What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Needs To Find House 1 Mile From Campus

It’s not five minutes, but there’s zero:

1. nice restaurants
2. Entertainment of any type
3. Nice stores of any type

yes, there’s a grungy old Safeway! The north end of longmont isn’t nice. There are some nice pockets of homes. But nowhere to go. I guess he could get a car wash though.

Prime needs to be closer to Boulder and a jet airfield.

I doubt he and his lady will do much shopping or dining out either way. But many who moved out there, such as my buddy were tired of it quickly.
Coach Prime doesn’t seem like one that lacks for entertainment options, but maybe that’s just me.

My buddy had a house on that street and sold out because it was too far from everything. It’s all of 35 minutes and a pita. Weird choice.
My in-laws lived in St. Augustine, Florida for about a decade. They were in a community, just like dozens of other communities that dotted that swampy landscape (clubhouse, pool etc...).

The thing that was most surprising about the arrangement to me, was that we would all pile into a car three or four times a day and drive somewhere (breakfast, shopping whatever). And it ALWAYS took 45 minutes, even if it wasn't far. I don't know why it took 45 minutes to get anywhere, but it's something that I noticed.

As someone who walks or bikes nearly everywhere, and considers getting into a car a chore (I have to drive down to the Springs this morning, and I'm dreading it) I found it fascinating that driving was so prevalent in the culture (my father-in-law is a big-time road biker, and it would never occur to him to bike to a destination).

I'm speaking from a narrow experience, and I don't know how widespread the "I don't mind being in my car all of the time" culture is in Florida; and I don't know if it's part of Prime's cultural experience either. I'm just sharing that in my Florida experience, people don't seem to mind being in a car all.the.****ing.time. And I'm wondering that drive even seems like a pain-in-the-ass at all to Prime.

My in-laws lived in St. Augustine, Florida for about a decade. They were in a community, just like dozens of other communities that dotted that swampy landscape (clubhouse, pool etc...).

The thing that was most surprising about the arrangement to me, was that we would all pile into a car three or four times a day and drive somewhere (breakfast, shopping whatever). And it ALWAYS took 45 minutes, even if it wasn't far. I don't know why it took 45 minutes to get anywhere, but it's something that I noticed.

As someone who walks or bikes nearly everywhere, and considers getting into a car a chore (I have to drive down to the Springs this morning, and I'm dreading it) I found it fascinating that driving was so prevalent in the culture (my father-in-law is a big-time road biker, and it would never occur to him to bike to a destination).

I'm speaking from a narrow experience, and I don't know how widespread the "I don't mind being in my car all of the time" culture is in Florida; and I don't know if it's part of Prime's cultural experience either. I'm just sharing that in my Florida experience, people don't seem to mind being in a car all.the.****ing.time. And I'm wondering that drive even seems like a pain-in-the-ass at all to Prime.
Your current living situation is ideal minus the trade off regarding what you know to be a smaller house that would be preferred for your current family situation.

Most Americans trade for the bigger house and accept driving as the reality.
Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Experiencing our “urban” townhome in Silverthorne has enlightened me to the benefits of being able to walk or bike to pretty much anything besides skiing and it will impact my next decision on a primary house, but you basically increase the cost per square foot by 2x at a minimum, so there are trade offs to consider.

Based on how his Dallas area residence is way out in the country and the fact that his Jackson house was on a significant chunk of land, it isn't surprising that he opted to get away from the crowds. He mentioned in the video he had room for the dogs to run and how he enjoyed the peacefulness of the views. He is a country boy at heart.

True. I like your trust idea. When we formed our little LLC back in Colorado years ago you had to physically go down to the Secretary of State's office and do it in person. If someone wanted to find the principals who owned the LLC they had to go to the SOS office and look through records. As with so much now, it can probably be researched online.

It's just a layer and not an insurmountable one if someone is very determined. Also, it's good to use a P.O. Box for a lot of stuff too, i.e. on your checks, etc. (I still write checks). The goal is to have a few speed bumps to discourage the casual dishonest/nosy folks, knowing that unlimitedly you're not going to deter an avid party who's hell bent on finding you.
usually a simple Goggle search will list Llcs and owner/operator name.

Little BuffUp, my son, wants your lifestyle. He has no desire to drive, wants to walk/bike to everything.

usually a simple Goggle search will list Llcs and owner/operator name.
Interestingly enough, I just tried that and our LLC in Colorado didn't come up but a few with the same name in other states did. I think to find us you'd have to first go to the Colorado Sec of State website, but that's easy to do and your overall point is well taken.

No one gets everything they want in a home. Deion did buy this home so he made his choice. I just hope he’s happy with it and not resentful he has to have a decent commute due to Boulder real estate being ridiculous

My commute is 18 minutes, 11 miles, Prime's will be 32 minutes and 20 miles. Not going to be an issue. Plus by his own admission he is at the facility around 5 am, traffic is pretty non-existent then.

