your mom started in a garage.*

*i do not, by this statement mean that any specific AllBuffs poster's mom started in a garage, maybe some of the husker lurkers, just that is the phrase that rings thru my head when I hear that Cadillac comercial.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see how MSU and OSU do in the B1G's major bowls. If they both lose, as expected, it's going to look bad for that conference. Not mentioned much in the talk about the B1G's poor performance is that both Rutgers and Maryland also lost.

I don't like using bowl games as a measure of a conference. But in this case, I think we're looking at a conference that was bad early and after so much talk of it being awful, the B1G actually became underrated. Then, as a bunch of its teams got bowl eligible by beating one another and a couple rose to the top, the B1G actually became overrated at the end of the season.

Realistically:

1. SEC
2. Pac-12
3. Big 12/B1G/ACC - take your pick. ACC had the best teams at the top, the Big 12 the best top half, and the B1G was the best bottom half.

That's all I like to do. I recognize the limitations for applying that world view to individual games, but I think when you look at conference trends (not just Ws and Ls, but also point spreads), across the board, it can be telling.

That's all I like to do. I recognize the limitations for applying that world view to individual games, but I think when you look at conference trends (not just Ws and Ls, but also point spreads), across the board, it can be telling.

If some of these conferences would actually play some OOC games against legit teams from other conferences you would have something else to use. As it stands just look at the OOC schedules of the majority of B1G and SEC teams. I don't give teams credit for greatness because they beat up on Bethune-Cookman or Northern Iowa.

The bowls are often the only valid measure we have to work with.

Stanford - Michigan State had one of those game changing plays on the last drive. Furd had an easy interception that was dropped, bouncing into the hands of a MSU receiver. Sparty went on to drive for a touchdown.

Games swing on a handful of plays like that. Instead of a 10-7 Stanford lead right now, we could be looking at momentum in Stanford's favor and them driving to make it a 3-score game. Huge.

Stanford - Michigan State had one of those game changing plays on the last drive. Furd had an easy interception that was dropped, bouncing into the hands of a MSU receiver. Sparty went on to drive for a touchdown.

Games swing on a handful of plays like that. Instead of a 10-7 Stanford lead right now, we could be looking at momentum in Stanford's favor and them driving to make it a 3-score game. Huge.

I thought the same thing at the time of the play. The PI call also turned it into a 3 point game instead of a 7.

Still likely that Stanford wears them down and beats them but them by a decent margin but had Stanford gone up by 17 the game would have been effectively over. Stanford wasn't going to Coug it.

Momentum just turned back to Stanford. MSU can't afford to give away points.

Man, maybe it's the unis, but every guy on Stanford looks like a clone. Even the QB looks like a linebacker.

Man, maybe it's the unis, but every guy on Stanford looks like a clone. Even the QB looks like a linebacker.

Hopefully that's where Forman has the Buffs in 2 years in terms of the eyeball test.

Back