What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Random thought, but Jon Embree was introduced in person the last time we played CSU at home. His replacement could very well be introduced Dec. 5th vs CSU. Crazy

Murray State gets the win at Lipscomb, Murray St now 5-1 on the season. Road wins are always nice, regardless of opponent

Colorado State beats Northern Colorado in Fort Collins, 85-69. Rams now 5-0 on the season, with only a visit from Evansville on Dec. 1st standing between them and their trip to CU.

Kansas has been struggling all night to put away San Jose State at Allen Field House.Said it before and I'll say it again, this KU team is hardly invincible, folks. Very good team, but they have their flaws. Currently 64-57 with just a couple minutes remaining

Edit: KU 70 SJSU 57, final. The reality is that the game was closer than the score indicates. KU padded the score in the final minute.

Last edited:
Our #19 Colorado Buffaloes (5-0) take on Texas Southern (1-5). We have faced Texas Southern many times in recent years, including last year, and in the NIT First Round two years ago. They've lost to teams such as Michigan State and Northwestern this season, with their lone win coming over Louisiana-Lafayette. Currently, they're coached on an interim basis by ex-Indiana coach Mike Davis (took Indiana to the NCAA Championship Game in 2002). However, look for Texas Southern to start picking up wins and coming on strong once they get into conference play. Anything less than a comfortable win for the Buffs would be a cause for concern. Let's get the W, hit the boards hard, and continue to cut down on turnovers and make our FT's in order to be ready for a huge game at Wyoming Dec. 1st

Looks like none of our opponents are in action tonight -- just the Buffs and a host a ACC/B1G Challenge games. If you want something to root for, hope that #18 NCSU loses at #3 Michigan and that #14 North Carolina loses at #1 Indiana, so that it helps CU's chances of continuing to move higher up the rankings

Lots of games involving CU opponents tomorrow:

Dayton (4-1) takes on Weber State (2-1). Need the Flyers to start racking up the wins

Wofford (2-5) takes on Winthrop (2-2). Need Wofford to start getting some W's.

Arizona State (4-1) faces Arkansas Pine Bluff (1-4).

Utah (4-1) travels to SMU (6-1). This would be a huge win for the Utes.

Fresno State (3-2) faces Southern Illinois (3-1)

Air Force (5-1) takes on Jackson State (0-3)

#9 Arizona (3-0) hosts Northern Arizona (2-3)

Wyoming (6-0) travels to USCB (2-3)

Stanford (4-3) hosts Seattle (2-1)

Washington State (3-3) hosts Idaho (1-3)

UCLA (4-2) hosts CS-Northridge (6-1)

Washington (2-3) hosts Saint Louis (3-2)

I'll be updating throughout the night as the results of our opponents come in:

Wofford (3-5) defeated Winthrop 70-55. Nice win for them.

Nice win, Wofford.

#13 Michigan State is about to lose at Miami. Does CU jump them in the polls if we win at Wyoming?

Dayton falls to 4-2 with a 62-61 home loss to Weber State. UGH. Exactly the type of **** we do not need to happen. Very disappointing from an RPI standpoint.

Nice win, Wofford.

#13 Michigan State is about to lose at Miami. Does CU jump them in the polls if we win at Wyoming?

With #13/14 Michigan State losing tonight, #13/14 North Carolina getting their doors blown off last night, and #18 North Carolina State losing last night, there is ample room to continue our rise up the polls if we win at Wyoming. Granted, I'm hesitant to talk about moving up the polls given our performance last night. But, hey, at least we were able to win. We could have ended up like Dayton tonight...

With #13/14 Michigan State losing tonight, #13/14 North Carolina getting their doors blown off last night, and #18 North Carolina State losing last night, there is ample room to continue our rise up the polls if we win at Wyoming. Granted, I'm hesitant to talk about moving up the polls given our performance last night. But, hey, at least we were able to win. We could have ended up like Dayton tonight...

We can talk about it. It's the team that should be thinking about nothing except how pissed they are at their last performance and wanting to make a statement against the team that punked them in the Keg last year.

We can talk about it. It's the team that should be thinking about nothing except how pissed they are at their last performance and wanting to make a statement against the team that punked them in the Keg last year.

Love what Tad told them after the game "We play like we did tonight, and we're going to go from 6-0 to 6-4 in the blink of an eye." Again, I think last night can be a major positive. We needed this wake up call, and it came in the form of a win. Best scenario.

Boise State giving #11 Creighton all they can handle in Omaha right now, btw.

Love what Tad told them after the game "We play like we did tonight, and we're going to go from 6-0 to 6-4 in the blink of an eye." Again, I think last night can be a major positive. We needed this wake up call, and it came in the form of a win. Best scenario.

Boise State giving #11 Creighton all they can handle in Omaha right now, btw.

Boise State got the win at #11 Creighton, 83-70. So that's now #11 Creighton, #13/14 Michigan State, #13/14 North Carolina, and #18 NC State ahead of the #19 Buffs that have all lost this week. A win at Wyoming would likely take the Buffs near 15th, folks. Exciting times.

Arizona State moves to 5-1 with a 67-54 home victory over Arkansas Pine Bluff.