1. nice restaurants

yes, there’s a grungy old Safeway! The north end of longmont isn’t nice. There are some nice pockets of homes. But nowhere to go. I guess he could get a car wash though.

I doubt he and his lady will do much shopping or dining out either way. But many who moved out there, such as my buddy were tired of it quickly.
Prime values solitude. He doesn’t care about all of that ancillary stuff.

No one gets everything they want in a home. Deion did buy this home so he made his choice. I just hope he’s happy with it and not resentful he has to have a decent commute due to Boulder real estate being ridiculous
I’m pretty sure that he embraces that half hour of “alone” time heading into work. That was part of his calculation looking for a home. He didn’t buy where he did because of Boulder’s real estate costs.

I will reiterate- the commute into Boulder from there is a very pleasant drive. Zero traffic at just about any time of day. He can, if he chooses to, actually drive past an actual herd of Buffalo. The commute is a non-issue and in fact is probably a lot nicer than the commute he is used to in places like Dallas and Jackson. If he needs a really good restaurant or a high end grocer (God forbid he slum it at Safeway), that’s all less than 15 minutes away. No, he can’t walk there. I honestly don’t get the impression that’s a problem for him.

I will reiterate- the commute into Boulder from there is a very pleasant drive. Zero traffic at just about any time of day. He can, if he chooses to, actually drive past an actual herd of Buffalo. The commute is a non-issue and in fact is probably a lot nicer than the commute he is used to in places like Dallas and Jackson. If he needs a really good restaurant or a high end grocer (God forbid he slum it at Safeway), that’s all less than 15 minutes away. No, he can’t walk there. I honestly don’t get the impression that’s a problem for him.
Based on his physical limitations at this point in his life, and the fact that he rides a bike around the CC, I don't think he's trying to walk anywhere. Also, Boulder is not conducive for people who want a lot of space with no neighbors as he has been vocal about since he got here, so the idea that he was ever trying to live a mile from campus seems far fetched.

I’ll also add that every coach since McCartney has commuted into Boulder. Barnett lived about a half mile from where Prime lives. Hawkins, Embree and Dorrell all commuted from Lafayette. I honestly don’t know where Tucker lived. He could be the exception.

I’ll also add that every coach since McCartney has commuted into Boulder. Barnett lived about a half mile from where Prime lives. Hawkins, Embree and Dorrell all commuted from Lafayette. I honestly don’t know where Tucker lived. He could be the exception.
I believe tucker was Louisville or Lafayette but he was definitely not in Boulder.

Mac lived in Gunbarrel so I count that as “commuting to Boulder”

Read the thread for Tucker's address

(Yes, I think we / OP should change title and move to Barzil)

I was Coach Mallory's milkman (Watts-Hardy) 1 year. Very nice guy, family drank a lot of milk. Lived N side of Arapahoe, maybe 1.5 miles before the Lafayette 'Memorial' at the intersection.
I'm guessing the majority of folks here never heard of him. Pretty good coach, but we shot the moon to get chucky fairbanks, and those blue uniforms his daughter wanted

I was Coach Mallory's milkman (Watts-Hardy) 1 year. Very nice guy, family drank a lot of milk. Lived N side of Arapahoe, maybe 1.5 miles before the Lafayette 'Memorial' at the intersection.
I'm guessing the majority of folks here never heard of him. Pretty good coach, but we shot the moon to get chucky fairbanks, and those blue uniforms his daughter wanted
Darth Vader Father GIF by Star Wars

Cool memory, with a BuffLuke writing style as a bonus.....

1. nice restaurants

His house in MS was something like 45 minutes out from JSU, and he easily could have afforded a home in Jackson. Same is true with his ranch outside of Dallas. Some people (especially celebrities) want to be removed from it all so that they don't have randos just creeping on them. He seems quite happy with his new home, which makes me happy.

Last edited:
I believe tucker was Louisville or Lafayette but he was definitely not in Boulder.
Tucker lived in White Hawk Ranch (Boulder address), 10 minute commute to work straight down Arapahoe
Mac lived in Gunbarrel so I count that as “commuting to Boulder”
McCartney lived in a neighborhood right off 287 (immediately west of the Erie town limit), MacIntyre lived in WHR also

Barnett was actually much closer in....close to the Boulder Rez. Embree lived in one of the coolest areas of Boulder (Above White Cliffs, just off 95th....absolutely incredible views up there, and I think he might even still own that home).....also happens to be about 1 minute from where Neu lived

Okruch lived in Superior and came into the Coffee shop, Zoies, I worked at every morning in 2000. Cool story, I know.

Have you considered getting a driver?

Back