What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Needs To Find House 1 Mile From Campus

35 minute commute this time of day, which will be the same traffic when he goes in early/stays late.

Yeah - probably just an empty late or a scrape in 2016. Zillow estimating value at $2.2M, but they have a hard time being accurate for these types of properties.

It’s actually a really pretty drive if you cut through Hygiene and avoid the Diagonal completely. Almost zero traffic no matter what time of day and the roads are well maintained. He won’t even have to deal with (gasp!) the actual city of Longmont.

If Prime or Shadeur is reading this: don’t speed through Hygiene. It’s a speed trap. When I lived in that side of town and still had to commute to Boulder, I’d take that route and there was a cop there at least once a week.

Congrats to Coach on a nice home to live in and what a cool view from the Shower and Tub!
Will do well for parties and Shadeur can throw in the backyard to Travis Hunter as much as he wants to.
Glad he is bought in

Still feels wrong.
If someone owns a home in his or her real name in a town smaller than about 1/2 million and unless his or her name isn't hyper common (a la William Smith) you can probably find the address on Whitepages and read a detailed sales history of the property on Zillow or Realtor within an hour. And if the county in which the property is located has its Clerk and Recorder's office real property records online, you can do things like find and read the existing mortgage(s) if they have any, etc.

This stuff has always been public but now with the internet it's fast. It's pretty helpful when you're in the housing market to know what the seller paid for the place and when they paid it.

In some cases it can be kind of nosy/voyeuristic but it's the new world.

If someone owns a home in his or her real name in a town smaller than about 1/2 million and unless his or her name isn't hyper common (a la William Smith) you can probably find the address on Whitepages and read a detailed sales history of the property on Zillow or Realtor within an hour. And if the county in which the property is located has its Clerk and Recorder's office real property records online, you can do things like find and read the existing mortgage(s) if they have any, etc.

This stuff has always been public but now with the internet it's fast. It's pretty helpful when you're in the housing market to know what the seller paid for the place and when they paid it.

In some cases it can be kind of nosy/voyeuristic but it's the new world.
I get that it’s possible to find this information if you’re determined to do so, but a fan message board posting the home address of our head football coach to satisfy some people’s curiosity still feels inappropriate.

Also I’d note that one of the rules on this site is “do not reveal personal information about other people on our forums”. Note it says “other people” not “other posters”.

I get that it’s possible to find this information if you’re determined to do so, but a fan message board posting the home address of our head football coach to satisfy some people’s curiosity still feels inappropriate.
I understand that. If I was a public figure I'd have an LLC and always buy any real property in the name of the LLC, just for a layer of anonymity.

Also I’d note that one of the rules on this site is “do not reveal personal information about other people on our forums”. Note it says “other people” not “other posters”.
I agree, but there is something to be said for the fact that he allowed his new home to be posted on his sons social media page that gets hundreds of thousands of views, which is the only way it was found.

Regardless of the ease of finding this info on other sites, not going to have it posted here for anyone to find. If I missed anything, point me in the direction of an identifying post.

I understand that. If I was a public figure I'd have an LLC and always buy any real property in the name of the LLC, just for a layer of anonymity.
It ain't that hard to find. But I'll keep that to myself.

LLC usually doesn't work. In some states you must identify the owner. Others, you always identify a manager.

The best way to do this stuff is to acquire in a revocable trust with a random name, and have someone else (like a business manager) act as trustee (because that person is named on the deed).

Thank goodness it's a gated community.
The Great Escape Baby GIF
200.gif

It ain't that hard to find. But I'll keep that to myself.

LLC usually doesn't work. In some states you must identify the owner. Others, you always identify a manager.

The best way to do this stuff is to acquire in a revocable trust with a random name, and have someone else (like a business manager) act as trustee (because that person is named on the deed).
True. I like your trust idea. When we formed our little LLC back in Colorado years ago you had to physically go down to the Secretary of State's office and do it in person. If someone wanted to find the principals who owned the LLC they had to go to the SOS office and look through records. As with so much now, it can probably be researched online.

It's just a layer and not an insurmountable one if someone is very determined. Also, it's good to use a P.O. Box for a lot of stuff too, i.e. on your checks, etc. (I still write checks). The goal is to have a few speed bumps to discourage the casual dishonest/nosy folks, knowing that unlimitedly you're not going to deter an avid party who's hell bent on finding you.

Damn. Boulder soo expensive our rich af HC has to commute 35 mins to find a reasonable home

My buddy had a house on that street and sold out because it was too far from everything. It’s all of 35 minutes and a pita. Weird choice.

My buddy had a house on that street and sold out because it was too far from everything. It’s all of 35 minutes and a pita. Weird choice.
It’s five minutes to Safeway, Starbucks, liquor stores, Baskin Robbins, gas stations, car washes, etc. what did your friend want to do?

It’s five minutes to Safeway, Starbucks, liquor stores, Baskin Robbins, gas stations, car washes, etc. what did your friend want to do?

It’s not five minutes, but there’s zero:

1. nice restaurants
2. Entertainment of any type
3. Nice stores of any type

yes, there’s a grungy old Safeway! The north end of longmont isn’t nice. There are some nice pockets of homes. But nowhere to go. I guess he could get a car wash though.

Prime needs to be closer to Boulder and a jet airfield.

I doubt he and his lady will do much shopping or dining out either way. But many who moved out there, such as my buddy were tired of it quickly.

Last edited:
Back