Utah falls to 4-2 with a 62-53 loss at Larry Brown's SMU.

Both of these teams are bad, but I think they're both improved. They won't be quite the guaranteed W's they were last year, at least on the road. They are going to catch a few Pac teams having an off-night when they visit Tempe and SLC

Fresno State falls to 3-3 with a 57-54 loss on the road at Southern Illinois. It goes without saying that this is a road game we absolutely must win.

Air Force improves to 6-1 with a 76-47 home win over Jacksonville State. Hope they continue to find success this year. They're that rare breed of MWC basketball team that doesn't annoy the **** out of me.

Fresno State falls to 3-3 with a 57-54 loss on the road at Southern Illinois. It goes without saying that this is a road game we absolutely must win.

Air Force improves to 6-1 with a 76-47 home win over Jacksonville State. Hope they continue to find success this year. They're that rare breed of MWC basketball team that doesn't annoy the **** out of me.

:lol:

Wyoming ​improves to 7-0 with a 68-40 win at UC-Santa Barbara. However, the fact that this 2-4 UCSB team is by far the strongest competition they've faced gives you a sense of just how ridiculously light their schedule has been thus far: Western State, North Carolina Central, South Dakota, Southern, Northern Colorado, Cal State Bakersfield and UCSB. Still, they're a solid team and we all remember what they did to us in Boulder last season having faced almost the exact same schedule. We'd better come to Laramie ready to play because Larry Shyatt is a very good coach.

Washington State improves to 4-3 with a 64-55 home win over neighbor Idaho. Cougs clearly in that bottom 3 in the Pac along with Utah and Arizona State

#9 Arizona improves to 4-0 with a 93-50 win in Tucson over Northern Arizona, who falls to 2-4. The Lumberjacks might be our big blowout opportunity of the year, although after last night, let's not assume anything.

Stanford gets to 5-3 with a 68-57 victory over Seattle. The score is misleading -- this was an extremely competitive game and Stanford actually trailed throughout much of it. To me, Stanford looks like they'll finish about 5th in the Pac, IMO
I know, I know, conventional wisdom suggests they should finish higher based on what they return, but for those of you not yet aware: there's a limit to where Johnny Dawkins can take you. I know it's ridiculously early to be talking about Dance resumes, but I have a feeling they may come to regret not being able to pull off a victory against Mizzou or Minnesota last week, and that loss to Belmont will do them no favors.

#24/NR UCLA bounces back from their humiliating loss to Cal Poly to post a 82-56 win over Cal State Northridge and improve to 5-2 on the season. They've got a HUGE game against #21/23 San Diego State next, a game that will go a long way in telling us whether the Bruins are going to fall apart, or if they're going to be able to fight through the adversity and remain a contender.

Washington improved to 3-3 with a 66-61 win over Saint Louis in Seattle. Decent win for the Huskies. Saint Louis is facing adversity of their own with Majerus retiring, but they are still a solid program and contender in the A-10. Still think the safe bet for the Huskies is ~7th in the Pac this year.

Last edited:
Very little going on in regards to CU opponents Thursday night:

5-1 Oregon takes on 3-2 UT-San Antonio in Eugene

2-3 Hartford travels right down the road to 2-5 Yale.

The best comment postgame was from Dre. Mark Johnson asked him what Tad said to the team after the game and he responded with "the NCAA saved you all because you're not allowed to practice tomorrow".

Thank you very much CVille. This is a good thread and your updates are greatly appreciated. Rep!

Hartford improves to 3-3 with a 60-51 win over intrastate opponent Yale. Worth noting that Hartford will be making the trip out to Tempe to play Arizona State on Dec. 5th. Buffs face Hartford on Dec. 29th.

Only other game involving CU opponents tonight is Oregon vs Texas-San Antonio a little later on.

Unrelated to CU, but Notre Dame beat #8 Kentucky 64-50. Been quite a while since we've seen the 'Cats held to 50 points. Wow.

Thank you very much CVille. This is a good thread and your updates are greatly appreciated. Rep!

:yeahthat: THE TOP RECRUITING CLASS in the country and UK loses by 14 ???? UNC has two ugly losses??? WTF??? Gonna be a strange year in NCAA hoops.

:yeahthat: THE TOP RECRUITING CLASS in the country and UK loses by 14 ???? UNC has two ugly losses??? WTF??? Gonna be a strange year in NCAA hoops.

You know the world has turned upside down when it's legitimately possible CU could be ranked ahead of UNC, Michigan State and Kentucky in coming weeks.

Oregon improves to 6-1 with a 95-78 home win over Texas-San Antonio. Oregon's remaining OOC schedule is weak (@ UTEP, and a home game against Nebraska are the two "toughest") There's a decent chance we'll see the Ducks heading into conference play at 12-1 overall and ranked in the top 25. They're an intriguing team - I think they *could* finish as high as 3rd in the Pac-12 if everything clicks and they avoid the injury bug, etc.

Last edited:
Tonight:

Oregon State (4-1) takes on #10 Kansas (5-1) in "neutral" Kansas City.

Utah (4-2) travels down to San Marcos to play at Texas State (3-3)

Back