What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football 10/31

From Carolina's opening post...

"Michigan State at #13 Michigan, noon Fox
Sooo, who is everyone pulling for in this one?? "

:ROFLMAO:

Michigan just so underwhelming. How much longer is Harbaugh going to get?

Perfect example of the recruiting vs coaching debate. Lights out recruiting, ****ty coaching.

Theyre ranked #13, will probably pull this game out, and remain ranked the rest of the season.

This is a data point for recruiting over coaching, imo

So I know that MSU **** the bed last week against Rutgers with 7 turnovers, but I find it funny that the perception now is that Michigan is overrated and poorly coached. MSU rebounding from an embarrassing debut for MT, and being on the verge of beating a more talented Michigan team doesn’t fit the “Mel Tucker is overrated and not a good game day coach” narrative apparently

Moved down to the hotel lobby / bar area to watch end of the Clemson/BC game and then the VT game.

Hotel staff getting ready for a shift change -- got my order in before my heavy pour girl took off. (y)

Michigan doing a great job of running out the clock. Trouble is that they are down by two scores.

Those here criticizing Harbaugh have a point. He has severely underperformed his talent.

If I was motivated enough this year to do an other games thread the B1G would be providing a lot of content. Lots of stories there, most of them bad.

I think Harbaugh's struggles to get to the next level speak more to the challenges at Michigan than Harbaugh being overrated.

This. I think there are a lot of similarities between Michigan and LSU.

I never thought I'd say this: I think Indiana might be the best team in that league not named Ohio State.

I think Harbaugh's struggles to get to the next level speak more to the challenges at Michigan than Harbaugh being overrated.
His struggles are that he has been getting kicked hard by tOSU.

Michigan has challenges? They are able to recruit top 10 most years, have huge financial support, a compliant administration.

By most standards he has done well but by Michigan standards considering the resources and expectations he hasn't done the job. They expect to be in contention for the B1G title and to win their share against the Buckeyes. While he has had three seasons that finished 10-3 they have no playoff berths, no Rose Bowls and have been losing to Ohio State.

This. I think there are a lot of similarities between Michigan and LSU.

I never thought I'd say this: I think Indiana might be the best team in that league not named Ohio State.
How weird is this year. Either Indiana or Rutgers is going to be 2-0 and tied for the lead after this week. And a good chance that Penn State is 0-2.

Possibly the most insular mindset in college football.
I know the definition of "insular", but it's not a word I use and wouldn't think that applies to Michigan. mind expanding on that when you get a chance? not disputing you, just curious from where you're coming on this.

I know the definition of "insular", but it's not a word I use and wouldn't think that applies to Michigan. mind expanding on that when you get a chance? not disputing you, just curious from where you're coming on this.
They’ve been outside of national/conference title consideration for the vast majority of the last 20 years. They’ve blamed their failures on the lack of “Michigan Men” running the show. There’s literally a “Michigan Man” running the program now and they’re still not in the running for conference and national titles.

Possibly the most insular mindset in college football.

And how does being insular affect their ability to take things to the next level? As noted they recruit at a high level and they certainly have the resources

Back