What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Arizona ​improves to 6-0 with 63-55 win over Southern Miss (6-2) in Tucson. Note to Buff fans, Southern Miss is Larry Eustachy's old school. He builds winners.

Wyoming now 9-0 with an 81-67 win at Illinois State (5-3). Keep in mind that Illinois State deserved to beat Louisville last weekend (refs cheated them in the end). Wyoming is the real deal and will be in the thick of it in the MWC.

Murray State improves to 6-1 with 76-54 win over NAIA opponent.

Baylor falls to 5-3 with a 74-70 loss to Northwestern (7-2) in Waco. Is this the year Northwestern finally breaks "the streak"??

Last edited:
Our one "quality" win is not looking so "quality" anymore. effin bailer.

Just a little "oh by the way" comment: per Warren Nolan, CU WBB is currently at RPI=22. (He has CU MBB at RPI=6). Basketball school???

BeBe, other than Lousiville, are there any non-con games that really are "dangerous" for the women's team?

BeBe, other than Lousiville, are there any non-con games that really are "dangerous" for the women's team?

I wouldn't call any of the other remaining non-con games "dangerous" as I believe the Buffs should win all the other games. But you never really know for sure.

So far this season the team has been playing the way you want to see them play... believing in themselves and not giving up when the other team fights back; finding ways to win when not everything is clicking 100%. The game at DU will certainly have the Buffs meeting a motivated opponent, especially after the drubbing DU got at Coors last season but the Buffs should win that one too.

I even think that the Buffs have a shot at Louisville. I hope we get a really good crowd for the Louisville game.

Washington State is hanging in there against Gonzaga late. 65-64 Gonzaga with just over a minute left.

Sucks for Wazzou, Gonzaga got a layup with 2 seconds left to win the game.

Sucks for an entire Pac-12 that is once again starved for decent OOC wins. We did our share in Charleston and tonight, but aside from that, to say they are few and far between would be an understatement.

Know there's been some mention of a couple games, but I'll give it a rundown across the board for opponents of ours that were in action tonight:

Arizona State improved to 7-1 with a 71-63 win over Hartford (4-4). Credit to ASU for getting to 7-1, but keep in mind this is a heavily padded schedule. ASU is using the oft-used tactic of bad teams: pad your OOC schedule with basically nothing but cupcakes so you can hopefully still finish with a record around .500 overall despite lots of conference losses. Don't get me wrong, they're improved over last year and the trip to Tempe won't be quite the guaranteed "W" it was last year, but let's just keep their 7-1 record in perspective. This is still a bottom team in the Pac, IMO. As for Hartford, they played ASU tough tonight, but assuming the Buffs don't show up like they did against Texas Southern, CU wins comfortably.

Utah
improved to 6-2 with a 76-55 win over Boise State (6-2) in Salt Late City. Like Arizona State, there's no denying they're improved on last season, but they're still going to take heavy losses in conference play.

USC fell to 3-5 with a 75-67 loss at #18 New Mexico (9-0). USC played them tough and The Pit is notoriously hostile. In defense of USC's horrible overall record, they have played a REALLY tough OOC schedule. It doesn't get any easier with #14 Minnesota coming up next, and that's not the end of their tough OOC games.

Washington State
fell to 5-4 with a 71-69 last second loss to #10 Gonzaga (9-0) in Pullman. Tough loss. Would have been huge for the Pac to have the Cougs pull that off.

Northern Arizona ​
fell to 3-5 with a 92-86 home loss in OT to Loyola Marymount (5-4). Before the season, NAU was picked to be one of the worst in all of college basketball. They don't appear to be quite *that* bad, as they've gotten a few wins and been competitive in some losses. Still, Buffs should roll them.

Dayton improved to 6-2 with a solid 81-76 win over Alabama (6-2) in Tuscaloosa. This is great for the Buffs. Exactly the type of thing we need Dayton, Murray State, (and yes, Baylor) doing to boost our RPI.

Wofford improved to 4-5 with a 54-42 win in Spartanburg over Gardner-Webb (5-5). We know Wofford is pretty solid, it's just that like all teams from minor conferences, this is the time of year they have to travel around playing a bunch of road games against power conference teams. That record will improve. Hope they win the SoCon.

