What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

This has not been a good night for CU's strength of schedule.

Oregon State's up by 14 and it doesn't look like Howard has a run in them. So at least there will be that win to close the night for the Pac-12.

Very little happening Thursday night.

Washington hosts Cal Poly (4-5).
USC hosts UC-Irvine (5-7).

Sadly, both games scare me.

Serious question:

At this juncture, who do you see CU losing to within the PAC this year and will it be an away game or a home game?

Serious question:

At this juncture, who do you see CU losing to within the PAC this year and will it be an away game or a home game?
don't see how that fits in this thread, but to answer your question in part --- definitely not to Cal :smile2:

Serious question:

It's really hard to project. CU is not exactly a powerhouse with clear separation from other conference members.

The only game I expect us to lose is the conference opener at Arizona.

Every other game on the conference schedule has to be taken seriously or the Buffs will lose.

My guess is that we go 7-2 at home (dropping a game to either Zona or UCLA and then Oregon, Cal and Furd are most worrisome).

On the road, I'm thinking 5-4. I think we beat ASU, WSU, Utah and Washington. I also think we'll pick up a win among Cal, Furd, Oregon and Oregon State.

12-6 in the Pac-12. Good for 3rd. Overall record of 22-8 entering the P-12 Tourney.

So much of CU's success depends on defensive intensity and aggressiveness being allowed by the refs. That's a recipe for having some off nights on the road until the Buffs develop a certain rep and respect. And we're probably a couple years away from earning that.

Serious question:

We'll likely go around 12-6. We'll clean up at home for the most part. 1 loss, 2 max at the Keg. On the road, we'll fall victim to some mediocre teams, as we're young and not great on the road just yet. However, that youth also means we're going to hit our stride and might be scary good a couple months from now. I expect 4-5 road losses to the Stanfords, Oregons, those types. CU has a very good shot to finish 2nd in the regular season, and I don't see us finishing worse than 4th.

We've done our job OOC. You haven't, unfortunately. That's likely while we'll be cheering on our team in the Dance, while you're cheering for Pac-12 pride in the Dance and watching your Bears in the NIT. You aren't totally out of the equation yet, but unless you kick some serious ass in the Pac, you'll be NIT bound. Basically, you just ****ed up arguably the most vital part of your season with two golden chances for a marquee OOC win (or two)...even more painful because it was at home. This is a 4 bid league, max.

Last edited:
We've done our job OOC. You haven't, unfortunately. That's likely while we'll be cheering on our team in the Dance, while you're cheering for Pac-12 pride in the Dance and watching your Bears in the NIT. You aren't totally out of the equation yet, but unless you kick some serious ass in the Pac, you'll be NIT bound. Basically, you just ****ed up arguably the most vital part of your season with two golden chances for a marquee OOC win (or two)...even more painful because it was at home. This is a 4 bid league, max.

Exactly. I've got no qualms with your analysis so far except this:

4-5 Road losses? Confidence! So you're gonna beat furd, Oregon, Washington, UCLA and us twice? And some others are in the mix? I can see it now-CU rolls to the tourney. How's Baylor doing now? Wyoming was solid though...pushed it in all the way to your lower colon huh? Yeah, we were all watching you too biaatch. I'm not the only PAC troll here. What you say winds up on other boards too.

Let's see how well you do in away games in the PAC this year. Home games with a football team that went 1-11? Yeah, I should think there is some pride there so I give you that but travelling? We'll see...

Last edited:
Whatever - you are a poor man's tree.

flukes and trees don't mix. Remember his last trip to Boulder?

bearx-wide-community.jpg

flukes and trees don't mix. Remember his last trip to Boulder?

bearx-wide-community.jpg

That actually looks like ALL my trips to Boulder.

Still, you're all in MY PAC 12 now. You're welcome. Two year's ago you were sucking on Texas teats for scraps. Now you're groveling at the bottom of the PAC and rich bitches. More money than you all know how to spend (as if that's not obvious to everyone right now) Maybe now you finally get some upgrades or pick up some asst. coaches for your football team? Perhaps you can field some other teams like the rest of the PAC? :nod:

That actually looks like ALL my trips to Boulder.

Still, you're all in MY PAC 12 now. You're welcome. Two year's ago you were sucking on Texas teats for scraps. Now you're groveling at the bottom of the PAC and rich bitches. More money than you all know how to spend (as if that's not obvious to everyone right now) Maybe now you finally get some upgrades or pick up some asst. coaches for your football team? Perhaps you can field some other teams like the rest of the PAC? :nod:

I think Oregon State just scored again

4-5 Road losses? Confidence! So you're gonna beat furd, Oregon, Washington, UCLA and us twice? And some others are in the mix? I can see it now-CU rolls to the tourney. How's Baylor doing now? Wyoming was solid though...pushed it in all the way to your lower colon huh? Yeah, we were all watching you too biaatch. I'm not the only PAC troll here. What you say winds up on other boards too.

Let's see how well you do in away games in the PAC this year. Home games with a football team that went 1-11? Yeah, I should think there is some pride there so I give you that but travelling? We'll see...

is this unrealistic to you? I think playing UCLA early helps us tremendously as they will eventually put it all together. I think we will lose more than 4 on the road for sure as we aren't a good road team right now.

@Arizona - L
@ARizona State - W
USC - W
UCLA -W
@Washington - W
@Washington State - L
Stanford - W
California - W
@Utah - W
@Oregon - L
@Oregon State - L
Arizona - L
Arizona STate - W
Utah - W
@Stanford - L
@California - L
Oregon - W
Oregon State - W

11-7 in conference.

