What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football 10/31

I think Harbaugh's struggles to get to the next level speak more to the challenges at Michigan than Harbaugh being overrated.
Is it possible the issue is unrealistic expectations? I get how big of a deal the Ohio State game is, and the Michigan coach is expected to win his fair share of those. But other than that, I’m seeing 10-3, 9-4, a “down” year of 8-5. Is Michigan really a better team than that in 2020?

Is it possible the issue is unrealistic expectations? I get how big of a deal the Ohio State game is, and the Michigan coach is expected to win his fair share of those. But other than that, I’m seeing 10-3, 9-4, a “down” year of 8-5. Is Michigan really a better team than that in 2020?
What do they not have that Ohio State does, for that matter they have some years behind Wisconsin and Penn State as well.

Nobody is saying they should be Alabama or Clemson but they have everything needed to at least occasionally beat Ohio State and be the top team in the B1G.

I could buy that if they had trouble recruiting but that's not the case
Since we’re talking about elite production, finite degrees of separation matter. As long as tOSU, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, OU, etc. are all willing to almost always make recruiting more important than academics, this is a barrier to championship success for Michigan. It’s not like Michigan has been terrible under Harbaugh. They just haven’t been good enough to win big. Academic standard bearing on their admin’s part is a major factor.

The guy has won big at two different levels of college football and in the NFL, but he is clearly the problem?
Oh, wow. I honestly assumed you were being sarcastic. I’m not sure how a coach at the 4th highest-grossing athletics department In the nation is at some sort of disadvantage. Especially coming from a fan of a PAC12 team.

Cash out at 99 percent now?
He never came back to me with a counter after our last discussion about the future, so the bet is live as originally bet. I’m supposed to call from him on Tuesday after he does this week’s collections. I’ll bring it up then.

I’m always confused when people say big 12 football is entertaining. Is there scoring? Yes. But this game between Texas and OSU is some awful offensive planning and strategy. The whole offense is just toss ups

Since we’re talking about elite production, finite degrees of separation matter. As long as tOSU, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, OU, etc. are all willing to almost always make recruiting more important than academics, this is a barrier to championship success for Michigan. It’s not like Michigan has been terrible under Harbaugh. They just haven’t been good enough to win big. Academic standard bearing on their admin’s part is a major factor.

This makes sense. I recall between hearing in interviews and reading an article during the last recruiting cycle that all the top programs all have their fair share of 3 and 4-star players, but what separates all the "very good" programs from the elite ones are the 5-star guys because there are so few of them. Also in there was a stat that tOSU has more 5-star players than the rest of the B1G combined. And I forget the exact numbers but the majority of 5-star guys were signing with a handful of programs (tOSU, Bama, Clemson, UGA)

I’m always confused when people say big 12 football is entertaining. Is there scoring? Yes. But this game between Texas and OSU is some awful offensive planning and strategy. The whole offense is just toss ups
Okie state taking advantage of UT’s refusal to bracket or play over top of Wallace, or press on corner.

okie State’s DBs are very active. Creating problems fir Sam E.

UT46 is a complete stud. Bottling OSU30.

I’m finding the strategy interesting. But, then again, I like this Pokes team

OSU has a damn good defense

Edit: And then they get a roughing the kicker call. Both teams just killing themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers. This is why this conference is so overrated every single year

I'll take the road and W.

next week, we get CU football. Life is good.

Back