Last edited:
Only one opponent was in action tonight, and it was a yawner

Fresno State
improved to 5-3 with an 84-49 win over San Diego Christian. I find it very strange to see teams playing NAIA schools. I can understand Division II, but going outside the NCAA? Odd. Not sure why you're even able to count it as a win on your record. Anyway, I'll discuss Fresno for a second because we play them soon (Dec. 12). They were picked to finish 7th in the MWC above Boise State (8th) and Air Force (last). Honestly, I think both Air Force and Boise State are better than expected. Fresno may be the worst team in the MWC, and if not, they're certainly 8th. Still, the MWC is strong and this is a road game that has me a little worried. Fresno struggles on offense, but they play very solid defense. Through 8 games, no team has managed to score 70 on them yet. In fact, they held UC-Riverside to just 30 points. That's impressive. In short, there's a good chance we're going to find ourselves in a low scoring, sloppy, choppy affair in Fresno. The talent gap is clear, though. Hopefully the Buffs go out and impose their will early. RealTimeRPI is only giving the Buffs a 51.1% chance of winning at the moment. I feel a little better about it than that, but would not be surprised to find ourselves in a close game in the final minutes. Fresno travels to Pullman on Dec. 9th to take on Wazzu in their game previous to CU, so that should give us a decent read on them.

Saturday Games we care about:

Arizona State got a solid home win against a pretty good CS Northridge team (87-76)

Murray State got a solid road win against a pretty good Evansville team (82-70)

Oregon State is killing a bad Grambling team at home midway through the 2nd half.

CSU is struggling down by 2 midway through the 2nd half at a pretty good Illinois-Chicago team.

Air Force looks like they're starting to build a lead at home with about 3 1/2 minutes left against an awful AR-Pine Bluff team (56-45).

Wyoming sleepwalking at home against a non-D1 opponent, Panhandle State, and leads by 15 without about 5 minutes to play.

UCLA tied 13-13 early at a decent Texas team. This one's huge for the conference.

Oregon hosts a crappy Idaho State team a little later.

Texas Southern plays at a pretty good Houston team.

Wofford travels to a mediocre Davidson team.

#8 Arizona plays at a pretty good Clemson team.

Washington hosts a decent Nevada team.

Dayton hosts a very mediocre Miami (OH) team.

Utah plays at a decent BYU team.

USC hosts an excellent #14 Minnesota team.

ucla about to beat texas.

That's a good win for the conference.

Oregon State, Wyoming and AFA took care of business for us earlier.

CSU collapsed against IUC. **** CSU.

Oregon is destroying Idaho State right now and Texas Southern is surprisingly up by double digits with 7 minutes left at Houston.

i can think of one other coach that does less with more

mack brown

They certainly seem to be in quite the competition to out-do each other in that department. I still can't get over Texas not simply losing to Chaminade, but getting their ass kicked.

Texas Southern let Houston come back and then lost the game in OT. Damn.

Oregon best Idaho State by 52.

Wofford's down 12 at Davidson with about 12 minutes left.

Arizona and Clemson off to a slow start (5-2 UA after over 4 minutes).

UDub/Nev and Dayton/M-OH also underway about 5 minutes in and close.

Gotta have 'Zona win at Clemson. Know they're a long way from home and Littlejohn can be a tough place to play, but Clemson is bottom half, if not bottom third in the ACC. We certainly need the supposed best team in the conference to beat a team like Clemson.

Utah got smoked by BYU in the 2nd half.

At least Dayton won going away and Arizona got the solid win at Clemson.

Utah got smoked by BYU in the 2nd half.

At least Dayton won going away and Arizona got the solid win at Clemson.

Nice win for 'Zona going across the country. Tricky situation for them. A win and it's "they should win" and a loss and it would have been a disaster for the Pac. Littlejohn is notoriously a landmine in the ACC, although they aren't very good this year (~7th-8th in ACC), they're tough to defeat at home.

Still can't get over just how bad Washington is right now. I expected a step back, but you can make a strong argument at the moment that they're worse than anyone other than Wazzu and Utah

Arizona State has snuck to 8-1. They've lost to the only decent team they've played (Creighton), their best win is against a mediocre at best Arkansas squad, and other than that they've defeated 7 cupcakes. That said, coming off the season they had, it's a very positive sign that they're taking care of business. Sendek looks to be making a charge to keep his job for another year. I still don't think they're very good, but who knows, in a Pac-12 where the quality is suspect, ASU has the chance to finish a lot higher than anyone expected if they can win most of their home games.

Back