What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

When can we get DU on the schedule?

Good question.

I'm sure we'll see that. The women play them every year. Tad wants to play all the local teams regularly (not every single season, but regularly). Soon, we'll see UNC on the schedule. For that one, Tad's waiting until no one he recruited is still on the UNC roster. Maybe they're treating DU the same way since Billups probably recruited some of those kids.

Must have been quite a hostile road crowd playing SeattleU in KeyArena with 90% of the 6,000 in attendance being UDub fans. The sad thing is I wouldn't have been overly shocked if they lost. They've got 3 horrible cupcakes, and 1 near guaranteed loss at UConn remaining on their schedule, so the Huskies will be heading into conference play at 8-5. I've got them ~8th in the Pac-12.

Seattle U is coached by Cameron Dollar who used to be on Romar's staff. UW has not been the same defensively since he left, and the game between the two schools is always very physical. There was another injury last night, to Hikeem Stewart. Not many healthy bodies left for the Dawgs right now.

There's an interesting read on some of the Husky hardships this year. I agree they will likely have at least 5 losses heading in to conference play, unless they pull off an upset at UConn. Romar has never lost 5 out of conference games in November/December before, which I found interesting. 5-4 currently. We'll see if the Huskies get healthy, and if they have any chance of mediocrity or more. I would be surprised to see a full strength Husky squad this year, but hopefully it'll happen. They've been tough to watch.

8th might be a little high at this point from what I've seen...

Seattle U is coached by Cameron Dollar who used to be on Romar's staff. UW has not been the same defensively since he left, and the game between the two schools is always very physical. There was another injury last night, to Hikeem Stewart. Not many healthy bodies left for the Dawgs right now.

There's an interesting read on some of the Husky hardships this year. I agree they will likely have at least 5 losses heading in to conference play, unless they pull off an upset at UConn. Romar has never lost 5 out of conference games in November/December before, which I found interesting. 5-4 currently. We'll see if the Huskies get healthy, and if they have any chance of mediocrity or more. I would be surprised to see a full strength Husky squad this year, but hopefully it'll happen. They've been tough to watch.

The Cameron Dollar who was on the UCLA team that won the title and had the Tyus Edney Coast to coast buzzer beater? One of my favorite March Madness highlights.

I figure you're bound to start playing a little better at some point. Wazzu is atrocious, Utah and Arizona State are both improved but will still be in the bottom quarter of the conference (ASU getting slaughtered by DePaul in Tempe proves their 8-1 start was entirely misleading as they were feeding off cupcakes). USC is improved, but is 3-6 due to a brutal schedule and is staring 5-11 in the face in a few weeks time. I think 8th is most likely for UDub.

Seattle does play physical. I saw them knock off Virginia in Charlottesville two years ago, and last year UVA had a tricky trip to Seattle and only won by 7. This year, however, they beat them by 42.

Games for Saturday, 12/15:

Pac-12 is setting up as a 5-bid league this year, but today is HUGE.

Oregon hosts 6-2 Nebraska
Arizona hosts 7-0 #5 Florida
Cal hosts 9-1 #16 Creighton

Other games that the conference better not lose:

Arizona State hosts 2-6 Dartmouth
Stanford hosts 1-5 UC-Davis
USC hosts 2-7 UC-Riverside
Washington hosts 0-7 Jackson State
UCLA hosts 5-5 Prairie View A&M

Other games CU cares about:

Kansas hosts 7-2 Belmont
Dayton hosts 5-4 Florida Atlantic
Fresno State hosts 4-6 UC Irvine
Hartford travels to 2-6 Rice

Good question.

I'm sure we'll see that. The women play them every year. Tad wants to play all the local teams regularly (not every single season, but regularly). Soon, we'll see UNC on the schedule. For that one, Tad's waiting until no one he recruited is still on the UNC roster. Maybe they're treating DU the same way since Billups probably recruited some of those kids.

from what i recall, the kids that billups recruited all had left or graduated 1-2 years ago. Only player of contention would be Joe Scott recruiting Chen to DU back in 08.

Games for Saturday, 12/15:

Pac-12 is setting up as a 5-bid league this year, but today is HUGE.