I'm thinking 10-8/11-7 in conference. 7-2 at home (loss to Arizona & another team) and then either 3-6 or 4-5 on the road.

The road terrifies me with this team.

is this unrealistic to you? I think playing UCLA early helps us tremendously as they will eventually put it all together. I think we will lose more than 4 on the road for sure as we aren't a good road team right now.11-7 in conference.

No. It's quite possible. In fact, it seems probable. You have a good team again and as CVille noted earlier, my team isn't looking like a tourney team. I'm just giving you guys crap.

Until proven otherwise, we are a terrible road team, barely beating Fresno. Our bench needs to improve drastically or our starters will wear down at year end. My prediction:

@Arizona - L
@Arizona State - L
USC - W
UCLA -W
@Washington - L
@Washington State - W
Stanford - W
California - W
@Utah - L
@Oregon - L
@Oregon State - L
Arizona - W
Arizona State - W
Utah - W
@Stanford - L
@California - L
Oregon - W
Oregon State - W

10-8 in conference. I can't really predict any road victory except against Wash State. Utah/ASU are much improved. We will be great at home, but I don't trust our team on the road. Even with that terrible road record, our RPI should still be inflated, and we should sneak into the tourney.

Last edited:
Until proven otherwise, we are a terrible road team, barely beating Fresno. Our bench needs to improve drastically or our starters will wear down at year end. My prediction:

@Arizona - L
@Arizona State - L
USC - W
UCLA -W
@Washington - L
@Washington State - W
Stanford - W
California - W
@Utah - L
@Oregon - L
@Oregon State - L
Arizona - W
Arizona State - W
Utah - W
@Stanford - L
@California - L
Oregon - W
Oregon State - W

10-8 in conference. Until proven otherwise, I can't really predict any road victory except against Wash State. Utah/ASU are much improved. We will be great at home, but I don't trust our team on the road. Even with that terrible road record, our RPI should still be inflated, and we should sneak into the tourney.

jwhite,

After 6 years of lurking, why did you choose to depress me with your first post? :lol:

Solid post, though. It would be good to have another hoops fan active on the board.

@Arizona - L
@Arizona State - L
USC - W
UCLA -W
@Washington - L
@Washington State - W
Stanford - W
California - W
@Utah - L
@Oregon - L
@Oregon State - L
Arizona - W
Arizona State - W
Utah - W
@Stanford - L
@California - L
Oregon - W
Oregon State - W

10-8 in conference. Until proven otherwise, I can't really predict any road victory except against Wash State. Utah/ASU are much improved. We will be great at home, but I don't trust our team on the road. Even with that terrible road record, our RPI should still be inflated, and we should sneak into the tourney.
That is a long lurking period. I think the road play so far is a result of our youth, and that we'll improve as the season goes on, probably starting with the game @ Utah. I think we win those three road games (Utah, UO, OSU) and one of the Cal/Furd road games. I'm also assuming that our free throw % improves to around 70%.

Haha, yea, I forgot I had a account with this website! I usually post on rivals, but I love the bball discussion over here the most! You all really know your stuff! What an exciting time for bball with the "other" major sport at CU so far down..

We need to play a lot better to win on the road, especially against the bottom teams. I hope I am wrong, and we go 4-5/5-4 on the road, but I don't see it this year with the bottom of the Pac improved compared to last year.

We should beat ASU, Utah, Washingtion and Washington State if we are legit tourney team, but each one of those games will be tougher than we all want.

I hope this long christmas/new year's break and playing weak opponents helps the team, and we come out on fire against Arizona/Arizona State. I like that we play on the road to start the year, especially against Zona. Our team won't see another road environment like that for any other road game.

I think the KU game probably provided the most hostile environment they'll see this year.

I think Washington is the toughest road game in the conference for us. Best thing for us would be if they start slowly in conference play and their fans aren't engaged like they normally are. To me, that's a big swing game for us and our Pac-12 road record.

By far your weakest effort. 1) talking football on a basketball board equals automatic disqualification. 2) talking football smack on a basketball board when your own team won 3 games equals automatic retardation. 3) your best actual basketball smack was telling us we lost a close game on the road to an 11-0 team with an RPI in the 30s?

You're an embarrassment to your school, flukes.

Again:

We have quality wins, you don't.

We'll be in the Big Dance, you won't.

Lastly, I'm wondering if you could PM me your addy? I want to send you roses when Monty retires in March. Hopefully you guys win a game or two in the NIT to send him off into the sunset the right way.

I think Washington is the toughest road game in the conference for us. Best thing for us would be if they start slowly in conference play and their fans aren't engaged like they normally are. To me, that's a big swing game for us and our Pac-12 road record.

Washington? Really? In a normal year, I'd agree, but this year their attendance has been horrible. In their defense, they've had a bland non-conference schedule, but I've seen pictures at UDub games where it looked like a CU game from December 2000. It's not pretty. In my opinion, Arizona is EASILY the hardest road game in conference, and it's only a few shades behind Kansas for toughest game overall.

Washington? Really? In a normal year, I'd agree, but this year their attendance has been horrible. In their defense, they've had a bland non-conference schedule, but I've seen pictures at UDub games where it looked like a CU game from December 2000. It's not pretty. In my opinion, Arizona is EASILY the hardest road game in conference, and it's only a few shades behind Kansas for toughest game overall.

I meant it in terms of toughest road venue in the P12, not as a comment on their team this year.

Back