What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Needs To Find House 1 Mile From Campus

You're probably right. He was looking outside the city for a house with more privacy. But, this one is pretty private and close to campus and great place to entertain and the timing seems right.

This one would be perfect for him:

You're probably right. He was looking outside the city for a house with more privacy. But, this one is pretty private and close to campus and great place to entertain and the timing seems right.

It has been posted here that his net worth is roughly $40M. Putting $10M+ into real estate in Boulder would be a MASSIVE bet on his part.

I would would expect he's looking more in the $5M range, assuming he still owns other properties.

Coach Prime?

I know it’s basic and boring as **** but I will convert my place to a white house black trim monstrosity if it will double the home’s value.

I am not guessing. That said, South facing on Sunset would be perfect for CP, it looks into Folsom, and has incredible unobstructed views of the Flatirons.

That house on Juniper is insane. CP didn't entertain it, but did look at others on the same street.

for anyone not from most of california, nyc, or other exalted zip codes, the bigger is better thing is quite real. over the years, i have witnessed friends, colleagues, and employees literally weep at what their buying power is like in a premium location.

some cannot get over it. those that do start to understand the glories of living where others spend their weekends and vacations and dreaming of living.

even smaller in town in the price range he is likely looking at is going to be more than enough to entertain and impress. it probably won't have a gilded pool with his logo on the bottom. but, everyone is different.

beach, mountain, culture, community, quality/ease of life and work. rinse, repeat. if you can get some of all of it at once, bonus.

for anyone not from most of california, nyc, or other exalted zip codes, the bigger is better thing is quite real. over the years, i have witnessed friends, colleagues, and employees literally weep at what their buying power is like in a premium location.

some cannot get over it. those that do start to understand the glories of living where others spend their weekends and vacations and dreaming of living.

even smaller in town in the price range he is likely looking at is going to be more than enough to entertain and impress. it probably won't have a gilded pool with his logo on the bottom. but, everyone is different.

beach, mountain, culture, community, quality/ease of life and work. rinse, repeat. if you can get some of all of it at once, bonus.
This. I can walk to Chautauqua in five minutes, campus in seven and Pearl street in twelve or thirteen. Do I sometimes wish I had a bigger house (and a garage)? Often. But I don't understand the appeal of homes over 2500 feet.

It would be so cool if Prime gave into the appeal of location. I guess it's not for everyone.

This. I can walk to Chautauqua in five minutes, campus in seven and Pearl street in twelve or thirteen. Do I sometimes wish I had a bigger house (and a garage)? Often. But I don't understand the appeal of homes over 2500 feet.

It would be so cool if Prime gave into the appeal of location. I guess it's not for everyone.
I think it's simply not understood by most people that move here from areas that don't have such restrictive development policies. They see the difference in size and location, and the value proposition of having twice as much house for half the price in Erie become real.....until the market turns again. That said, that doesn't seem to be the case for CP (at least not entirely). He seems to be working from a different set of criteria.

He's also making 5 million a year from CU (really 6) and is probably guaranteed 15 million post tax dollars from this contract no matter what happens. Then you add in all his other income sources and yea, he can afford it without it being too big a problem.

Maybe some people just like more space. Maybe some people don’t like 7 ft ceilings and small bathrooms. Maybe some people have 3-4 kids and a couple dogs. Maybe some people want a big garage. You guys make it seem like wanting a larger personal residence is the eighth wonder of the world.

Maybe some people just like more space. Maybe some people don’t like 7 ft ceilings and small bathrooms. Maybe some people have 3-4 kids and a couple dogs. Maybe some people want a big garage. You guys make it seem like wanting a larger personal residence is the eighth wonder of the world.
Why are you so sensitive about all your wasted space you don't use and spend money and time cleaning?

Why are you so sensitive about all your wasted space you don't use and spend money and time cleaning?
Ha, surprisingly just had to get one new bedroom set to fill our guest room. There’s 900 sq ft of partially finished basement that needs to be furnished at some point, but that’s years down the road when we decide to finish it out. Also, got a surprise with baby2 due in September, so really not going to be a ton of extra space, regardless.

Anyways, I just find it strange that some people can’t fathom the desire for more space. I totally get not wanting it for yourself, but it’s really not hard to understand why it’s appealing.

Ha, surprisingly just had to get one new bedroom set to fill our guest room. There’s 900 sq ft of partially finished basement that needs to be furnished at some point, but that’s years down the road when we decide to finish it out. Also, got a surprise with baby2 due in September, so really not going to be a ton of extra space, regardless.

Anyways, I just find it strange that some people can’t fathom the desire for more space. I totally get not wanting it for yourself, but it’s really not hard to understand why it’s appealing.
Might be time to get you neutered.

To be clear, that’s not the point being made (not by me anyway). Except for a few markets across the country, people that move to Boulder experience sticker shock when trying to get their “ideal home”, so they often go looking for their ideal house outside of Boulder. Nothing wrong with that. But given that this is the largest investment that many people make, the last 50 years tell us that it’s almost impossible to lose money on a home in the City of Boulder, and chances are that you will make a lot of money over time. Once people understand the dynamics that drive this, they tend to readjust their criteria to find something that works for them in the City. CP obviously has the means, but he and his family clearly have experienced this sticker shock, but that seems to be only part it.

I just love that area where you live. One of the few inland places that I know well where I would be completely comfortable and feel at home. I live a five minute walk to the sand in coastal Orange County. Similar housing prices. I ain't gonna move, but if I decided to leave CA, the neighborhood near CU would be near or at the top of the list.

Day trip to Vail from Boulder is just one of many options on that level from which to choose.

Can any college location in the country offer anything close within day trip range?

Day trip to Vail from Boulder is just one of many options on that level from which to choose.

Can any college location in the country offer anything close within day trip range?
According to Deion, the short trip to Vail "changed my life." He earlier said that he had never really been in snow before. Deion Jr. posted earlier that he had never seen real mountains before. What?

Follow this principle in any real estate you buy and it is really hard to get screwed regardless of what state you buy in.

Congratulations! At least i hope your surprise is considered a celebratory event.

Congrats!

According to Deion, the short trip to Vail "changed my life." He earlier said that he had never really been in snow before. Deion Jr. posted earlier that he had never seen real mountains before. What?
I remember that video. Seems incredible that in his professional football career he never experienced snow.

A Coach Prime celebration baby!

Poor timing though. Hopefully the hospital has Pac12 MTN.

Congrats!

Back