Oregon hosts 6-2 Nebraska
Arizona hosts 7-0 #5 Florida
Cal hosts 9-1 #16 Creighton

Other games that the conference better not lose:

Arizona State hosts 2-6 Dartmouth
Stanford hosts 1-5 UC-Davis
USC hosts 2-7 UC-Riverside
Washington hosts 0-7 Jackson State
UCLA hosts 5-5 Prairie View A&M

Other games CU cares about:

Kansas hosts 7-2 Belmont
Dayton hosts 5-4 Florida Atlantic
Fresno State hosts 4-6 UC Irvine
Hartford travels to 2-6 Rice

I'm obviously all for this being a 5 bid league, but not sure I see it playing out that way. I think Arizona and CU are locks. Oregon should get safely in. However, not sure I see 2/3 of UCLA, Cal and Stanford doing enough. UCLA probably comes on strong in the Pac and gets in despite the damage they've done to themselves OOC. Obviously a Cal win over Creighton (which I think they can win, maybe even should win) would help matters immensely. A bubble team, or non-contender winning the Pac-12 tournament could boost things as well, unless it damages a couple bubble teams in the process. Much of this may depend on just who exactly is able to beat Arizona in conference play

Last edited:
Butler beats Indiana! not that that helps us but still huge win for the Bulldogs

Brad Stevens is just simply an incredible coach. You could make a strong case that he will go down as one of the greatest coaches in the game if he keeps this up. Easily one of the top coaches today. This was supposed to be a major down year for Butler, and here they are playing better than ever, having already beaten the crap out of North Carolina and now defeating #1 Indiana. Incredible. Hard not to like Butler, they exemplify everything great about college basketball.

Butler beats Indiana! not that that helps us but still huge win for the Bulldogs

Great game to watch, down to the wire in OT!

I think Butler winning does help us. They have Dayton on their schedule and opponents of opponents factors in the RPI equation somewhere (I think).

I'm obviously all for this being a 5 bid league, but not sure I see it playing out that way. I think Arizona and CU are locks. Oregon should get safely in. However, not sure I see 2/3 of UCLA, Cal and Stanford doing enough. UCLA probably comes on strong in the Pac and gets in despite the damage they've done to themselves OOC. Obviously a Cal win over Creighton (which I think they can win, maybe even should win) would help matters immensely. A bubble team, or non-contender winning the Pac-12 tournament could boost things as well, unless it damages a couple bubble teams in the process. Much of this may depend on just who exactly is able to beat Arizona in conference play

Even with Arizona, I think it's too early to call them a lock. They have really only played one decent team, Clemson. We'll find out a lot more tonight whether they are a lock or not tonight.

CU and Oregon have put themselves in good spots with wins against ranked teams, but both are not locks yet. Both will need to have good conference records to get into the tournament. Probably 12 wins counting tourney play

Cal, Stanford, UCLA all have a shot at fighting for a spot. All needs a signature win in OOC, or they will probably need to tear it up in Conference play. UCLA has the name recognition that will help them get in, if it's debatable. Oregon State is the dark horse team that I'm predicting to go on a pretty solid run and surprise some teams.

Stanford beat UC Davis 75-52
Oregon beat Nebraska 60-38
Arizona St beat Dartmouth 61-42
Washington is beating Jackson St at the half 40-34
USC is beating UC Riverside at the half 39-12

Arizona -- Florida game had the opportunity to get completely out of control with how well Florida is playing but Arizona has stuck in there. Florida is just a beast of a team. Their press was very effective early against Arizona.

Arizona would be getting downright slaughtered if this were in another location. The 'Cats just haven't been tested yet (Southern Miss is the strongest team they've played). No, Clemson is not any good this year. In fact, they're pretty damn awful. That's not Arizona's fault, but they're facing a team in Florida that is 5x anything they've encountered. The Gators are the real deal, look at what they've done to teams like Marquette and Wisconsin.

God, Washington is just miserable right now. Battling with 0-8 Jackson State in Seattle for 40 minutes? Ouch. I'll still stick with saying they enter conference play 8-5, but if they play like they did today, Cal Poly will beat them. Cal Poly is bad, but they did beat UCLA...

USC beats UC-Riverside 70-26 :lol:. This is the same Riverside squad that only managed to score 30 on Fresno State. Woof.

Yeah, Florida looks like a title contender. Probably the best team in the SEC. Zona's defense has kept them in this. Offensively, they look vulnerable but Florida does this to a lot of teams

Creighton leads Cal 34-29 at the half in Berkeley. Cal would be wise to win this. If they don't, I can already see it coming on Selection Sunday "In December, they had golden opportunities at home against UNLV and Creighton, but..."

Back